“Serenity!!”

Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Phuket Town
india
“Serenity!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at the Siray bay for 3 nights along with my parent’s brother and sister. The resort structural designs are out of this world. The whole experience completely exceeded my expectations. The decor of the villas was really lovely and the service from the staff was exceptional. The Staff at this resort were friendly and caring, and the concierge at check in was also amazing. I would recommend this property to anyone. The rooms are decent with all the comforts. This resort is lavish and has an amazing view. The resort is beautiful!! It consists of many villas. Rooms are spacious and nicely furnished with a balcony or private pool. The pool is amazing with even better view. There is a private beach but not that impressive. The infinity pool is beautiful. The wifi mainly works only in the lobby area. Our view was facing the sea which a breathe taking. Phuket city is a 25 minute we had rented a car for travel around Phuket. The resort is, close to the pier from where you take the boat to Phi Phi Island. Food in the hotel is very scrumptious, breakfast are very nice too with a wide choice of fresh products as well; very rich breakfast.
Over all 5 on 5 experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear violaglad,

Thank you for sharing your amazing stay experience. I am delighted that you and your family had a great time at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed everything from the room, breakfast, pools to services from our team. My team and I are proud to have made your stay memorable. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again in the near future.

Janet McNab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Canberra
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Spent six nights with friends and had a lot of fun at westin. Great pools, gym facilities, well appointed rooms, fine restaurants. Sloped site means that all rooms have views over the water and sunsets, but west aspect means that it is hot in late afternoon. Breakfast choices were excellent, but very busy. Westin has well organized golf buggy transport to overcome the sloped terrain. We decided to get fit and use the stairs, though. Resort aesthetically pleasing to the eye and a lot of thought given to the layout and details. Staff always warm and friendly and helpful. On the downside, you are a bit far from any non-resort action, and a taxi is required..though this is efficiently organized, and not overly expensive. Westin is not cheap but it is elegant and comfortable

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear tony62665,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket.
My team and I are happy knowing that everything from our room and facilities to our food and service made your stay comfortable and pleasurable.

Thank you again for sharing your stay experience. I look forward to welcoming you again when you next return to Phuket.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed in the Westin due to the location we wanted to be a little out of the way from the hot tourist spots of Patong.
After arriving at the airport we rented a car from Avis with no hassle, the drive to the Westin Resort was very pleasant and do highly recommend any visitor to hire a car.

Pulling up to the hotel we was greeted by the concierge who took our luggage and car keys with free valet parking (great). The check in was very quick just a few minutes and we was handed our keys.
The room was a large enough for two adults and two small kids but to be honest who stays in their rooms in a resort like this?

The resort was very nicely laid out with three easy accessible swimming pools and golf carts at hand to take you anywhere in the resort, but be aware that during some busy period the wait is rather long and is better to walk.
The staff are very polite and family friendly with a warm welcomes everywhere you go, the tour desk at reception is informative but they do also tend to over sell but we do expect that anyways.

The location is far and to get here you do travel down some dark dusty roads, there is a street full of shops that is around 5 mins drive with 711 and Tesco and local restaurants where you can anything from fruits, snacks and clothes.
I would fully recommend this resort to families looking for a relaxing quite location, the only down side is the beach which is quite but the water is not clear but nice for the kids.
I would like to give thanks to Maila, ( I hope I got your name right) at the golf cart transfers she was very nice and always smiled with big hugs and kisses to my 2 youngest.

Would definitely come back, and get a room with a pool.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea, but choose a room with a step in pool from your porch. nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear WontonSoup,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket as your holiday destination for your family. I am delighted that your stay was relaxing and enjoyable.

It is great to know that you enjoyed everything from the room to service from our team and I will certainly pass on your comments to Maila who will be proud to have made your stay pleasurable.

Thank you again for recommending us and I look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed there for 5 days. Got a beautiful room with a private pool. Very lovely. Gorgeous suite and magnificient view. We did enjoy also the EEST Asian restaurant; very delicious food and good service at very competitive rates. Check-in, check-out and airport transfer all just perfect. Room service and engineering given we had an issue with electricity was very speedy and professional. The big downside is housekeeping; you sometimes ask for items to be delivered several times over a time span more than one day and you still only get excuses why it is not possible. Also, breakfast is not really resort like; crowded and a bit dusty with limited choice and not always good quality. Then again, we adressed all of that with the Westin Experience manager and his reaction, together with his managemen team, was most appropriate. We might consider going back in a few year's time when their training and enhancement program is finished.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RHW1974
Dear RHW1974,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket and sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your positive comments on our room and am glad that you enjoyed it. Your great feedback about our EEST restaurant and front office was greatly appreciated by the team. However, on the issue of requesting for an item, again I apologize for the communications. This will be the area we focus on during our training.

I thank you for providing valuable feedback that will assist us in improving our services. I do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We really enjoyed our 6 nights in a pool access room.
Great view, facilities, food … and STAFF.
We travel in Thailand at least 1 time per year since 2005 & it's a long time we didn't meet a so nice staff. Efficient, kind & smily (getting rare !).
Not the best water&beach of Phuket but pools are great.
Surroundings around the resort are … soso

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank michael i
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel itself is located in a quiet and spectacular area. All rooms have a sea view. It is elegant and tranquil with large sized rooms. My introduction to the hotel was poor because the driver was late, barely spoke English and I had to find him; however, throughout the rest of our stay (I was there with my two, young adult children), the rest of the staff was great. Joe and Benz at breakfast, each morning greeted me with smile and quickly saw to it that all was perfect and this was with daily, breakfast buffet service. Mona at the travel agency scheduled wonderful trips for us. Noi was the best massage therapist, anywhere! Ms. Wan effectively dealt with any glitches. Thank you.

Room Tip: Service was excellent with the exception of the airport pick up. The cost was high for Thailand but...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BrenNewYork
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear BrenNewYork,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay.

It is fantastic to know that your stay was wonderful and that you enjoyed services from our team. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team. I am sorry about the airport transfer issue you encountered. I will personally discuss with our team for possible areas to improve.

Thank you for your great feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

On our Honeymoon and Our first time in Thailand this hotel set the bar pretty high, the check in was seamless and some staff understand English well so if you have a complicated question, find someone that speak English to avoid misunderstandings. The room was fantastic and room service very good.
They made up the bed with towel swans and rose petals.
I suggest not to upgrade the room before you see the difference. We were offered a room with a small lounge at 2000 baht extra a day. Hardly worth it. Most of our time was spent outside anyway.
The facilities and service is great as there are around 400 staff members which means that you will be well taken care of.

there is lots to do around the hotel but at a price. The spa charges 3700baht for a massage, the same massage in Patong will cost you 500 baht.
Some negatives: the private beach is only available at certain times as the tides pull back 30 meters only leaving sharp coral and stones, the water is murky and you can't see more than 50cm. The Canoo together was fun though!
Would not recommend the Eest Thai restaurant below the main one as the service was bad and totally overpriced. Was told that my meal for 450baht was enough for man - when the food arrived, there was only 3 deep fried prawns.... Very disappointing
The other negative is that Siray bay(just like all other around the island) is controlled by regional taxi owners that won't let anyone else from other regions offer services here. They dictate the price of 700baht to patong and there is no negotiations! Best is to share a cab or catch a ride to Phuket town and barter from here as there are more taxis and variety to choose from.

All in all we had a very pleasant stay at the westin and will recommend it for a quiet break away from other busy places in Phuket.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carel H
Dear Carel H,

Thank you for the time to provide a review. It is fantastic to hear that you chose to celebrate your honeymoon in Thailand and stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed the room and the arrangement we provided our honeymooner guests. It is lovely to know that you felt well looked after and had a pleasant stay. I have also noted your feedback regarding the services at our EEST restaurant. I have shared this with our restaurant team who will be making improvement for our future guests. I will also review our prices to ensure we offer competitive prices to other similar hotels in the area.

Thank you for recommending The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket for a romantic getaway. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phuket Town
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong

Been to The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!