We recently stayed 4 nights at the Horizon Karon Beach and booked one of their Club Rooms with pool view. located in their Privilege Club wing (no kids under 18). The Privilege Club offers inclusions such as a separate swimming pool (with swim-up bar), free Wi-Fi and access to the Club Lounge where you can get free coffee/tea all day, plus snacks and drinks between 12 - 2pm. Our room was huge, and the bathroom had a full-size deep bath, plus a balcony overlooking the pool area with 2 lounge chairs.
As we were travelling during low season, we got a fantastic rate that included free buffet breakfast (same as most hotels in Phuket), but also included a free buffet dinner. The menu had a different theme each night, and while some dishes were available each night, there was enough variety and plenty of options to choose from. Breakfast also offered a huge range of choice.
The staff are brilliant. All are super friendly, always greet you with a smile and only too happy to help.
The hotel is within easy walking distance to both Karon and Kata beaches and shops. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel is at the top of a hill and the hotel itself has quite a lot of stairs. While it's a good way to work off breakfast, it might be a bit more difficult for those with mobility issues.
The hotel has a free shuttle service to it's sister hotel in Patong. These run at scheduled times and the Horizon Patong is located a short walking distance to Bangla Road and Phuket Square shopping precinct. Or you can take a tuk-tuk or taxi, which will cost around 400B or around AUD$12 each way.
We loved our stay at the Horizon Karon and hope to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Hotel.de, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket