“FISH ON!!”

Phuket Fishing Park
Ranked #44 of 112 things to do in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: AC's Phuket Fishing Park is the original and Number 1 place to go Freshwater lake fishing in Phuket, Thailand. We have big fish from Thailand and South America including Aligator Gar, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Asian Redtail Catfish, Giant Mekong Catfish, Giant Piranha Pacu, Striped Catfish, Indian Carp Rohu, Siamese Giant Carp, Spotted Featherback, Walking Catfish. Phuket Fishing Parks is a family friendly place and great for kids. It ultimately a fun day out. We have huts for shade and rest. There are staff to help you with bait and landing fish if you need. We can supply rods and fishing equipment. We can also bring you lunch. Most types of food are available. Phuket Fishing Park has a minivan driver that does a round of the hotels. Its possible to arrange this for a morning pickup. Please contact us for details see the Phuket Fishing Parks website.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 27 May 2014

What a fantastic afternoon spent fresh water fishing with my family. Chris managed to fit us in for a couple of hours of fishing in the afternoon. We were set up right outside the bar, which couldn't have been better, as we had plenty of shade and cold Chang on tap! After setting up two lines with bread bait balls, it was only 10mins before we caught our first catfish. With five of us, everyone got to have a turn at reeling in one of these biggies. We saw other anglers playing some large siamese carp and were just as excited as they were seeing them landed. After two hours using two lines a total of 7 fish were caught and released. This was a real highlight of our trip. Our 16 year old daughter even enjoyed it which was great to see as she usually opts out of fishing trips. Would we do it again? Definitely!!!

There are newer reviews for Phuket Fishing Park

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having lived in Phuket for over two years, I just made my first visit to the Fishing Park. What a fun day out! I was part of a group of eight friends and we caught 23 fish, I caught only one but it was the biggest catch of the day, a 34 pound Siamese Carp. The staff are very helpful and do virtually everything for you. The beers are expensive at THB 100 and the food is just OK but, all in all, it was a very pleasurable way to spend eight hours and I will go again. The lake is well kept and all the fish look healthy and go back into the lake after they are caught. I'd recommend it.

1  Thank SimonOH
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I took the wife and daughter, the wife didnt want to fish. I couldnt even drink my ice cold beer, i was so busy reeling in fish. The wife was able to sneak in 2 fish while i was visiting the toilet, (toilet was fine in my opinion, had soap, paper, and didnt stink) my daughter caught 4 with help, and i caught 6.

Easy to miss when driving, its across the street from Isuzu. near km marker 11 on 402

Reviewed 8 May 2014

me & my partner paid 5400 baht for 2 rods each ( 2 meat 2 bread)
We caught 7 striped catfish 5 Indian carp 6 pacu and lost more than 15 runs the pacu was biting through 40lb line but great fishing fish

We changed the 2 meat to bread as we was catching in the fish on bread

Well worth it

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Thanks to trip advisor or I wouldn't have found this diamond in the rough. After a couple of emails to the owner Chris all was booked and I waited for my scheduled pick up from my apartment in kamala. the taxi arrived about half 8 and we got to the lake just after 9.

after paying for my package which was a meat rod and bread rod we set off for my swim which was in the typical Thai bamboo cabana style . rods were baited up and casted out and I didn't even have chance to sit down as my rod took off like a rocket. first fish of the day being a decent size pacu.
I must of had over 2 dozen fish over the course of the day including an amazon red tail Indian carp, striped cat fish and two huge Mekong cats smashing my personal best weighing in at around 30 and 50 kgs............
the guides are well knowledge and advised me on where to put my bait.
one tip if you have the day package dinner is served promptly at 12 whether your at your table or not. as I was gas bagging to some other anglers I found mine a bit cold. but delicious
so all in all 50 quid for a days fishing in tranquill tropical surroundings with lunch
and a shed load of fish. this qplace is worth it .

1  Thank simmo116