“Wow wow wow!”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Wow wow wow!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Came here on a Monday night with my gf.No one else in the restaurant..and i dont know why now!!We had the most amazing meal.The starter of foccaiai with ham and buffalo mozzeralla was smile inducing as was my ridiculously good lasagne for main.I tried to eat as slow as i could to enjoy it.My gf had ravioli truffle.Again,she enjoyed it so much.We enjoyed the food so much that 2 bottles of red were easily sunk.We laughed and joked with the Italian owners about how good the food was and that we felt we were back in Italy.They really take a lot of pride about their food and the business and the father cooking is obviously an amazing chef.We will most definitley be returning here very soon!This place deserves to do so well due to its quality of food.It hasnt been open long..so go to this unknown gem quick and enjoy!If you know your Italian...i promise this IS the place to go in ALL of Thailand.Thank you for a great evening :)

Phuket, Thailand
“Authentic Italian cuisine”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Finally a truly Italian restaurant in town, not yet spoiled by the tourist crowd as many others, and family driven. It means high quality ingredients and definitely great taste. I especially enjoyed the fantastic homemade ravioli. The cookies gift bag is a real touch of quality and Italian warmth. Price in line with the quality of food, so not the cheapest, but 100% worth the experience. In my opinion the atmosphere could be improved with some soft music.

• Visited March 2014
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Has to be the best in town”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Walked in from the street to Lo Zammi after being put off initially by it being so quiet. We shouldn't have worried the food was amazing and the staff were the same.

Had the ravioli with spinach, ricotta and truffle oil and a Parma ham pizza. The ricotta was made in house and was delicious we were left wanting more. Pizza was great as well and the complimentary appetizers were a great touch.

If you walk past and it is quiet don't be put off Lo Zammi it is worth dining even if you are the only table inside. They deserve to be much busier than we encountered! At home you would be booking well in advance for Italian this good.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Lovely family restaurant with great food”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We were looking for a restaurant that sold food other than Thai and as Italian is my favorite food, we went here. We were almost put of going as the restaurant was empty and we were the only guests the whole time we were there but am so glad we tried it. The staff were lovely and very attentive. The prices were quite high for backpackers so we shared a pizza and melanzane, both of which were fantasic. Although the prices were higher than the restaurants we tended to at in when travelling, the food was well worth the price. We were also given small starters to try and desserts to take away for free which was a nice touch. It is a shame that this place was not busier as it was really delicious. I hope that more people try this restaurant and if I am ever back in phuket town I will definitely be paying them a visit.

• Visited January 2014
“European food & European prices...”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Myself & my partner came across this restaurant whilst on the lookout for a place that offered pizza on the menu!

The two things that struck me right away was the restaurant was empty (It was a Monday night however so this may be the reason!) & their prices were very high compared to other eateries in the area.

We weren't looking for a big meal, just something light as we had a late lunch earlier in the day.

We ordered a bruschetta to share & a veggie pizza between us also ( & 2 beers)

The food arrived in good time.

The bruschetta was very disappointing. The tomatoes used were not ripe at all, some bits still green & it did not taste good! Baby tomatoes were used also which I've never seen used in bruschetta.

The veggie pizza was mediocre. Nothing really special about it. The tomato sauce used was very tasty but the base was quite
doughy.

The staff were really friendly & very attentive. I liked the way the owners had a little info card on each table telling customers about themselves. Its a really nice touch!

They also gave each of us a little bag with 2 brownies in it when we were going which I felt was very thoughtful! Plus they tasted delicious! :)

From what I gather they are a relatively new restaurant so perhaps they just need to find their feet a bit in the area of Phuket town.

• Visited January 2014