Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$21
View deal
Hotels.comUS$21
Booking.comUS$28
PricelineUS$23
Agoda.comUS$21
CheapTicketsUS$21
TravelocityUS$21
All reviews old town indy market night market massage beaches limelight patong
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed here for transit purposes only one night. Location of the hotel is good, very central. We got a big room with a huge window.
Staff was very helpful and polite.
There is a massage parlor next to the hotel that is good

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I wasn't expecting this to be a great hotel as we were in Thailand in late December and hadn't booked ahead so availability was limited. Our room was large and had wall to ceiling windows so lots of light (if not a great view). There was also a fridge and microwave (which we didn't use) and a table and chairs. The bed was large and comfortable and the shower was fantastic. It was also cleaned very well every day.

The reception area and other communal areas had some beautiful Chinese furniture and pottery and there were some lovely paintings on the walls.

The reception staff's English was a little limited but they were very helpful. We'd booked to go to Flying Hanuman for example but I'd given them the wrong hotel name by mistake. The staff at the hotel rang up for us to find out where the mini bus that was supposed to pick us up was and on realising the mistake re-booked for the afternoon session for us.

Phuket Town is surprisingly interesting and the hotel is well located for a walking tour or the town and for some good, authentic restaurants and the night indy market. Good tea and coffee is also available at Tiny Coffee nearby (if you can stand the rather fierce air conditioning).

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We booked the Shanghai suite for one night as we were going on the boat to Koh Lanta the next day. We got a room upgrade to a Sino suite which was a pleasant surprise.

The hotel is in a good location and there is a great little restaurant down stairs under the trees. The rooms were very tidy and when the say free mini bar they mean free water and soft drink, but that's a bonus.

If you were wanting to stay somewhere in Phuket for a more relaxing time then maybe out to the coast would be better, like Kata or Patong but Phuket town is a great stop over. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The service was efficient and friendly as well.
The only negative is that in the room we were in the AC was the size of a piano but didn't work that well. Apart from that the breakfast was good and a nice way to start a trip

1  Thank MofoMarc
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Sino Suite for 2 nights.

The hotel is located 5min walk from the local bus station and 10min walk from Old Town.

We checked in at 11am and our room was ready.
The rooms are clean and have a fairly decent size.

The hotel becomes a bit old and the aircon in our bedroom was noisy.
We ended up turning it off when sleeping and using the one in the sitting area.

Some staff at the counter was not speaking english.
It was then pretty difficult to have some information about the attractions around.

If you're lazy and want to eat something for dinner there's a small restaurant next door to the hotel. The food and cocktails are good and considering it's right next to the hotel the prices are decent. Pad Thai for 120 Baht, Coconut Chicken Soup for 90 Baht, most cocktails for 120 Baht...

When you stay at the hotel you have a 50% discount at the next door spa.
We enjoyed a 3 hours complete body care for 1350 baht.

The only thing I've been disappointed with was the decoration of the bedroom.
The other rooms have a nice painting on the wall behind the bed but not our suite.
Our bedroom was definitely lacking this painting and was looking pretty dull.

Overall we had a very good stay.

Room tip: Without a painting behind the wall, the sino suite bedroom was looking pretty dull. If I had to stay there again I would probably choose the Shanghai or Beijing room.
1  Thank SpeculoosATW
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I booked a Shanghai deluxe room and stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, there are a few things that I wasn't too happy about it. First, I arrived this hotel at around 12:00pm but couldn't check in as the staff told me the guest has not checked out and I was told to wait for 40mins, so I left hotel and had my lunch at a local restaurant in order to kill the time, after returned to reception I was told once again the room was not ready and I waited another 15 mins before finally got my room key. Second thing, during check out I asked the staff at reception about the bus service to the airport, she told me there's a bus at 10:30am which can pick me up in front of the hotel, I asked her if it is possible to call the bus station to make sure the bus time is correct because my flight is at 12:50pm if I missed this bus I wouldn't have enough time to wait another one, but she said no as she doesn't have the tel number. As such, I took my chance and waited from 10:15am to 10:50am but didn't see any bus coming, a warm-hearted lady shopkeeper from a small shop saw my situation (as I was standing right outside her shop) and called the bus station and got confirmed that there was no bus available at 10:30am that day due to not enough passengers, since I ran out of time I had no choice but to take a taxi. What I'm trying to say is, the hotel staffs are friendly but they do need some training, aren't they supposed to have better knowledge and information to serve their guests than a local shopkeeper? A few more downsides: there's no air-conditioning in any other areas including reception except in guest rooms, so it's quite hot in the hotel as you can imagine. The hotel is a bit old and the air conditioner is a bit noisy at night, also there's no swimming pool in this hotel. Other than that the hotel was not too bad, the room was big and clean, free wifi worked well. Breakfast was ok with very few choices available, however since this is a 3-star hotel I wouldn't ask too much for it.

One of the biggest advantage of this hotel is its location, very near to the Phuket old town (about 10-15 mins walking) and many good local restaurants (WiLAI, China Inn cafe, etc...)are within walking distance.

Date of stay: November 2012