Due to last minute change to itinerary, my friend and I needed to stay three days in Phuket, and chose the Royal Phuket City Hotel because of it's locality and the fancy website.
It was apparent to us immediately that the staff (male and female) found two females travelling without a male chaperone to be highly offensive. The waitresses avoided eye contact with us in the cocktail lounge and walked around serving every male in room, leaving us having to approach the bar or call out to place a food or drink order - every day for three days. It seemed too much trouble for housekeeping to enter our room, we had to chase the trolley to get water and towels for our room that was never touched as far as we could tell.
We also had major issues over the billing for our room. We explained that our company would pay for our accomodation and breakfast. However, when the company called the hotel to settle the bill, they were told by the Hotel that he guests have paid and then the phone was quickly hung up by the Hotel staff. The staff at reception did however tell us that the company had called them and paid for the room. But when we went to check out of the room, we were told that we had to pay for the room. I advised that if we fax the bill to the company, it would be paid immediately. I paid cash for a fax to be sent. I called the company they said they recieved it and would make payment. We stood around looking at each other for a while waiting to recieve the payment confirmation fax at the hotel. Minutes ticked by as the stone faced manager witch at reception seethed behind the desk and started pressuring my travel companion to pay by creditcard. Meanwhile, the company had paid in full but was unable to contact the hotel. In fear of missing our plane, we also paid the bill by creditcard and were finally allowed to load our luggage which was being held as if hostage into our waiting transport. Not expensive to stay here, certainly not worth paying for it twice. The worst service we had experienced in our entire three week trip. Will never again go anywhere near this horrible place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Phuket city hotel. Luxurious 4 stars Hotel in Phuket Town many facility Fitness Center Restaurant, Spa, Bakery, Conference Room, Our Hotel near the Old Town and Shopping Center and cross to local bus Station. just 45 minute from the airport and 30 minute to the Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Phuket City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Phuket Town City Hotel
- Royal Phuket City Hotel Phuket Town