“Good place to stay and staff give good advice”

Pineapple Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 151 Karon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We found The. pineapple Guesthouse to be in a good location (excellent for the price), The room and communal areas were clean and tidy. Breakfast was good and was served in good time. Steve was extremely helpful with everything we asked for and gave us ideas on things to do. Loads of stuff to borrow for free.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pineapple Guesthouse was perfect for what we needed in Phuket. We stayed in the 10 person dorm which was very basic but it's really close to Karon Beach and a short tuktuk away from Patong where the night life is. The Thai couple who work there are both so helpful and the lady speaks English really well and helped us out with booking buses, etc. They also have the cutest kid! There was an outside area where you could drink and it was so easy to meet people, the owners didn't mind us bringing our own beer there and even gave us coolers so they wouldn't get warm! No air-conditioning but it's so cheap and definitely really good value for money, would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
PineapplePhuket, Owner at Pineapple Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thanks for the great review.

You'll be pleased to hear that the dorm now has aircon for use at night. We don't open it during the day to keep our costs, and therefore the guests' costs, down.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I booked 2 nights here in the 10 room dorm while meeting up with my friends in Phuket. However I did not end up sleeping here because my friends asked me to stay with them in their villa. I felt comfortable leaving my luggage there and they give you a locker with a padlock. I thought that the room and bathroom was very clean with lots of fans to keep you cool. The wi-fi was also awesome. its a family owned business and when I arrived they were eating dinner and then gave me a ride to meet my friends free of charge. I also liked the area. I think if your on a budget then this is defiantly great value!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed for a month at this place while I was deciding where I wanted to live in Phuket. The guesthouse is family run and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable and the wifi is excellent. Overall it is excellent value. They have excellent English breakfasts if you're missing home, and also good Thai food. The highly rated but great value Mama Noi restaurant is practically next door also.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay, first hostel on our SEA trip. Friendly, helpful, English speaking staff. Good restaurant next door, and amazing $1 pad Thai around the corner (in lonely planet book).
500m walk to the beach. 15 min walk to Kata beach. Organized our transportation from door to Ko phi phi.

10 person bunk bed dorm. Each bed with fan (even top bunks), outlet and light.
All good.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay at Pineapple! It's nicely located 5 min from the beach and <5 min from everything else. I stayed in the dorm which had everything that I wanted, from tons of fans to a locker, towel and a good bathroom. It's owned by Steve and Lek, who are both very friendly and helpful. When I was here the prices were a bit lower than normally because of low season. I paid 175 THB for the dorm, which is a lot cheaper than anything else I found. You get a fast wifi connection, a computer free to use for guests, and they also have snorkel and other beach stuff to borrow for free. For the people with a higher budget they also have more luxury rooms. Recommendation for everybody who doesn't want to stay in one of the extremely upscale, expensive Phuket resorts.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We were looking for the cheapest most acceptable place to stay when we booked this place so we weren't looking for much. Looking from the outside that was exactly what we got.
We were however pleasantly surprised once we got in the room. The room was Huge! there was an en suite, fridge, TV, wardrobe, dressing table, drawers, a huge window to outside, A SAFE and air con too.

The location was ideal for us, we weren't in to the loud party scene which is why we chose to stay in Karon. Pineapple was out of the way a little bit more but tucked in just behind the main road so it was there if you wanted it but you could shut yourself away in peace at the same time.

The guys there were fantastic, really helpful. If you need to hire a scooter then do it from them, everyone requires a passport to do it so if you're going to leave yours then it might as well be where you're staying. The bikes are really well looked after too, we hired one for 2 days and drove the hell out of it and it never struggled, never failed.

Just remember to be safe and don't hire one with no experience, the roads take more concentration than back home and the medical bills are insane. I have both a bike license and I got my IDP (international driving permit) before leaving home and we've still been put in some tricky situations by other drivers.

They heard we had booked a trip with a company and explained that they could get the same trip and save us 1000 baht if we wanted, no pressure just there's the offer, if you want it come and see us, if not no worries. Such a friendly approach.

If you're going to Phuket and Don't want to be in the hectic area, stay here. It's that simple.

I hate giving excellent scores all round but I really can't fault anything.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple