Baan Karonburi Resort
Very Good 4/5
  • Free Internet
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewskaron beachhot thai dishesbaht buspool accessthai breakfastseen better dayspool view roomthe location is perfectswim up barwithin easy walking distanceloved this hotelstayed here for a weekbreakfast spreadnice roomhotel staffpleasant stayenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

i was there with my parent but reception so nice and polite & friendly, Bath room it's fine to use facilities, we were the pool view room. we have private room. it's match for price we are recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jumiya293918
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the Christmas break. This is our second time & we were given a discounted rate. We are upgraded for the 1st night to a suite room. The view was ok.bthe room is so beautiful, truly Thai inspired & spacious. Then we are transferred to a deluxe room, sea view. It has a perfect location, a two minutes walk. The breakfast is ok. It has improved from the last time we were there. Although I believe they needed a new bread toaster. It would also help if they are inspecting all the towels. It happened 1st & 2nd time we stayed. It looked horrible & I believe it is a rug. They speak a little english so sometimes it is a bit frustrating.

Room Tip: The suite room is beautiful but you would have to walk a bit longer to go to the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Croft08
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My boyfriend and I (both aged 21) recently stayed in this hotel during June 2012. We had a wonderful stay and I couldn't recommend this hotel more for those who are looking for a hotel a little out of Patong (to avoid all the noise etc.) and who do not want to spend an arm and a leg for good service. The rooms were just what we needed, with a huge bed, tv with plenty of channels and a good bathroom. I do recommend a higher floor however, as there is nothing better than buying a few drinks and drinking them on your balcony at night, with the sound of music and the waves, so relaxing. The staff were fantastic and so friendly. I believe it is quite harsh of other reviewers to attack the staff for their English. I know about three words of Thai and we communicated with them extremely well and they catered to our every need, going above and beyond at times. All you need is a smile on your face! This hotel also has quite a few rooms and not a huge cleaning staff, but that didn't bother us at all. All we needed to do was put our cleaning sign on the door and busy ourselves during the day (it's not hard, there's so much to do!) and we'd come back to a lovely and clean room.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, on either side there is a big marketplace with all the touristy knick knacks you'll ever need and also a lane full of minimarts, restaurants (try them all, they're all fantastic, especially Gings, largest cocktail list I've ever seen!) and massage places. Plus the beach is right across the road with lifeguards and red/yellow flags. There is a taxi area just outside the hotel also, all the taxi drivers speak good English and give extremely good prices. We had a few in particular who we knew by name, who took us to many places, waited around for us and picked us up later when we needed them and were always up for a chat. We weren't just money to them, which was great to see.

The pool is also great, it has such a tropical and relaxing feel with great bar staff who make wonderful cocktails. Breakfast buffet was very tasty, they changed it up a bit too everyday, so you got variety and I always ate so much I wasn't hungry again until dinner!

I really recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean, friendly and very comfortable mid priced hotel. We had an fantastic stay and would like to thank the staff for making our time in town so lovely :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank AimeeeLouise
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Sad experience.
After paying for the room we asked for a receipt.
Something wrong with asking for the receipt?
Well it seem so. Once you pay (Gimma the money) they are no more interested in you.
It took us 15 minutes to explain them that we need a receipt.
Their english is like my chinese (almost 0).
After waiting 15 more minutes for them to print a receipt we found that the departure day was wrong.
Again it took another 15 minutes before we finally got a proper receipt.
One more nightmare was the breakfast.
Meat paradise but vegetarian hell.
It must be good for the Russian clientele but terrible for us.
The only good thing was the room (nice and clean).
Never back again. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Friendofeverybody
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed here and loved it, its a quiet, clean hotel. The long gorgeous beach is just over the road. There are restaurants only a 2 minute walk away to the left or 5 minutes to the right to the centre of Karon where there are more restaurants, bars and etc....

This part of Phuket is a perfect place to relax and is suitable for families as well as those that want a little more.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo