“Amazing staff and location”

The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Phuket Town
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Firstly this is a huge hotel but don't let that put you off. Everywhere there are golf carts that will take you anywhere you want and if you set off to walk you can be sure a smiling face will catch you up and give you a lift. The best thing here is the staff. Unfailingly polite, smiling and willing to help in any way. They actually look as if they enjoy their jobs.
Breakfast vast - a huge choice all served in an inside or outside venue with views of the bay.
Other restaurants excellent quality especially enjoyed Prego the beach side Italian.
Rooms - excellent. I had pool access. I recommend asking foe "end" room. That way you get a little more space outside and do not have to "share" a patio. Yes there are a few glitches with the rooms but nothing that would spoil enjoyment. I see that one guest complained about scratches on the bedside cabinet. A little unfair when the rooms have everything you need and more. Even charging station for mobiles etc with UK plugs.. A little mean with the tea bags - two per day of English breakfast but if you ask more are supplied readily.. The only real moan I would have with rooms is the towels and robes. They need replacing. Very tired. Otherwise excellent. Good to have open bathroom for the view and even better to have privacy blind when needed. Not everyone likes to bathe /use the WC in front of their partner. I should say that the bathroom is fully enclosed - just a window onto the rest of the room. Beach - not the best feature but I think they know that and make up for it with the pools which are all excellent. Would I come again - yes would I recommend - yes. Value for money exceptional. Tours quite pricey but good - I did Phi Phi and Phang Nga . 3,300 baht each for one person but wouldn't have missed them - especially the caves. All in all excellent and am on my last day here typing this. I would definitely return. Oh - nearly forgot about the bed. Best nights sleep ever in a hotel. Fabulously comfortable and huge!

Room Tip: If you have pool access ask for end room. Otherwise ask for Sala pool villa if available. They were...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Judith B
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Judith B,

Thank you for your fantastic review and the details you have shared with other travellers here.

It is wonderful to know that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your positive feedback on our restaurants, rooms, our signature Heavenly Bed and service from our associates.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back on your return trip to Phuket in the near future.

Janet McNab

Write a ReviewReviews (2,097)

998 - 1,004 of 2,097 reviews

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My girlfriend and I just returned from an incredible stay at the Westin Siray Bay. The property is approximately 10-15 minutes away from Phuket Town but worlds away from everything at the same time. The moment you drive through the gates, you are transported to a place of charm, uniqueness and absolute beauty.

Arrival and check-in was flawless, handled by Jackie and his assistant. We were treated to a welcome beverage and a cool towel, both very welcomed after the drive from the airport. We were taken to our beautiful room by bellman, who also assisted us with our luggage and gave a complete intro/tour of our room, especially making special mention of the sunset view that we would have from our private balcony. Thanks for the heads up...we never missed a sunset during our stay!!

The rooms are spacious with a separate shower and tub. The tub has a window that looks into the bedroom but has a privacy blind, if so inclined.

The buffet breakfast is excellent! There was daily variety and therefore never became boring. The fresh bread and smoothies cannot be missed!

There are three pools and the beach area. We mainly used the Horizon pool (closest to lobby area) and thoroughly enjoyed our drinks at the Pool Bar and food service handled by Prego (Italian restaurant of the hotel). We also had snacks and coffees from Daily Treats, located next to the pool.

For exercise buffs, the walk around the property is great, as is the gym with its beautiful views and first-class equipment. Although there is not a stationed attendant, staff would come by every 10-15 minutes to ensure that everything was clean/wiped down, towels and cold water replenished.

We took an island tour with a private driver and we were very relieved to come back "home" after visiting other properties/beaches. Although some had incredible beaches with multi-hues of blue/green, they also had HOARDS of beachgoers. If you like having persons rubbing elbows with you on the beach, be my guest. The Westin had occupancy in excess of 80% during our stay but you could not tell...it was very peaceful and relaxing!

Highly recommended for a great stay in Phuket!!

1  Thank RafaATL

Dear RafaATL,

Thank you so much for sharing your stay experience with other travellers.

Your rewarding comments will certainly be passed to our team. Thank you for recommending our resort and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Excellent resort with a very helpful and friendly staff. If you want to go to Phuket, but want to avoid the hard partying crowd, this is absolutely the best. Located on the Southwest side of the Island just past Phuket Town, it is on the water. Very romantic. But, there are some problems. They will nickel and dime you to death with prices. Not too many freebees here. You are a bit isolated, so be prepared for longer trips to the hot spots. The electricity cuts off when you pull the room key, so if you are out of your room for a while, it will be very hot on arrival. The air conditioning won't go below 23.5c/74.3F, so it takes a long time to cool down to just shy of comfortable. But, beyond that, I recommend this place.

Room Tip: Don't fall for the expensive room with a little private pool. Its like a cold jacuzzi.
2  Thank Dallas M

Dear Dallas M,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay.

It is always nice to hear feedback from our guests. I hope you had a relaxing holiday staying with us. Normally in a hot climate, the air-conditioning takes only a few minutes to cool down the room.

Thank you for recommending our resort and I look forward to your return trip to Westin Siray Bay soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I wanted to get a relaxing getaway and are glad we chose this hotel. The staff were friendly, the service impeccable, the restaurants great quality (especially EEST), the day spa was awesome, and the tour desk extremely helpful etc. Beach front not really a feature of this hotel but the pools make up for it. Located in the quieter part of Phuket something that suited us well. We definitely recommend this place for anyone heading to Phuket!

Room Tip: Villa with plunge pool a nice touch

Dear Mani P,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for your kind words on restaurants, our associates, Heavenly Spa and the pool.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Siray Bay again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I loved staying in this hotel. The rooms are wonderful, big comfortable beds and pillows, excellent linen, great views of the bay. I enjoyed long baths in the tub while watching tv, very relaxing after a day working. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've ever experienced, so varied and of great quality. Good pools although not really a beach to swim in, which is disappointing. I was in a work trip and some of my colleagues said that their rooms had a very unpleasant smell (from the bay), but I didn't feel it in my room. Long walks to the main areas of the hotel, but you could always call for a ride in golf carts. Far from town but the hotel staff was always helpful, setting up transport for us. I got a great massage at the spa, of course it is expensive in a hotel and compared to the prices in Thailand, but I enjoyed it a lot. The hotel staff couldn't be more attentive and nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear MPCSMPCS,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us.

I am so happy to know that your stay at the Westin Siray Bay was comfortable. Your comments on breakfast are much appreciated by our kitchen team.

MPCSMPCS, thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you to Phuket in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We came to the Westin Phuket on our Thailand Round Trip and really enjoyed the 3 nights we stayed there. The rooms are very nice with a stunning view, the staff very always very friendly and the Food Quality really good. We loved the Japanese food there. The area around the Hotel is very quit so perfect for relaxing stay after long trips and a lot of sightseeing the Days before.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Pe J,

It was a pleasure having you at the Westin Siray Bay. I’m happy to know that you enjoyed your 3-night stay with us.

Thank you for your encouraging comments on the room, food and our associates. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We got a disappointment from westin this time.this hotel is not good for family fun rather is a little for a buissiness trip.this is because there r less kids activities.morever this hotel is situated on a bay which is situated near a port hence the waters of this bay are not clean ,they are total black.westin says that it has a private beach on siray bay,but there is a very little beach filled with rocks and corals,the beach is not meant for swimming.the service is a little slow.the rooms are good but something are missing in them.the foods we get in this hotels are mostly for Asians (excluding Indians) .we indians and Europeans get less food here.morever the buffet breakfast has the same menu everyday .dont book this hotel for more than 2 nights because there is nothing to do in phuket instead go on phi phi island which is situated near phuket.this hotel is situated very far from phuket town so it's not a good choice.

Room Tip: Don't choose sea view rooms because they r not exactly sea view and the sea is not clean.this ho...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 707Dodoui

Dear 707Dodoui,

Thank you for your review.

Overall, I am disappointed that you marked us lowly based on the location. We do provide a number of recreational activities as well as a variety of kids’ activities at our Westin Kids Club. Moreover, our main pool also consists of kids pools where many of our guests with young children enjoy most of their time.

I am sorry that it did not meet your expectation. However, I thank you for your feedback and wish you all the best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phuket Town
#1 of 2 in Pa Khlok
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong

Been to The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!