“Worth trying”
Review of A2 Resort

A2 Resort
Ranked #33 of 92 Hotels in Phuket Town
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed it. It is a 15-20 min drive to the main beaches on the island and probably 5 min drive from Phuket Town, so having your own transport is a must.

The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. I believe this place is quite popular with Thais and as a matter of fact it was recommended to us by our Thai friend in Phuket.

Breakfast was nice (the one morning we woke up for it) and the dining room was also very clean.
There is a 7-11 as you walk out you have to turn right and walk around 50 m. For more options you could go down the road with the 7-11 and at the bottom of the road there are 2 other supermarkets. There's also a huge Tesco Lotus towards Phuket Town but that's like a 20 min walk. We rented scooters for our whole stay in Phuket. I believe we paid around £6-7 per day per scooter.

There was a problem while we stayed there and I am sorry to mention this, but I feel that I really have to: every evening and early morning we saw a couple of rats running around on the edge of the swimming pool (and that made my skin crawl. The rats were chasing each other around the pool bar (where some of the fruits for the cocktails were left overnight) and one night there was a rat on our balcony (we had one of the rooms facing the swimming pool, 1st floor).
The first time I saw the rats I was so shocked I had to call Reception and almost cried at them. Needless to say, their reaction was even more shocking :) They've told me "housekeeping will take care" and hang up the phone on me.
There were no explanations, no apologies, nothing. Management really had no intention of sorting this out.
Nothing was done, obviously, so I had to stop using the swimming pool as a result as I was too disgusted and was sure at the tie the rats were throwing a pool party each night after everyone went to sleep. There were lots of families around with little kids in the pool all the day and felt sorry for them.
There was this Swedish/Norwegian couple and I have tried to let them know but they didn't speak English. I've tried a bit of sign language which didn't achieve anything really so I gave up comforted by the thought that "ignorance is bliss"

I really don't know how to rate this place, I'd give it a 4 (Very good) for price/quality but really torn about the rat incidents. Seeing that no one else has mentioned it I just hope this has been dealt with :/

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank live2see

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Comfortable quiet hotel with great pool access rooms. Found this a good choice for being close to hospital and the great dental clinic also in hospital building. As others have noted not much in immediate surrounds but good access to Phuket town.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilma S
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at the A2 for a night on route to other places in Phuket. It was a very pleasant surprise to have a great hotel with a fantastic pool on the heart of Phuket Town. We really enjoyed our time and it made shopping in town much easier. The hotel was well equipped and the service very good. The pool was a real hit for the kids (and adults) looking to escape the heat and just to have fun swimming around the canals. The staff were very helpful.

This is really a place for business trips but well worth considering for family if you need to be close to the Phuket Town.

Room Tip: Any room as it generally a great option if you need to be in Phuket Town
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

November I stayed in a pool access room at A2 Resort with my wife. The Hotel is popular with Thais as it is close to Phuket Town for business but it is worth considering for other travellers as it is great value. Food is excellent with a great breakfast buffet. Walk down the Soi next to the hotel and at the end you will find markets, seven 11, chemists and food stalls. Whilst it is not in a location close to most tourist areas this about the only downside. It's a new build hotel, nice pool, good clean rooms and nice helpful staff. I'd stay again for a few nights and get a more local Thai experience with the comfort of a modern resort hotel.

Room Tip: Pool access is great value.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This place is very nice, clean with connected pool. The medium room rate. Located on phuket by pass. A thing I suggest before select this hotel, you should have a car to go to the city. No service transfer all time. The restaurant is good taste.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at A2, If you like to walk, it is not easy from the hotel as it is on the main bypass which is very busy and difficult to cross with construction in the center of the four lanes. The rooms are very nice and comfortable, electric hot water pot, tub and shower. We stayed in the deluxe pool room. It was a step into the pool with the fountain on the corner. The breakfast was good but not elaborate. The patio was a nice size and private. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SearchingSearching
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A2 are located 5 min from City and 15 min drive to the most popular beaches on the island. Own transportation is a must because no public busses in this erea. Hotel have a car for pick up service at the airport, guess it is available for guests in other matters as well. I have been guest at the hotel 3 times in 2013. First in April, secound and third in July. Hotel is a two floor building, room in ground floor have direct acsess to the pool, secound floor room have accsess to the pool by a short staircase from balcony. All room have flatscreen TV with a good selection of channels. There are several pools, one with children erea, big whirlpool and a wet bar.This is a small hotell so dont expect Olympic cized pool. They have a Spa department open until late, visit to pool for a short swim follow by oil massage after a long day. Can not be much better than that. Restaurant offer a good breakfast buffet. Lunch and dinner are excellent, but the kitchen can be very slow, and some time short of ingredients. Staff in reseption are serviceminded and welcoming. In all a very nice place to stay. Not for the beachaholic and party animals but for a nice quiet stay alone ore with familiy who wish to have accsess to shopping in City.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are best in my opinion, easy access in and out of the house.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business