“Great day, great location”

Phuket Thai Cookery School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Thai Cookery School is definitely the one and only place in phuket island that offers you a haven of peace and serenity away from hustle of the city. Nestled in a prestine beach paradise on Siray beach, Phuket Thai Cookery School allows you comfort and serenity while cooking favorite Thai dishes and enjoying your home made delicious meal. At the Phuket Thai Cookery School, you will feel relaxed by the beautiful natural surroundings from crystal clear water to the panoramic ocean view that is just a stone throw from your kitchen. You can walk off your food along the beach or lay down on our soft cushions and pillows provided on our wooden sundeck in your siesta break.
Sydney, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great day, great location”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The school is positioned in an open building right on the beach. The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is not hard to make, especially as a lot of the preparation is done for you. What we made was really delicious and we will be able to replicate at home as we came home with the recipes and tips. Well worth it!

1 Thank susieque29

• Polish first
Gold Coast
278 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,386 helpful votes
“I learnt how to cook Thai- Amazing”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I grabbed the brochure from the hotel lobby and organised it via a email the Thursday morning that I went. I was picked up from the hotel and taken to the markets, we got to walk around and have a look at all the fresh fruit, vegetables and meats, curry pastes, coconuts etc. lots to look at. Then we got taken to the cooking school, which we has Waida as our teacher and she was awesome. She was very thorough in explaining how to make each dish, making sure we understood the directions, and then came out to help us if we needed during the making of each dish. This was one of the best days I had in Thailand and could not recommend it enough to anyone who wants to learn how to make thai food, I even bought some cook books on the way home.

4 Thank mynewlifeistravel
south australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great class”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Clean, fun class, great teachers, located on a private beach, so much food we got a takeaway pack! Had a walk through local food market then went to school location. A good day.

Visited July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My first experience learning Thai cooking”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I got picked up from the Resort right on time, and along the way, we picked up more people before heading to the Market with Waida our Chef and guide who introduced us to all the various vegetables, fruits, spices etc that make up Thai cuisine. We headed to the school and were welcomed by friendly and efficient staff.
Our class covered five different dishes, taught by Waida and James, two great Chefs who added a lot of amusement to make the class fun and educative.
I learned to cook simple yet tasty dishes that I quickly tried when I returned to Melbourne and I can't wait to try some other Thai dishes.
It was a fun day amidst a glorious setting with some very nice people. Thank you Phuket Thai Cookery School. If I visit Phuket again, I will be back for some more lessons!

1 Thank Ozlor17
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best day in Phuket!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Love Thai food so I wanted to learn more about the food prep and methods. I got so much more from it than I ever thought I would and the whole experience was flawless and a lot of fun. Early pick up around 7am from our hotel and then straight onto a tour of the local food market. We were there over an hour and sights and smells were amazing. So much fresh produce that I have never seen before...the narration by our tour guide was witty and informative...loved loved loved it.

Back on the bus and onto Siray Island to the cooking school. Work stations were spacious and clean and we all felt like we were on Masterchef! We cooked spring rolls, Tom Yum Goong, Green Curry and Pad Thai. Each dish began with a masterclass showing how the food is prepared and cooked and everyone in the class had a taste of the finished product after which we all went to our stations to cook our own version. Upon completion of each dish we got to sit down to a beautiful beach view and enjoy our food before moving on to the next course.

Waida and James were perfect teachers - witty and informative. I learned so many techniques that i will use for a long time to come and i have acquired a real appreciation for authentic Thai ingredients.

The whole experience was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. There are cheaper courses out there but they dont do the markets and dont have the amazing view and atmosphere.

Visited May 2014