Chinotel Phuket
Crystal Wild Resort Panwa Phuket(Wichit)(Great Value!)
US$63
Villa Zolitude Resort and Spa(Chalong)(Great Value!)
US$216
Palm Garden Resort Phuket(Chalong)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$143
The Signature Phuket Resort(Chalong)(Great Value!)
US$52
Sino House Phuket Hotel and Apartment(Phuket Town)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$34
Agoda.com
The Memory at On On Hotel(Phuket Town)(Great Value!)
US$44
  • Restaurant
US$50
US$41
Agoda.com
Baan Suwantawe(Phuket Town)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$34
Agoda.com
Ao Chalong Villa & Spa(Chalong)(Great Value!)
US$63
Agoda.com
All reviewsno liftold townphi phiflights of stairsshort stayfree waterrooms are smallclean bathroomstayed for nightsbus stationmain roadwould stay againpleasant staypatong beachmarketnoisebaht
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Chinotel isn't just beside the daily market, it's small entrance is in the narrow alley where the trucks and bikes drive up and down. The doors are open, it's humid and the smell is overwhelming. We were escorted to a room facing the alley, even though we did request one on the other side (there are very few -1 or 2 per floor that face the opposite side)which was very small - the bed filled the room, and the window / curtains could not be opened as the window's on this side face the parking structure ( as many stories as the hotel) and is only a few yards from the window - No privacy. The rooms are poorly lit. The A.C. did not work, we were escorted to another room one floor up with that was exactly the same - we offered to pay more -as the A.C. was not working in this room either and were taken to the second floor -room facing a roof top, balcony was approx. 1.5 Feet by 2 feet - unusable - the room a bit bigger but there was a smell. Noise - no kidding. People mention it but it should be seriously considered, we were on the opposite site and we heard workers talking as if they were in the hallway in the morning. The street out front is like many streets in Asia, over crowded, smells, the Market is not a market with food to eat or trinkets, but where local restaurants buy food to prepare (fish, meat smell dripping into the streets/alley) no sidewalks, cars and bikes cram the streets - no where nice to walk.
We stayed for three nights - Phuket Town is not worth staying in. We recommend going straight to a hotel near a beach.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Phuket Town, head straight to a hotel - we recommend avoiding Patong Beach as it's just as bad - or worse, under construction, dusty, busy, beach is packed with Tourists (loud) - we booked out of there after one day and two nights without a refund.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LS T
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here and it was really good. Great customer service, very clean rooms. Only thing we didn't like (because we didn't know before hand) was the location in phuket town. We moved to patong instead because it was closer to everything we wanted to see. And the taxi journey back and forth would've been eating up all our time and money (500-700) for the taxi/tuktuk and about an hour in traffic drive between patong and phuket town.

Otherwise great place, just didn't like the area it was in

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I liked this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful when it came to arranging tours and boat tickets to Phi Phi and the rooms were immaculately cleaned each day.

Our room faced the road and the market which kept my boyfriend from sleeping very well from around 4am. We did ask for a quiet room but the problem is that there is only one room facing the back of the hotel on each floor. I was really tired on the first night and managed to sleep through the noise somehow but it did wake me up on the second night.

To make up for it, our room was huge, had a flat screen tv with English channels, fridge with mini bar, free water bottles, massive comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, a balcony (although it just overlooked a busy road), air con, powerful shower and fabulous Internet (I think there might be a separate wi fi router for each or every couple of rooms).

Location is great, right in the centre of town and a few minutes walk away from some good restaurants.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eatydrinky
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed there on three different occasions in January and February and my experiences were very mixed. I booked two nights via Booking.com and when we arrived we were given a room on the 5th floor facing the market. There is no elevator, so with a 20 kg suitcase it's quite a "struggle" getting there. The room itself is nice and clean, but the beds are a bit on the firm side for me, but it seems like they are like that inn all of Thailand. Since there is a market just across the alley there was noise through the whole night. I usually have no problems sleeping through it, but I would advise light sleepers to get the more expensive rooms in the back or bring ear plugs.

With our first two nights taken care of, it was time to move on and we deciced to book the hotel for another two nights on two different dates. We were asked to pay in advance for the first night because of Chinese new year, which we did. We came back on the set date and spent only a few hours there before we had to leave for the airport in the middle of the night. Before we left we asked for confirmation of our last booking twice and instead of giving us something in writing, the receptionist showed me my name in the booking ledger. The problems started when we came back and found that our booking had been erased/forgotten and there were no rooms avaialable in our category. We had to go for a room that was more expensive and then I asked to keep it until 2 pm the next day as I was catching a late flight. The next day I came down just before noon to confirm that I could keep the room until 2 pm, but then I was told that was impossible unless I paid for a whole new night, which was not going to happen. I was offered no apology for their mix up and they tried blaming it on us, even though we had tried to confirm our booking twice (and even seen my name in the booking ledger). So all in all I would suggest that if you're booking here, book via Booking.com or another hotel website as they lack English skills to take care of booking in person.
If I were to stay here again, I would go for a back facing room and I would book via Booking.com.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The staff at chinotel were frindly and welcoming. They were Helpful with local places to eat and with the rental of a motorbike. Our room was very well presented, clean and tidy. A fantastic place to stay when in Phuket town

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends