“Almost perfect”

Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Phuket Town
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Excellent resort with a very helpful and friendly staff. If you want to go to Phuket, but want to avoid the hard partying crowd, this is absolutely the best. Located on the Southwest side of the Island just past Phuket Town, it is on the water. Very romantic. But, there are some problems. They will nickel and dime you to death with prices. Not too many freebees here. You are a bit isolated, so be prepared for longer trips to the hot spots. The electricity cuts off when you pull the room key, so if you are out of your room for a while, it will be very hot on arrival. The air conditioning won't go below 23.5c/74.3F, so it takes a long time to cool down to just shy of comfortable. But, beyond that, I recommend this place.

Room Tip: Don't fall for the expensive room with a little private pool. Its like a cold jacuzzi.
2 Thank Dallas M
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Dallas M,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay.

It is always nice to hear feedback from our guests. I hope you had a relaxing holiday staying with us. Normally in a hot climate, the air-conditioning takes only a few minutes to cool down the room.

Thank you for recommending our resort and I look forward to your return trip to Westin Siray Bay soon.

Janet McNab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I wanted to get a relaxing getaway and are glad we chose this hotel. The staff were friendly, the service impeccable, the restaurants great quality (especially EEST), the day spa was awesome, and the tour desk extremely helpful etc. Beach front not really a feature of this hotel but the pools make up for it. Located in the quieter part of Phuket something that suited us well. We definitely recommend this place for anyone heading to Phuket!

Room Tip: Villa with plunge pool a nice touch
Dear Mani P,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for your kind words on restaurants, our associates, Heavenly Spa and the pool.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Siray Bay again soon.

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I loved staying in this hotel. The rooms are wonderful, big comfortable beds and pillows, excellent linen, great views of the bay. I enjoyed long baths in the tub while watching tv, very relaxing after a day working. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've ever experienced, so varied and of great quality. Good pools although not really a beach to swim in, which is disappointing. I was in a work trip and some of my colleagues said that their rooms had a very unpleasant smell (from the bay), but I didn't feel it in my room. Long walks to the main areas of the hotel, but you could always call for a ride in golf carts. Far from town but the hotel staff was always helpful, setting up transport for us. I got a great massage at the spa, of course it is expensive in a hotel and compared to the prices in Thailand, but I enjoyed it a lot. The hotel staff couldn't be more attentive and nice.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear MPCSMPCS,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us.

I am so happy to know that your stay at the Westin Siray Bay was comfortable. Your comments on breakfast are much appreciated by our kitchen team.

MPCSMPCS, thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you to Phuket in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We came to the Westin Phuket on our Thailand Round Trip and really enjoyed the 3 nights we stayed there. The rooms are very nice with a stunning view, the staff very always very friendly and the Food Quality really good. We loved the Japanese food there. The area around the Hotel is very quit so perfect for relaxing stay after long trips and a lot of sightseeing the Days before.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Pe J,

It was a pleasure having you at the Westin Siray Bay. I’m happy to know that you enjoyed your 3-night stay with us.

Thank you for your encouraging comments on the room, food and our associates. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Pune
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We got a disappointment from westin this time.this hotel is not good for family fun rather is a little for a buissiness trip.this is because there r less kids activities.morever this hotel is situated on a bay which is situated near a port hence the waters of this bay are not clean ,they are total black.westin says that it has a private beach on siray bay,but there is a very little beach filled with rocks and corals,the beach is not meant for swimming.the service is a little slow.the rooms are good but something are missing in them.the foods we get in this hotels are mostly for Asians (excluding Indians) .we indians and Europeans get less food here.morever the buffet breakfast has the same menu everyday .dont book this hotel for more than 2 nights because there is nothing to do in phuket instead go on phi phi island which is situated near phuket.this hotel is situated very far from phuket town so it's not a good choice.

Room Tip: Don't choose sea view rooms because they r not exactly sea view and the sea is not clean.this ho...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 707Dodoui
Dear 707Dodoui,

Thank you for your review.

Overall, I am disappointed that you marked us lowly based on the location. We do provide a number of recreational activities as well as a variety of kids’ activities at our Westin Kids Club. Moreover, our main pool also consists of kids pools where many of our guests with young children enjoy most of their time.

I am sorry that it did not meet your expectation. However, I thank you for your feedback and wish you all the best.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed in Westin siray bay resort for 4D3N mainly for recharging. We booked one bed room inspire pool villa during our stay in this hotel. The staffs are generally friendly and helpful, the design of the hotel is unique and the food is great, however sad to say that that's all for it. The staff addressed my husband few times with my surname, sounds funny to me, but really pissing my husband off. The room is really lack of maintenance, the rain shower is not working properly, the pool tiles are peeling off, the bamboo bush is growing too much and starting to block the sea view, and what's more than we saw a green snake lying beside the pool... Real Scary experience we had. Good side of the room is it is really spacious with a living area, dry kitchenette, a big bath tub and a separate closet. The bed is nice and comfortable which indeed a heavenly experience. Our package includes massage for couple, I chose aroma massage and my husband chose heavenly Thai massage, and the experience were wonderful and happily we booked for a second time massage and this time, we chose a more expensive and longer one .. Heavenly Massage, but it turned out rather disappointing... The Plus point for the heavenly spa centre is the design of the reception centre, uniquely done. There are 3 pools in the hotel, all are rather small in size, but the design is great. The hotel is on another island, which is quite some distance from phuket main island. Great for relaxation but it is quite isolated. The beach is short and the sea is not clear enough. Overall, we are quite disappointed with this trip, and we would not visit again..

2 Thank NicoleLK
Dear NicoleLK,

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay.

We are currently undertaking enhancements and maintenance work that will bring the resort back to life, and enrich your future stays with us. Some of these areas include replacing the pool tiles.

Thank you for your comments on the spa. I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with the second treatment. We will work hard with our team to ensure we consistently provide our guests with a level of experience that is expected when staying at the Westin.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to restore your faith in the Westin Siray Bay.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Our 2nd hotel of our vacation. Situated on a mountain hill is a luxury resort hotel where my family stayed at the deluxe sea view pool access. The view of the sea was fantastic especially with the private pool. However the pool isnt adequate for swimming, just good enough for dipping and enjoying the view that is also joined to the next room which you have to share. Luckily for us they gave my parents the next room. The pool facility is made up by the hotel's main pool which is excellent with the kids pool; about 3 that is joined to the main. The pool features a bar which is where I enjoyed most of my time. The view from the pool is stunning, the sea view and the hotel view.
Outside, going to the lobby or its other facilities requires you to take a walk on a well laid path of numerous trees, plants, bushes. We were able to see monkeys too. If walking is tiring all the time you can also call the porter to your room where they'll come in a golf cart.
The kids club is an excellent facility where there are 2 nannies available. You can leave your kid (from toddler up) at their care and enjoy some aline time, or you can play with your kid as well, no time limits. We found the staff very friendly.
The breakfast is one of the fantastic feature of the hotel. There are tons of food and the food is good. You have so much choice, predominantly western and Asian but including Indian as well. There is a lot the  choose from that it makes it difficult to choose which. I literally stuffed my face during our stay that I had to skip lunch.
The level of service was professional and the spa treatment according to my wife was top notch. We had a problem with the lights in our room and when we called the technicians were prompt, and after they left we got a call from the lobby to make sure that the problem was fixed and that we were satisfied.
I would highly recommend this hotel and if I were to return to Phuket I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Chorok W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found the views from our resort stunning and enjoyed our breakfast.

Thank you for your positive comments on our Heavenly Spa by Westin. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed everything from the room, the views to the service from our associates and we look forward to welcoming you back to Phuket again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phuket Town
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong

Been to The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!