“Perfect stay at Summer Breeze”

Summer Breeze Inn Hotel
Ranked #16 of 90 Hotels in Phuket Town
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I just returned from a holiday to Thailand and only stayed one night on my way to other Andaman Islands. I had read other reviews and Summer Breeze sounded perfect. Away from the touristy hustle of some of the rest of Phuket, family run and friendly.
I was travelling alone, so I wanted to be somewhere homely where I felt safe, and it was both. Manit arranged our pick up from the airport and our transfer next day to the pier - both of which were reasonably priced, maybe if you haggled with taxis you could get for less, but again - after a long flight and travelling alone, it was reassuring to have someone waiting for you in a comfortable clean car.
The rooms are very clean and tidy with homely decoration and charm, mine had a balcony where I enjoyed a beer and watched the sun go down. Nothing too swish, but just what you need if you;re not looking for a long stay with a pool etc. They serve a simple breakfast, but fine since the whole package is so reasonably priced.
As the B n B is in a village, it was peaceful and gave me a chance to see the locals and how they live, with children playing in the streets and lots of interesting shops.
Manit recommended and dropped me at a lovely fish restaurant by an inland river, where they caught White Snapper for me and cooked it fresh - one of the best meals I had my whole trip.
Manit is a great guy, very friendly and happy to advise you on anything you need or leave you alone if you want some quiet time.
If I ever have a quick stop in Phuket again, I would head straight back to Summer Breeze.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessica_Rees
There are newer reviews for Summer Breeze Inn Hotel

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We only stayed one night on our way to Koh Lanta, however for our first introduction to Thailand, I couldn’t have asked for more. Manit arranged our pick up from the airport and our transfer next day to the pier.
Our room was clean and tidy, leading out to a shared balcony overlooking the street. We were thankful for the a/c and the water bottles waiting for us when we got there.
We didn’t have a chance to change any money at the airport so Manit directed us to the local 7-11, and then a nice restaurant for dinner.
As the hotel is in a village, the walks to shops and dinner gave us a chance to see the locals and how they live, as well as a basic introduction to crossing the road!
Manit is a great guy, very friendly and always smiling. Thank you Manit, we had a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Manit's inn is the perfect place to stay if you're looking for a clean, quiet and friendly place, especially if you're just in transit to the islands. Manit arranged airport pick-up and our tickets/transportation to the ferry and made sure that we had everything necessary to ensure a comfortable stay. I've no hesitations in recommending the Summer Breeze Inn to fellow travelers.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sails and Boogey Board rooms: they are the same size/quality.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stumbled across this hotel through google fortunately for me as it ticked all the boxes for the style of hotel that i prefer on my travels.Manit and his family are so kind and such a pleasure for me to spend time with,they all made me feel almost like a part of their family and little Tanya is such a cutie,she will melt most hearts,If ever i return to Phuket i most definitely would stay here again....Manit and Tip...from my heart...THANKYOU

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We only stayed one night at Summer Breeze Inn Hotel as like other people we were on the ferry
the next day to the islands, but although we arrived very late we had a great welcome from Manit and the room was comfortable and clean, although we only had a limited amount of time for sleep we found our stay refreshed us and Manit was cheery for 7am in the morning nothing too much trouble, transfer to ferry port was organised through him and went off without a hitch free of charge. All in all a nice stay would stay there again if we ever got the chance to be longer in Phuket. Thanks Manit and Family.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Boogey Board room which is up the stairs and not too close to the Breakfast room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia G
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

I was shooked when I got their, this is no hotel but a home stay, all I wanted it to be close to pier before continuing to phi phi, the location. Is awful 20 minutes from the pier, you have nothing to do but talk with the super kind owner, he might offer to take you with his brand new car(over priced rooms) to a friend hawker 3 minutes drive away, of not you go to sleep hungry, trip advisor fooled me on this one, don't say I didn't warn you.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank aces99
Sanuksanam, Owner at Summer Breeze Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback on my hotel which concentrated on its location and availability of food in the surrounding area.
My hotel is located in a Thai village and the vast majority of our guests stay with us to make the most of every moment of their holiday. All too often, days travelling are just wasted. My hotel is usually seen as a quiet place to unwind, after what has often been a hectic day.
As in many other places, the restaurants nearby close at 22.30 but there are food vendors around. There is also a 7-11; we have a minibar; and I can prepare hot snacks if asked. I usually also take guests short distances in my four year old car if necessary.
I am sorry that the location and availability of restaurants at that time of night did not meet your expectations, but we hope that you enjoyed your holiday in Thailand.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I was suppose to stay in this hotel for 3 days, but decided to stay for 11 days because we enjoyed the stay so much (and rather took day trips to other places from here). You don't come here for the luxurious experience or exciting nightlife. You come here because you want to experience the real Thailand, far away from other tourist traps. Here you can enjoy a calm environment from your balcony, with kids playing in the streets and neighbourhood men playing a deck of cards. There are a few simple restaurants, 7 eleven and a massage place, but otherwise you have to drive in to town. Manit, the hotel manager, made the trip very special. Endless hospitality, excellent service, driving us anywhere at any time and even joining us for a trip to the national park. He can even offer a trip on his long tail boat. I will definetly stay here next time I come to Phuket, and recommend you to do the same!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends