“Now I can cook Thai!!!”

Phuket Thai Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Thai Cookery School is definitely the one and only place in phuket island that offers you a haven of peace and serenity away from hustle of the city. Nestled in a prestine beach paradise on Siray beach, Phuket Thai Cookery School allows you comfort and serenity while cooking favorite Thai dishes and enjoying your home made delicious meal. At the Phuket Thai Cookery School, you will feel relaxed by the beautiful natural surroundings from crystal clear water to the panoramic ocean view that is just a stone throw from your kitchen. You can walk off your food along the beach or lay down on our soft cushions and pillows provided on our wooden sundeck in your siesta break.
Reviewed 23 February 2013

OK so I like cooking but the hubbie is less keen but I managed to persuade him he could join me on this one day course. We started in the market which was a real eye opener. Ben took us around many stalls and as they knew her they were keen to encourage us to try their produce. All were very friendly and understanding of our lack of knowledge and language. Gave the pickled crabs and the frogs a miss but great to see how coconuts are dealt with !!
The best ever coconut cream custard - khanom krock thingys see piccy. I want on of those cast iron pans but cant get one in England - if you find one let me know......
On to the school which is set by the sea. Wonderful setting and professional style open kitchen. 4 tutors who all took turns to demonstrate then guide us to make and then eat each of the 5 dishes on the list. Cookery cards and a certificate to take home, Also bought some yellow curry paste and more cards to assist me back in Blighty! English spokn was very good and we both followed the lessons with no problem at all. The other half really enjoyed himself and we both have a lovely shared experience.
The fun has continued now we are home and a number of dishes repeated with success.
I can highly recommend the experience and it was good value for money.
Great for singles, couples or groups. As they make it fit for all levels.

1  Thank SianNorthYorkshire
There are newer reviews for Phuket Thai Cookery School

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I don't cook at all at home and convinced my wife to do a course with me. I may never cook at all but the experience at this place was amazing. They are very VERY professional and I cannot speak highly enough about them. The location is awesome the visit to the market beforehand very eye opening and the day just flows. The staff are a great team and their humour just what a novice needs to get through the day. If I never end up cooking it is not wasted because I now have a basic knowledge which will help me in any Thai restaurant I eat at. I will never be the same again.

2  Thank trezonarunner
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful day. Both my partner and I had a great day and it was our favourite thing to do on our 10 day holiday. Ollie, Noi and our favourite Ben were funny smart and informative

Reviewed 12 February 2013

As someone who loves cooking and eating, I enjoy attending cooking classes when travelling. My experience with the Phuket Thai Cookery School was one of the best I have had! The company was very efficient and professional during the booking process, and was prompt when providing transport to and from my accommodation.
We prepared three dishes over the day, each one with a thorough demonstration beforehand. The staff were clear in their presentations, with a great command of English. Written recipe cards were provided, and we were encouraged to take notes and ask questions. With only five in the group on the day of my attendance, I felt as though I gained a lot of knowledge and new skills.
After each demonstration, we were provided with our own workspace in a kitchen, were given fresh ingredients, and worked through the preparing and cooking of each dish. The staff were on-hand to provide assistance and answer questions.
At the end of the food preparation, we sat down as a group to eat each of the three courses we had prepared. The food was delicious and it was the perfect way to end the day!

3  Thank cab-80
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I booked my 20 year old daughter (who can barely boil an egg), her friend and myself for a day of cooking with Phuket Thai Cookery School. To my delight the girls both had a fabulous day. The morning began with a tour of the fresh food markets with Ollie who explained the typical Thai diet - no grains! so foreign to the typical Aussie/western diet. I thoroughly enjoyed this part of the day, Ollie bought samples of goodies for us to try such as coconut pancakes and sweet ice tea. The school itself is supremely clean and professionally run. Our education began in the demonstration kitchen where a chef would explain ingredients and methods and once the dish was cooked we were all invited to taste test (this is how it should taste - no pressure!). Each participant took up a cooking station and had a chef to assist with the practical cooking, this was great, I did not expect such one on one attention, who could get it wrong? even those who can barely boil an egg can have success. Do yourself a favour, spend a day cooking with all the gorgeous staff at Phuket Thai Cookery School. Suitable for Solo, Coulpes, Friends, Families with teens.

2  Thank Kim S

Been to Phuket Thai Cookery School? Share your experiences!