Clean rooms and friendly staff, but not our cup of tea. This type of guesthouse is definitely geared for backpackers who want cheap and clean.
Type Room we had: Seaview Double Room (800 Baht per night, low season)
Number of Nights we stayed: 2 (only because it was too wet outside to look for another place)
- Great location basically across the street from Karon Beach and around the corner from Karon Village.
- Great view of ocean. We had a Seaview room with a balcony; only slightly obstructed by powerlines.
- Clean Rooms
- Good hot showers
- No safes in the room. This was NOT good as the next bullet will explain.
- Key drop-off not very secure at front desk. You basically just drop off and pick up your key in a basket in the lobby when you come and go from the guesthouse. If security is a concern, think twice about this place. Anyone can basically grab your key from the basket if they wanted to.
- Reception area did not look or feel like any hotel or guesthouse reception area, so we were a bit confused when we first arrived. It looked like someone's basement laundry room.
- Towels were worn and did not smell fresh.
- Also Known As:
- My Friend`s House 1 Hotel Karon
- My Friend's House 1 Phuket/Karon