“Monkey Show - distressing”
Review of ATV Phuket Tours

ATV Phuket Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$97.76*
and up
2-Hour ATV Tour from Phuket
Reviewed 18 June 2014

On our recent trip to Karon, my fiancé and I did an elephant trekking/monkey show/Big Buddha trip with this company. Everything except the monkey show was without any problem and as expected. However, the monkey show was another thing. There were two monkeys, one was "Johnny" and the other one unnamed. They both had steel rings around their necks, attached to a chain held closely and tightly by the "trainer". The monkeys performed their "tricks" but the second monkey had sheer fear in his eyes - almost pleading with us to get him out of there. At the conclusion of the performance, we left the hut and were waiting to go to Big Buddha when we heard screaming coming from the hut. We looked through a gap between the wall and the roof to see the "trainer" kicking the second and older monkey and the monkey was the one screaming. We were so distressed by this form of cruelty that we decided to do a review to stop people paying to see such a cruel act. Surely a better form of training could be carried out with a reward, rather than abuse! Whilst we are only two people who may have witnessed this behaviour, by writing a review we could prevent hundreds of people from attending performances of this type and continuing the abuse to the poor caged animals. DON'T GO THERE.

20  Thank RussFaye

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The 3 hour tour for Phang-Nga was totally worth the money. Lunch and drinks are provided. The guides are funny and they make sure that you get educated along the way so you're not just riding around for kicks.

2  Thank Batrik910
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Lucky Trip All Tour/L5
My husband and I had a fun filled day on the above mentioned tour. We visited the kata View Point (Awesome views), Pearl Factory(WOW), Cashew Nut Factory (where we purchased and sampled some yummy variety of delicious nuts, Honey Farm, Phuthai Market (Purchased some good value items), Chalong Temple (This was an amazing experience and we could have spent hours there, we witnessed a young man who was becoming a Monk), Big Buddha (Fantastic)and to put the cherry on top we did elephant trekking, saw a monkey show and a rather scary snake show. Our tour guide and his son were amazing people who spoke english and explained everything in great detail to us, even purchased us the most amazing fruit sticks for lunch. All of the above was fully inclusive for 1200 Baht per adult really amazing value with a free coffee thrown into the tour at our stop at a duty free shop. We can highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank clive n
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This based only on the atv part of the day. I made sure I booked for extra time on them cause I new it would be a but of fun. All up I had 1.5 hours. And 7km of white water rafting (which was enough)
The only down side is the 2.5 hour drive there and back to the place where they do these things. And lunch was a poor effort. Take some extra cash for there photos and for tipping the guides as they do a great job of looking after you.

2  Thank Bnicholls89
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I hear some reviews say the ATV,s are a bit slow,
The best tip is to go in a small group and go when it's raining or when there is plenty of mud.
I think 1 hour is sufficient I had a great time,
Also pack a towel to clean yourself down after the fun.

2  Thank Richard K