Just got back last night. Stayed at the suite overlooking the pool. Has 2 balcony area. Nice view. But when you opened the front door, it overlooked some dense forest. Quite creepy at night though.The room looked a little tired but very clean.There's a stove and microwave oven in the room.Didn't use them though.There's separate shower area, a bathtub and the toilet room. No bathroom slippers. Drainage in shower room very slow so there would be a little flood if you shower too long. Bed was really hard for me. couldn't sleep well first night but slept better the 2nd night onwards. Probably because of all the climbing we had to do. The room we stayed in was on the 4th floor ... No lifts. We had to climb up and down , not for the elderly and weak knees definitely. But no complains from us as its really good exercise. Plus, this hotel is situated on a hill. We LOVED it!! Probably very safe if there's Tsunami.Good exercise after eating all those seafood and thai food at the many restaurants that dots down the road (lots of choices, mexican, italian..American....) and there's this guy selling banana pancake at the bottom of the hill.. Gotta try that. You can enjoy it while climbing up the hill haha!! FYI the hotel does have a tuk tuk service going up and down the hill. Good location and a nice shopping area. Don't worry if you forgot anything. There's a few convenience store and shops within easy reach. It's not too crowded and busy like Patong. Recommended area to book if you are traveling with children. We were treated very well at the hotel. Everyone had smiles and greetings for us wherever we went. Always! From housekeeping to the gardeners, front desks, concierge, restaurants. Food at the hotel were not so good though.Better to eat at the many restaurants down the hill. You have more options if you turned to your right. While there were a variety of food served during buffet breakfast, we found food very average. But we don't mind that much as service was always great. Enjoyed the spa service at the hotel. You probably could get cheaper massages outside but it's a lot cleaner here. My husband had a foot massage at one of the massage place at the bottom of the hill ( there are lots of them), he came back with his feet soaked in oil. My 9yr old enjoyed the pool. Beach is down the hill, and about 2mins from there. You need to pay 200 baht for a spot. It never rained during our stay so that's a bonus! We will stay here again if we ever visit Phuket again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket