All reviews old town oldest hotel junior suite historical hotel one night hotel is beautifully decorated phi phi the ground floor portuguese architecture staff at reception nice place to stay night market common areas central location no elevator air con small balcony
Reviewed 7 October 2018

I took a taxi to Phuket Old Town to take a break away from Patong Beach. I planned to do a half day trip but ended staying overnight after walking past On On.

Pros:
- centrally located within Phuket Old Town
- beautiful layout (old school vibes)

Cons:
- lack high tech security system (room keys are not electronic)
- hotel corridor can be very dark and spooky at night (lack of lighting)
- laundry doesn't open 24 hours
- There is no room to walk outside the balcony.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

The beach was fantastic! Such a perfect and secluded area to relax in and partake in the local "activities", as it were.
On my trip, I met a French couple: Etienne and Francois. They were a lovely couple, who were VERY friendly.
We found a man one night, who told us about this secluded beach area we should try, and he was right; it was amazing. Lots of crazy things happened; and it was a trippy, action-filled time, spent on this private beach.
While stopping at this hotel on your travels, make sure you visit the local travel agency; as they have GREAT deals if you are looking to continue your trip from here.
Etienne (of the French couple), I have to hand it to the guy; it was great. I mean he organized the whole thing: tickets, timetables; the whole dang trip. Bangkok to Surat Thani; Surat Thani to Nok Thong; Nok Thong to Chai Wan... 500 miles in 24 hours; at less than 400 baht. Trust me, it's a very good deal.
This hotel was the start of an awesome Thai adventure, and with the exception of a tragic suicide which took place during our stay, it was an incredible time at this wonderful hotel. Highly recommend!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Vacation818278
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with a lot historical charm. The staff was friendly and willing to help. I requested for help to cut coconut I bought from the local market the reception staff was reluctant to help but the ground staff was willing to went all the way to help on getting the coconut cut and provide a straw as well with a lot of smiles.

The room was well appointed and there is a nice private patio to relax attached to the room. The bed was really comfortable and the decor in the room is really charming. The hotel wrote a nice handwritten notes to welcome me and my wife. Really a nice thoughtful touch. The hotel also provide a full complimentary mini bar in the room with lot of soda, beers and candy bars.

The hotel did not provide breakfast but they have a dining hall that provide traditional snacks and drinks, the honey ginger drink is yummy. The dining hall itself is really charming with a nice backdrop of the hotel many open windows overlooking the lower level of the hotel area.

The location of the hotel is convenient and easy to get around. There are a couple of good restaurants next to the hotel. Very good location and easy to walk to places of interest in the Phuket old town.

I will definitely return to this hotel on my next trip to Phuket. Too bad I only booked for a nite at The Memory at On On Hotel before moved to not so nice hotel The Wyndham Grand Kalim Bay. I would have given 5 stars rating for this review if it’s not due to the not so helpful reception staff. But I still highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We stay at On on on our last night, the hotel is stunning with beautiful architecture and renovation. The bed is very comfortable, with a lot of amenities and drinks for free, with great smell of botanical perfume. The location is perfect close to Phuket old town attraction, with almost everything at walking distance.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely charming, authentic and comfortable.

My only complaint is their usurious taxi charge of 900 baht to the airport. Even the regular mFia controlled rate is the extortionate 650.

Best bet is walk to another hotel or negotiate on the stree for a much lower rate.

Otherwise a lovely spot.