“Early morning wake up call”
Review of Armcashel B&B

Armcashel B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Castlerea B&B and Inns
Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
“Early morning wake up call”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I enjoyed my stay in castlerea recently, an upbeat town in the midwest of connaught. Visiting with old friends and making new ones. I stayed with mrs morgan, she is a nice Irish woman. However I found the place a little tired and old fashioned, its hard to describe but it was the general atmosphere that would not inspire me to stay again. I chose a b&b rather than a hotel as I wanted the personal experience of Irish hosting. I disappointingly found it lacking, and it wasnt even that busy so I was surprised at her lack of interest in the guests, but thats more an observation than a complaint. The only complaint I have was that I adore my sleep, and tend to sleep in after 6am, which I imagine is normal, unfortunately, I was sharply awoken my a cockerel crowing in the early hours, it was impossible to sleep on after that as he did not stop for several hours. I would rather have stayed somewhere quieter.

Room Tip: One where you wont hear the cockerel crowing in the early hours!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
10 Thank Barry U

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Cozy, clean, conmfortable... Excellent rooms, excellent breakfast, excellent shower...
Rita is an amazing hostess, she is worried about her guests and make you feel home.
The Armcashel is the perfect place if you want to experience "an Irish homestay".
Thank you for everything, Rita!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MarianaAL
Shoreview, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Our stay at Armcashel B&B was a perfect stay. Rita was the quintessential Irish hostess.
the place was immaculate, the food was sooo good and plenty of it. We asked if there
was a laundry near by and she offered to do our laundry for us! You won't find in that in the
good ole U S of A. The B&B was easy to find being on a main road.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Rita is a wonderful host, made me feel very welcome when I stayed here in June 2012. My nan was in the area to visit friends and I stayed at the B&B on my own and had a great time. The rooms are very clean and tidy and Rita is always on hand should you need anything. An amazing breakfast each morning which filled you up until dinner time. Will be back again :-)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Armcashel. Rita was the perfect host. The house is very well set up so that you do not feel you are intruding on the family. The rooms were very clean with plenty of storage. Nice clean bathroom with shower grls snd shampoos provided. The bed was very comfy. The weather was bitter cold but the rooms were cosy and a wool blanket between top sheet and duvet added extra comfort. Rita also put hot water bottles in the beds- just perfect. There is a guest lounge available 24 hours where there is tea coffee and biscuits and magazines. Lovely big breakfast room with picturesque views and a lovely Irish breakfast with loads of tea and toast and more if you wanted. Also great selection of cereals, fruit and yoghurt for the more health conscious. On our arrival we were served tea and scones with jam in the lounge, once again this was very welcome after a long day of travelling. Thoroughly recommend the Armcashel and I will definitely stay here again if Rita is not fully booked.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

Rita couldn't be more helpful, you wanted for nothing and were brilliantly looked after. The rooms are simple, clean and spacious with everything you would need for a short stay in the west of Ireland.

• Stayed August 2012
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Very nice place to stay when you’re travelling around Ireland! Rooms are cozy, view from the windows is fantastically peaceful and nice, and breakfast is delicious. But the most important is that Rita (the owner) is extremely friendly and hospitable. Although we arrived quite late and Rita was very busy because of high B&B’s occupancy she found a time to chat and she really made us feel like at home!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlerea
Abbey Hotel
Abbey Hotel
#1 of 3 in Roscommon
McWilliam Park Hotel
McWilliam Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Claremorris
Durkin's Bar, Restaurant & Accomodation
Durkin's Bar, Restaurant & Accom...
#1 of 2 in Ballaghaderreen
Gleeson's Townhouse and Restaurant
Marnic House Bed and Breakfast
Marnic House Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 2 in Ballyhaunis
Rosdarrig Bed & Breakfast

Been to Armcashel B&B? Share your experiences!