“Subpar, Do not stay here”
Review of Twin Inn Hotel

Twin Inn Hotel
Ranked #58 of 89 Hotels in Phuket Town
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Subpar, Do not stay here”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This is a hotel that promotes rest, relaxation and unforgettable memories. The only thing it lives up to is the unforgettable memory of how retched a hotel this place is!

We arrived exausted from extended travels and were greeted warmly, had our bags taken up to our room and were shown where everything was located. Both impressed we then sat down on the bed to find it was not what we imagined it to be but was hard, springy, and on the verge of breakdown. We then discovered it was covered in ants which began biting and running all over our bodies.

Quick to bring this to the staff's attention we were then moved to another room on a higher floor which was the room we were envisioning. Larger, more comfortable and no ants on the bed. However, we still awoke with several bites from the occassional wanderers.

The staff was incredibly resistant to help us further with the ant problem however they eventually sided with us and provided a one night refund. From that point, they refused to even talk to us or look us in the face. Not the type of service I would expect from a hotel that charges between 800-1200 Baht per night. I have stayed in hotels and guesthouses for less than half that price and received quality and service that goes above and beyond what I could expect anywhere.

The food is expensive but decent as long as you are not eating the included breakfast. The breakfast was a buffet one day and a set meal the next. Confusing to customers and terrible to eat, we opted to go somewhere else and pay for a better meal. There is a great restaurant at the corner of the road that is affordable and the staff are superb.

Overall, this was a terrible hotel. I would never come back here nor would I ever recommend anyone to stay. Look around for a higher quality place that gives you a better value for your money.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed here one night and I would not go back. We had to take our cases up stairs ourselves as there was no bell boy and no elevator. After having a nap for an hour or so I woke up to find ants all over the bed and floor and also in the bathroom all over the Walls. After complaining and changing rooms, the second one seemed fine until three o'clock in the morning when yet again ants started appearing. When we were leaving, the girl on the desk "forgot" about our deposit until we asked at which point she started laughing to her colleagues who were just hanging around reception. We paid 1000 baht through a woman at the airport and i feel this was a total rip off! I would not recommend this place to anyone. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed September 2011

Travellers are raving about these Phuket Town hotels

Dorset, England
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed for one night because I had a night to kill in Phuket. I paid 1000 baht for a double bed room with ac, hot water and free wifi. Overall, I thought it was a good deal. A porter helped me take my bag upstairs because there is no lift. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a desk, television, side table with lamp and wardrobe. There was a fridge with mini bar and 2 bottles of singha water a day. The bathroom was clean and everything worked properly. The only bad thing was breakfast which had no vegetarian option (very common in cheap hotels) and very cheap food e.g. starched white bread and sugary juice (also very common). If I came back I would ask for a discount and no breakfast!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I stayed here 6 nights. For a few days (late December / early January), they had really awesome buffet breakfast by the swimming pool. Then it was just regular breakfast – choice between American/Thai style. A nice, clean, good-sized room with a telephone inside at 750 baht/night walk-in price (a pretty good deal compared to 4 other hotels I stayed at near NaiYang, Karon, and Patong beach at 1200-2600baht/nite although this place is not by the beach). A trip to Patong beach by taxi was about 400 baht one way (about 30 minutes away). They do have a free shuttle service to a nearby mall a few times a day which I did not use. Internet at the lobby was cheap (40 baht / hr) but really slow. Lots of local food stands nearby. Also a 7-11 within a few minutes walk out the main street. No laundry service for the New Year’s but a laundry place nearby who charged only 40-80 baht per load. Oh, the massage place a few doors over offers pretty good Thai massage at 100 baht/hour. It’s a good value for the price if you plan to stay in Phuket for a while and do not have the need to be near the beach/ all the action (if you just plan to be picked up by tours going to the islands for daytrips then go out to the local night market at night). Phuket Town is fairly local – you see much fewer tourists here. A lot of the guests were Thai people.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
melbourne
Reviewed 15 January 2011

only for over night stays! there's no lift so u have to carry ur own luggage up, the pool is really just for looks not really to swim in. the walls r paper thin, we got woken at 7am because that's what time people decided to start construction work next to our window!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 17 September 2010

the hotel is quite far from the center of Phuket Town. There is a small pool, but it is not attractive, in the vicinity was full of mosquitoes. Service friendly and competent. Air conditioning in the room during my stay was damaged, but once I got a different room. Breakfast in the price of the hotel are two of toast with eggs and coffee - very little for an adult man - Service said little English. The Internet is free and works in hotel rooms. Hotel visit the person looking for love, a lot of shops close by Thai massage. The room is well equipped with satellite TV. In the vicinity of the hotel can be cheap to eat in local restaurants

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This hotel was cheap but you got what you paid for. Pool was pretty nice and you can walk to a popular shopping area. Very uncomfortable bed, and staff were on the rude side. Restaurant was ok at best.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple