“Great little place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 83 Hotels in Phuket Town
Canada
“Great little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Outside of the main town, Manit organized our airport transfer and ferry ride to make things easier. He took us fishing and had a meal organized, just in case we did not catch anything (which we did not!).
My travelling partner and I bought fruit and Manit's wife cut it up for us for breakfast the next morning....great service.
Rooms were very spacious, and the french press coffee was excellent.

Breakfast is very minimal, and needs work.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Summer Breeze Inn before, and had no hesitation to return there again, on our way to the islands. The bathrooms have been upgraded, with new showers, and ceramics, and it looks as if it was recently repainted. Otherwise everything is exactly the same. Even the owner Manit is as enthusiastic and welcoming as he was before – which is quite a feat seeing that he tells me his hotel has been open for about 12 years. What we particularly appreciate is that it is easy to sit and talk to him about Thailand and Thai life, without all the hassle and endless sales pitches and bartering, you can get elsewhere in Thailand. Even if he arranges a taxi, it is such a relief not to have all the usual bartering, and to actually end up where you wanted to go without any 'detours'.
We stayed two nights – over the weekend so that we could go to the Night Market – and the first day spent some time going to Cape Panwa and the nearby very quiet beach. We had dinner at a local restaurant, next to a small inlet - a five minute walk from the hotel, where they catch the fish for you from a netted off area in the sea – and that added to its own natural ‘charm’.
The second night we had a small BBQ on our balcony which was really relaxing. There are not too many places where we can do that, and being able to sit on the balcony, and watch the village life go on in the street below, with many ‘characterful’ neighbours happily sitting outside talking to each other, with children playing on the street, and the occasional food / ice cream street vendor passing by, was all very relaxing. We will return !

Room Tip: Take a room with a balcony - we stayed in Sails
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for several days at the end of 2012 and found it to be a hidden gem. If you want something that is away from the noise of the main beaches were you can get to know what life is really like for the locals this is the place to go. Manet is amazing and will go out of his way to help you and make you feel at home. Really loved my stay here.

Just make sure you have the address written as it can be difficult explaining where it is to tuk tuk and taxi drivers.

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

I just returned from a holiday to Thailand and only stayed one night on my way to other Andaman Islands. I had read other reviews and Summer Breeze sounded perfect. Away from the touristy hustle of some of the rest of Phuket, family run and friendly.
I was travelling alone, so I wanted to be somewhere homely where I felt safe, and it was both. Manit arranged our pick up from the airport and our transfer next day to the pier - both of which were reasonably priced, maybe if you haggled with taxis you could get for less, but again - after a long flight and travelling alone, it was reassuring to have someone waiting for you in a comfortable clean car.
The rooms are very clean and tidy with homely decoration and charm, mine had a balcony where I enjoyed a beer and watched the sun go down. Nothing too swish, but just what you need if you;re not looking for a long stay with a pool etc. They serve a simple breakfast, but fine since the whole package is so reasonably priced.
As the B n B is in a village, it was peaceful and gave me a chance to see the locals and how they live, with children playing in the streets and lots of interesting shops.
Manit recommended and dropped me at a lovely fish restaurant by an inland river, where they caught White Snapper for me and cooked it fresh - one of the best meals I had my whole trip.
Manit is a great guy, very friendly and happy to advise you on anything you need or leave you alone if you want some quiet time.
If I ever have a quick stop in Phuket again, I would head straight back to Summer Breeze.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jessica_Rees
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We only stayed one night on our way to Koh Lanta, however for our first introduction to Thailand, I couldn’t have asked for more. Manit arranged our pick up from the airport and our transfer next day to the pier.
Our room was clean and tidy, leading out to a shared balcony overlooking the street. We were thankful for the a/c and the water bottles waiting for us when we got there.
We didn’t have a chance to change any money at the airport so Manit directed us to the local 7-11, and then a nice restaurant for dinner.
As the hotel is in a village, the walks to shops and dinner gave us a chance to see the locals and how they live, as well as a basic introduction to crossing the road!
Manit is a great guy, very friendly and always smiling. Thank you Manit, we had a great stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

Manit's inn is the perfect place to stay if you're looking for a clean, quiet and friendly place, especially if you're just in transit to the islands. Manit arranged airport pick-up and our tickets/transportation to the ferry and made sure that we had everything necessary to ensure a comfortable stay. I've no hesitations in recommending the Summer Breeze Inn to fellow travelers.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sails and Boogey Board rooms: they are the same size/quality.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Langport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stumbled across this hotel through google fortunately for me as it ticked all the boxes for the style of hotel that i prefer on my travels.Manit and his family are so kind and such a pleasure for me to spend time with,they all made me feel almost like a part of their family and little Tanya is such a cutie,she will melt most hearts,If ever i return to Phuket i most definitely would stay here again....Manit and Tip...from my heart...THANKYOU

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo