“Ignore the bad reviews.”

Crepetown & Super Grill Bar
Ranked #543 of 791 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ignore the bad reviews.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I really don't get the bad reviews. I really don't. I've been here twice during my brief but fun jaunt to Phuket last year, and it didn't disappoint. I had initially stopped by to grab a snack, but I ended up filling myself with the food from Super Grill Bar. I have a feeling the people that have given this place an uncharacteristically harsh or negative review, are either uptight white-folk who expect michelin-star food on their 5 dollar tourist/expat budget, people who just don't get good food, or just happened to order the wrong thing (i.e. wrong menu item. I admit, it happens).

Let's be real, this is a burger joint in the middle of a glorified food court. What do you honestly expect? So, is the food any good? I can't comment on the crepes because I'm not into crepes, nor did I order any on my visits there. I can however, comment on the service. Which was top notch, as I recall. The staff helped me pick food, they even advised me that the grilled pork neck that I was eye-ing was "very spicy". And since I love my spicy food, I decided to go for that. Food was delivered to my table promptly with no problems.

The burgers I tried are pretty decent, but the grilled pork neck.. Oh man. I'm still drooling to this day thinking about it! It's THAT good. I even ordered a second round (on my first visit) to take back to my hotel room and let my friends try it. It was cold by the time I got back, but the comments were all, "wow, this is really good".

Do yourself a favour if you happen to be in Jungceylon and grab the pork neck (don't even get it in a burger, just order it on its own with the spicy 'jim jaew' dipping sauce). You won't regret it. I'm travelling to Bangkok this year, and am somewhat disappointed to find out that this place doesn't have a branch there.. And yes, I've tried jim jaew pork neck elsewhere, and this is by far my favourite.

• Visited April 2013

Bangkok, Thailand
“Tasty Thai Food and Good Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

If you like authentic thai food taste, I think here's a good choice. Tom yum Koong Noodle is very nice, spicy and yummy. "Larb Salmon" is recommended, it's Thai fusion, raw salmon with spicy and thai herbs.

Also vary of food selections, they have bubble milk tea..taste is lovely.
My friend also tried Hot Nutella milk foam. she like it too.
Service is ok, quick food serving as cook fresh.

Easy to travel, walk only 15 minutes from Patong beach to Jungceylon.

• Visited November 2013
Kathu, Thailand
“Terrible burger”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

This grill looks ok and the pictures looks good aswell and with their high prives i was expecting a good burger... it was the most boring burger, no taste and slightly under cooked. Large portion of cheap french fries but they where way to salty....

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lars J
England
“Nice idea but food is so so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We walked past the restaurants and saw a poster to cook your own food on a stove thing. It is a buffet and you can order as much as you want for 425 bhat per adult and 200 bhat per child. If you order too much and you do not finish it you get a 200 bhat fine per person.

You basically order meat that you grill and vegetables is cooked in water on the side of the drill. It is hard to describe but it is a Asian fondu. The beef was a bit tough, the pork and chicken is ok. Prawns tasted a bit funny so I was not keen. The meat is raw. It was fresh. You can also order rice, chips, chicken nuggets too. It also includes soft drinks and desert.

For the price, it is good value. It took a while to cook the food. The interest soon wore off. It was fun for the kids. The food is a bit bland as you just cook it on the grill. The quality of the meat is ok. You sit outside so it can be a bit warm with a cooker in front of you.

Now that we have tried it once, I don't think we would go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AndrewFromEngland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice fusion food and nice crepes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

So many crepes, and once i tried some of their burgers and what they called Hot plates.. they are nice and tasty ^^ , gd things are get one beer free after bought two of them in happy hrs.

1 Thank Crepetown