“Wow...again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Phuket Town
Seoul, South Korea
“Wow...again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I usually review a place after my stay but I have to write something about thia place. Its awesome...my family of 10 drove up from Krabi after 4 nights and this place exceeded my expectations. This is a place where those professional pictures are even better when you're here looking at it for yourself.
Their 24 hr cart service is quick and nice to have so you wont have to walk up hills.
Phuket town is nearby and lively. Their shuttle service is frequent and changes destinations every other day. I shall update after I check out but let me tell you. ..this place is nice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul K
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Paul K,

Thank you for your refreshing comments. It is lovely to hear how much you enjoyed your experience at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket already.

Thank you very much for your note and I hope that you are enjoying the rest of your holidays in Phuket. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Janet McNab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed three nights at the Westin Siray Bay in Phuket from April 26 to 29. We had a reasonably good time there two years back and thought we'd visit again to relive those lazy afternoons spent swimming and playing table tennis.

The hotel is located in a remote and elevated part of Phuket, offering respite to those tired of the madding Patong crowd. However, it means a long drive to and from the airport and many interesting places on the island. Westin does have a minibus bringing guests to Phuket Town and the Festival Shopping Mall on alternate days at a price of THB100 one way. Do check out the Sunday market at the Old Phuket Town.

Our room was very spacious, with a balcony looking out into the sea. The bathroom had a bath tub and separate shower stall. A small family with kids would be comfortable staying in one unit.

The hotel serves a pretty ok breakfast, with a good variety of hot dishes, fruits and cold cuts. But unfortunately, houseflies are a huge problem. Beware.

We were also disappointed to find the table tennis area converted into a souvenir shop, but I suppose some guests wouldn't mind that.

Our second stay at the Westin Siray Bay hasn't been as memorable as the first although the sea view from our room was very nice. The property is also beginning to show signs of age. Most importantly, flies at the dining area are not only a major irritation but also a health hazard. We most likely won't risk coming back unless something is done about that.

Room Tip: Rooms at the highest part of the hotel offer good sea view but a tiring walk to and from the hotel l...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dave W
Dear Dave W,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket on your second visit and sharing your feedback with us.

I truly appreciate your comments as it allows us to review and make improvements for our guests in the future. On your feedback about the flies, we have taken extra precautions to remedy the current situation by carrying out further fogging and misting around the restaurants and surrounding areas.

I hope you and your family enjoyed the rest of your stay in Phuket and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Nestled on a cliff, this Westin offers a lovely relaxing escape. I stayed here while traveling through APAC on business, and wanted a weekend to recharge and relax. I stayed in the 2400 block rooms and had a lovely little plunge pool with an amazing view of the ocean. Not all rooms have a plunge pool, so if you want make sure you ask. As a SPA member there were several discounts they offered, including 20% off spa treatments. I got the dream package, and for the price it was just what I needed. Not the best facial, but the massage was fantastic. The spa facilities were great, and the service was 5 star. My only complaint was that my room wasn't cleaned during the day, although I was gone from 7-4. I was told they were at capacity so that could have been the reason. On that note, although they were at capacity it didn't feel like it with 3 pools and a lovely beach.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Finnylynne
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Finnylynne,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased that you had a relaxing stay at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket.

Thank you for your recommendation on the room with plunge pool. I am glad that you enjoyed it as well as the spa treatments from our Heavenly Spa by Westin. I have noted your comments on the daily cleaning of the room and discussed this with our team to review our manning schedule especially on the high occupancy period to ensure every guest is well looked after.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Damascus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

From the moment we arrived we knew it would be amazing, the very welcoming staff the great design
Everything about this resort is perfect.
They have thought of everything, the views from the rooms are out of this world.
It is good for a romantic trip or a family trip, many pools to choose from.
Rooms are large, breakfast was really good.
Staff are so helpful and welcoming.
Will definitely come back to this hotel as soon as i get the chance.
we had a very good time, thank you all Westin staff and management
if i want to be very picky, the air con need tuning as we were either cold or too hot.

We miss you already

Room Tip: Ask for rooms close to the pools, or even pay a little extra and get private pool
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SamiMaamoun
Dear SamiMaamoun,

Thank you for providing a review on The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us.

Thank you for highlighting the services that you particularly enjoyed such as the room, the pools and services from our associates. It is always rewarding for our team to know that our guests felt comfortable and well looked after.

I appreciate your refreshing comments and hope to welcome you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The room is big, cozy and really comfortable to stay in. The hotel is kind of big and you really need a buggy to move from the lobby to your room. Hotel breakfast is excellent, wide range of foods, nice ambience and great services from the staff. For people who want a peaceful environment, great services this will surely be a great choice to look at.

Room Tip: Rooms with private swimming space is unnecessary
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SSOH72,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket.

It is lovely to read your encouraging comments on the room, breakfast buffet and our team. I’m glad that you were able to relax and enjoyed your holiday here with us.

It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guest and I hope to see you again soon.

Berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

perfect getaway for relaxing and recovering in a awesome atmosphere. The Staff is highly motivated and to die for:-) Food is great and fits everybodys expectations. Rooms are spacious and well equiped. our preferred location in the phuket area. all thumbs up, thank you Westin Siray Bay:-):-):-)keep it up;-)

Room Tip: just ask gorgeous Alex Lopez, he makes everything possible even it is not possible!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Whoody13,

Thank you for your great feedback about your stay with us. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to share it with other travelers.

Thank you for the wonderful comments on the food, our team, the room as well as our location. I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a big hotel in a private bay about 10 klm east of Phuket Town which is isolated. I liked the quiet location but it won't suit those after nightlife.
The rooms and bathrooms are very large and well appointed. Some wooden features like shelves and cupboards are showing signs of wear and this hotel seems to be suffering from concrete spalling.
It is on a steep hill and I watched people constantly waiting for a golf cart to ferry them to their rooms. Too lazy to walk up a slope. I'm happy for the exercise.
The pools are not so great as they are splash pools and not suitable for lap swimming.
Food was okay but expensive for Thailand and servings at Eest were very small, eg. Three prawns in a main course only.
Staff were friendly and most spoke good English.
Would be happy to go back but it's a retreat style resort and little of interest in the region. phuket town not much to see and we hired a car to get around.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MarkGD,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I hope that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay.

I have noted your comments on the room. Rest assured that our engineering team is working on the detailing the furniture in our rooms to improve its look and feel.

It is always our pleasure to welcome you as our guest and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phuket Town
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,036 reviews

Been to The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!