“Very Good Service of JC Tour”
Review of Phuket Town

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 helpful votes
“Very Good Service of JC Tour”
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Thank you for the best trip along in phuket ... Phi-Phi Island, James Bond Island and City Tour with Mr. Apirak .. hahaha ... We are very satisfied! Very good service and friendly staff..

2 Thank Petrus_Helga
Boise, Idaho
66 helpful votes
“Beware the mini-van service at Phuket Airport”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The mini-vans at Phuket Airport, while less expensive than the taxis, will not take you directly to your hotel as promised. Instead, they will take you to a travel agency, where you will be given a long drawn-out hard-sell for hotels (even if you already have a booking) and tour packages. If you respond angrily, they become angry and unpleasant. If you speak Thai, all I can say is "don't" when dealing with these people. They will become very abusive and as "punishment" they will make sure that you are the last people dropped off at your hotel. We had this experience last month (June 2010) when arriving in Phuket. Instead of taking half an hour from the airport to our hotel, it took more than two hours ~ we were tired from our flight in from the US and heartsick at being spoken to so rudely, and the last thing we needed was a two-hour "lecture and long-way-home tour" of the island before finally arriving at our hotel. (We speak Thai, having lived in Bangkok many years ago.) It is far better to book your hotel and a hotel van in advance. It may cost you a bit more, but it will be well worth it to have peace of mind and a gentle, pleasant arrival in Phuket.

5 Thank Smartgirl_10
jakarta
1 helpful vote
“Our Family Holiday in Phuket”
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We just spend our family holiday couple days age.. in Phuket and it's going FUN-tastic !! the climate and the island is very interesting.. We like the food... hhhm...tom yam soup is the BEST !! also night bazaar in Phatong also exciting.. many thing you can find in those flea market... You should try JC Tour (the travel that we used) they are excellent !! suggest a good thing to do with reasonable price...
We stay at Ibis Hotel at Kata... it is also a good and clean hotel. and the area surrounding has many stores, 7/11 which made us easy to buy snack, milk, etc.
Basiccaly we are enjoying our holiday in Phuket... and we plan to go visit Phuket next year again...

1 Thank artbee
Amman, Jordan
51 helpful votes
“Phuket Town, to visit or not to visit?”
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I spent 5 weeks living in Phuket Town and grew to love it. The people who live and work there are wonderfully helpful and caring. But I saw many tourists wandering around unimpressed. I can understand their pain - there are a couple of tourist traps such as the Phuket Bay seafood restaurant, the many tourist emporium shops, and tuk tuk drivers always wanting to take you to these two things. On the weekends the town is quiet while everyone goes to a beach and to the weekend night market, which is quite a draw and totally worth a visit. Other than going to the bus station and the ferry pier, there isn't a whole lot of reason to visit Phuket Town. If you are staying for a while, you will get to know the locals and will love it, but if you are in Phuket for a few days I would say you should spend them on the amazing beaches and not in town.

18 Thank adventuresinculture
singapore
9 helpful votes
“5 DAYS in Phuket”
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I will be phuket for 5 days. I intend to stay in Royal Paradise Hotel. Can someone give an idea which hotel should I stay so that I can access easily to the local street night and day market. The name of the market and time the market open.I love to eat the local catch seafood and which places can you recommend. For a night carabet show which one to introduce and how much.During the stay which are place I should visit ,eat and things to buy. Is it too long staying in Phuket for 5 day or I should stay in Karbi or Phi Phi island for a day or two.THow to go to this place from Phuket.This is my first trip to Phuket.

8 Thank 969

Been to Phuket Town? Share your experiences!