“Good hotel”

Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Phuket Town
Melbourne, Australia
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here and it was really good. Great customer service, very clean rooms. Only thing we didn't like (because we didn't know before hand) was the location in phuket town. We moved to patong instead because it was closer to everything we wanted to see. And the taxi journey back and forth would've been eating up all our time and money (500-700) for the taxi/tuktuk and about an hour in traffic drive between patong and phuket town.

Otherwise great place, just didn't like the area it was in

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I liked this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful when it came to arranging tours and boat tickets to Phi Phi and the rooms were immaculately cleaned each day.

Our room faced the road and the market which kept my boyfriend from sleeping very well from around 4am. We did ask for a quiet room but the problem is that there is only one room facing the back of the hotel on each floor. I was really tired on the first night and managed to sleep through the noise somehow but it did wake me up on the second night.

To make up for it, our room was huge, had a flat screen tv with English channels, fridge with mini bar, free water bottles, massive comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, a balcony (although it just overlooked a busy road), air con, powerful shower and fabulous Internet (I think there might be a separate wi fi router for each or every couple of rooms).

Location is great, right in the centre of town and a few minutes walk away from some good restaurants.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eatydrinky
Vradal, Norway
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed there on three different occasions in January and February and my experiences were very mixed. I booked two nights via Booking.com and when we arrived we were given a room on the 5th floor facing the market. There is no elevator, so with a 20 kg suitcase it's quite a "struggle" getting there. The room itself is nice and clean, but the beds are a bit on the firm side for me, but it seems like they are like that inn all of Thailand. Since there is a market just across the alley there was noise through the whole night. I usually have no problems sleeping through it, but I would advise light sleepers to get the more expensive rooms in the back or bring ear plugs.

With our first two nights taken care of, it was time to move on and we deciced to book the hotel for another two nights on two different dates. We were asked to pay in advance for the first night because of Chinese new year, which we did. We came back on the set date and spent only a few hours there before we had to leave for the airport in the middle of the night. Before we left we asked for confirmation of our last booking twice and instead of giving us something in writing, the receptionist showed me my name in the booking ledger. The problems started when we came back and found that our booking had been erased/forgotten and there were no rooms avaialable in our category. We had to go for a room that was more expensive and then I asked to keep it until 2 pm the next day as I was catching a late flight. The next day I came down just before noon to confirm that I could keep the room until 2 pm, but then I was told that was impossible unless I paid for a whole new night, which was not going to happen. I was offered no apology for their mix up and they tried blaming it on us, even though we had tried to confirm our booking twice (and even seen my name in the booking ledger). So all in all I would suggest that if you're booking here, book via Booking.com or another hotel website as they lack English skills to take care of booking in person.
If I were to stay here again, I would go for a back facing room and I would book via Booking.com.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The staff at chinotel were frindly and welcoming. They were Helpful with local places to eat and with the rental of a motorbike. Our room was very well presented, clean and tidy. A fantastic place to stay when in Phuket town

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I wrote a very positive review about this hotel about two years ago, and on account of my own good memories, I decided to book a room there again as I was going back to Phuket. But I’m afraid I have to temper my enthusiasm this time. The place is still very clean and well equipped, the staff friendly, but the building is also still next to a market. Which, early bird if ever there was one, gets things started at around 4am. Announcements through megaphones were heard. Trucks were parked, goods were unloaded. Grating shutters were opened. I can’t say if I had turned a deaf ear to all that on my previous visit, or if things have gone bad recently, but my slumber was not of the restorative kind. That being said, my (standard) room was (obviously) on the wrong side of the building, and the other side is likely to be quieter…

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tommy H
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We arrived from the airport very late as our flight had been delayed and there was someone on reception to check us in quickly and efficiently. We didn't have enough cash for the security deposit needed (500BHT) but this wasn't a problem for them and we stayed without leaving it. Our room was very clean and modern and we could get the free wifi in our room too! Had a great nights sleep even though we overlooked the main road and even the next morning the noise from the market wasn't too unbearable (we did sleep with earplugs in though!) The location is great if you are getting the bus/transport for any of the beaches as they leave on the main road by the hotel. This place is definitely worth staying in if you are in Phuket town

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if at front or ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mibial
BC
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in Jan 2014, and the hotel itself is lovely. Very modern decor and very clean. Beds are medium to hard which is normal in Thailand. The staff was great and wifi mostly in the lobby not in rooms. Can rent a scooter there as well. Mini fridge with beer and water for minimal charge. A little difficult to find as it's entrance is down an alley but just tell transport it's on Ranong rd (it's short) by the market and they will know. Our room was the closest to the market. I hate to be negative because the hotel itself is very nice but if truth be told this hotel room was loud all night long. The market is a true local market that loads up all night long so you will hear trucks and roaring motorbikes all thought the night. Ask for a room at the back. It might be quieter. For the price we were pleasantly surprised at its quality in general. The staff was great and helpful and fairly good English. Always a smile. Arranged transport to Cape Panwa (GO HERE!!) and wrote the address in Thai for the driver as the Cape is a sleepy area and he wasn't 100% positive where it was but found it no problem and even waited until we successfully checked in at The Panwa Guesthouse (amazing). The location is very busy and hectic. Phuketique coffee shop on the corner was awesome and quiet and had a/c and free wifi.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple