“Great pizza, good prices”
Review of La Romantica

La Romantica
Ranked #557 of 848 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Piccolo ristorante italiano in centro citta', aperto da moltissimi anni, almeno una quindicina. Semplice negli arredi, ma cucina ottima.
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stopped here after a strenuous and hot tour of the old town of Phuket and only later read, that La Romantica was featured and recommended in our travel guide. There it said, that the pizzas are great, prices quite good, there is some excellent and cheap house wine and that the place is rather plain. All is true - I just don´t know about the wine, as it was too early in the day to have one.
The pizza is probably the best, I had in Thailand and the prices were really low, especially compared to restaurants at the beaches.
Service was good, we had a nice chat with the Italian owner and our baby daughter got some special kids´ plate and fork.

2  Thank Marchlewski

Reviewed 13 January 2013

the food is good ,
bud the rest, must have a upgreate now it is old
spent some bht and the peaple in joy olso the food.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

OK I was the only customer at about 6.45 pm and the Italian owner was slumped in a chair watching TV. There were no other people but I did not get a greeting or even a smile out of him. The menu is typical of most Italian restaurants in Thailand - owned by ex-pat Italians - mostly pasta and pizza - and nothing that requires a real chef to cook it. I waited 20 minutes for my pizza to arrive during which time several other customers arrived and got the same bored un-smiling service as if we were all just a nuisance stopping him from watching his Italian TV show. The decor is just average but a little background music would have helped a lot to improve the atmosphere.

Despite all this - the pizza was excellent - one of the best I have ever eaten in Thailand - nice fresh tasting, crispy bread with plenty of topping and a real pleasure to eat and a good price at just 140 baht. I can definitely recommend the pizza - but if you are thinking about a romantic dinner for 2 - forget it - this restaurant does not live up to its name.