“Reliability..?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 83 Hotels in Phuket Town
Sydney, Australia
“Reliability..?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I booked this hotel for one night before heading out to Phi Phi. I mentioned that I would like to be picked up from the airport for 500 Baht - the hotel said to email three days before to confirm, which I did. After no reply I emailed again, twice, but still no reply. Naturally when we arrived at the airport there was nobody there to collect us. Alas we jumped in a cab for the same price. I mentioned to the staff when I arrived but got no response as English is limited - oh well, no biggie, but be aware if you arrange a pick up from the airport.

Good: Wifi is good for 100 Baht per day.
The location was close to the pier - took about 10 minutes at a cost of 100 Baht.
Not so good: The shower was little more than a dribble and not the warmest.
If booking ahead agree on a price and ensure you are charged the agreed amount as there was an attempt to charge us an extra 100 Baht

Overall the room is fine if going to Phi Phi, but I wouldn't recommend for any more than one night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Thai first
Oslo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The rooms are ok but very very dusty and not too clean.
First night i had a room with electric power problem.
The staff just told me when i went down that it was me that did it wrong.
I managed to get it work.
Day after it did not work again and the staff could not make it work as well.
Had to change room after unpacking way too many things.

After still staying there for a couple of days because of its location I wanted to buy a
internet access for 100 baht. They had run out and instead of preparing new 24 hours one for that 100 baht now i could only buy 1 hour or 30 min for 50 or 30 baht. I asked if they could make new 24 hour one but got no real answer and thought they were about to do that. Sat down for 15 minutes and nothing happend. Decided to go up to my room again and 1 hour later i went down and could see that they still did not have any 24 hours. I waited patiently for the woman that sat there to be finished with what she did while the other guy just decided to watch tv instead of helping me. I managed to get him to sell me one 1 hour access but with some hesitation from him.

Nice place with very lazy staf.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Phuket Town hotels

Darwin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Second time I've stayed here and wouldn't bother again. Check in was fine, staff helpful and polite but the room smelt like a dozen smokers had been puffing away furiously just before we walked in the door. I guess I should have requested non-smoking but thought most places were nowadays anyway. My mistake. Guess we could have moved rooms but bought room spray instead. Hubby said the breakfast, which was included, was the worst he had all trip and my rice porridge, which I usually love, wasn't too good either.

Didn't notice much notice during the night, which was a plus. All in all, for the price there are better.

Room Tip: Request non-smoking when booking.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We just stayed here for 1 night on our way to Ko Phi Phi. None of us knew anything about the hotel, other than it was recommended by Lonely Planet. The room was nice and clean and had aircondition. The bed was good. The staff was really helpful and attentive. And what more can you expect when paying 650 BHT for a night. Breakfast was not included though.
It is 10 minutes drive to the pier, so this was more than perfect for all of us.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a night or 2.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Truls E
australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

This was the finishing hotel for a Gecko Adventures flash packing tour of Thailand.
Positives... The rooms were roomy, clean and comfortable.

Negatives... It was difficult to get information from staff as they didn't speak much English. Breakfast was a shambles as they kept stuffing up the orders and then overcharged everybody. It is a long way to the main beaches which are on the other side of the island

A comfortable place to stay but eat elsewhere and be prepared to hit the the streets to haggle for your own taxis to the airport or to the other side of the island.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Neerpelt, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

We stayed here after traveling from Koh Lanta to Phuket. Good place near the pier. I wouldn't stay here for more than 1 night though, there isn't much for tourists to see.

The rooms are great, good beds, nice bedroom and a lot of television channels. Only one with Belgian TV during our entire Thailand trip. The price is cheap, so value is great.

The only negative point is the staff and the service. Their English really is terrible. It took me over half an hour to explain that we had a reservation done by a traveling agency and that the traveling agency already sent them the voucher a few hours earlier (because they forgot to send it to us earlier). A call to them to arrange a pickup at the bus station failed because they didn't understand me. A call from our room to arrange a wakeup call in the morning also failed, altough it was answered by an 'Ok, yes sir.'. Luckily I saw it coming and used my own cell phone as backup.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

We enjoyed staying local while in Phuket. The hotel was livable and reasonable for our long stay in Phuket. It was nice having the American Breakfast every day. The staff and locals were friendly. Internet was a bit over-priced at 30 baht for 30 min, when it's 20 baht for 1 hr right around the corner. It's no frills and if you don't mind smoking clients in the hallway, it's a good place to stay central.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends