“The worst place I have ever stayed.....I rather stay in a Hostel.”
Review of Sinthavee Hotel

and 1 more site!
Sinthavee Hotel
Ranked #71 of 89 Hotels in Phuket Town
London, United Kingdom
“The worst place I have ever stayed.....I rather stay in a Hostel.”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

First the hostel is filthy, the carpet in the whole hotel including the rooms is dirty and old.......the walls are dirty, n need serious be painted.
The worst of everything is the bedbugs in the rooms, I went to reception to complain the guy did not speak english, I managed to explain and show the bites in my body. after while all he said in "oh no"
I paid a lot for no services and stay in a infested place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank miguelgentile

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2011

stayed one night and very disappointed. its a very old motel and the room I stayed in was very shabby and this was a deluxe room

No hot water
If i did not pay in advance I would have moved on .
DO NOT RECCOMMEND

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank happyplacedave

Travellers are raving about these Phuket Town hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 February 2011

after days of searching, 4 of us booked 2 rooms via sinthavee email address.
at first i found it scary for 4 -first time in phuket- girls.
after all they didnt reply my mail completely
& by phone, i found it so hard to understand their english.
but when we got there, the room & service all is fine!
surprise-surprise!!
for a small money, the bed, the bathroom, the air con all neat & clean
the hotel staff may not speak english properly but we love their effort to comfort & guide us while we were there

thx sinthavee

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank pinkmabelle
Phuket
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I spent three nights 27 to 30 July 2010.,I paid in advance after seeing the room offered.When I ran a bath the water pressure was good BUT no hotwater.I complained daily about this,on the 2nd day the hanyman brought a small electric kettle,he suggested that I fill the bath,boil the kettle and warm the water this way.It would never work of course.The bath room was clean.The room was quite pleasant,it had a mini bar.2 bottles of free water provided. the small tv onle had the free to air channels in Thai.The airconditioning worked well.the queensize bed was comfortable.The price of B500 per night room only would have been great if there had been hotwater.I would recommend the hotel providing the hot water problem was fixed. THe staff were friendly
but not much English.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank nigel592
Brasil
Reviewed 11 June 2006

We arrive in Phuket just to stay one night. First of all, the hotel looks terrible (there is a kind of "men's bar" really close to it) but since we had just one night, we've decide to spend there anyway. After one hour, we discovered there was a mouse in our room! We went to the reception but they didn't give us the money back. So, we decide to lose the money and find another hotel to spend the night.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank DeboraT
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2006

Stayed at the Sinthavee Hotel for one night and was glad it wasn't for any longer. Although the staff were friendly, they didn't seem to know the local area very well. When we asked for directions to the local bus station they said it was 5 mins walk away when in fact it was more like 20 mins.

We found our Standard room shabby with no mosquito screens or nets & windows which didn't close properly. I got bitten despite applying mosquito repellant to myself all evening! The furniture was worn, the TV didn't work properly & the shower water was cold & blasted out an uncomfortable jet of water. Another problem was that there's nowhere to get food at the hotel on a Sunday as their restaurant is closed and so are most others in Phuket Town.

The good points were that breakfast was available the next morning from around 8am, was delicious & was relatively good value at around £1.50 per person for a self service buffet. Also, the room does come with controllable air con, towels, shampoo & plenty of storage space. It is also very inexpensive.

• Stayed February 2006