“Great place with friendly staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Smiggin Holes
Lodge 21 Smiggin Holes
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Smiggin Holes
Australia
“Great place with friendly staff”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed mid week two nights with a 5 week old baby. escellent location, cheap rate ($210pn) and included hot breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomato,mushies and a changing nightly menu of soup, lamb shanks and dessert. Good centeral living area with open fire place. Staff are only too happy to help. Had to help dig us out the day we left. Constant hot water and comfy bed. Rooms are a little small but need to be for the heating to be nice and comfy. Can see how people would complain of the noise as a backpacker/busjer was singing until 3am. (not good when you have broken sleep with a little one and need all you can get) and we heard him loud and clear.

Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be back in the off-peak season.

Room Tip: Small rooms heat better.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Avoca Beach, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I'm writing this, so no one goes there and experience something straight from 'Fawlty Tower', they should advertise as a 'backpackers lodge with not so budget price'. Party all the time, drinking, food was awful, rooms disgusting, not once had room cleaned(they claim they do, but I can tell you they didn't touch my bed or anything), hot water in the shower was so hot, nearly burned my skin(I don't think this place comply with any safety or health regulation). On windy nights, the windows rattle so much you have a feeling the whole place is going to colapse. Some mornings we were greeted by the owner(drunk, 8 o'clock in the morning), wich was pretty scary...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Yukari H

Travellers are raving about these Smiggin Holes hotels

Terrigal
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I rarely participate in such feedback though I am compelled through reading dubious comments on holidays @ Lodge 21. I have been a regular visitor to Smiggins for over twenty years, and my many wonderful holiday memories are largely centred at Lodge 21.
The owners international experience adds to providing a snow holiday that considers and values, families. The intimate, relaxed atmosphere provides great reprieve from a serious, and "up-tight" world, in a beautiful and fun setting.
My Swedish friend commented "it's snowing in the tropics" when he noticed snowgums with pow on the leaves near 21. The inclusive trivia at breakfast, starts a warm connection between guests. For the best value and a wonderful on-snow holiday experience, I definately recommend Lodge 21.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Great place will be going back,there was 7 of us ageing from 4 to 74, 5 adults 2 young ones,the staff and management are a great bunch of people and very helpful,rooms are very tidy and serve there purpose,the food was great and a most hardy breakfast to keep you energised through the day,wonderful fire place area and TV room,all ski hiring of equipment is next door so hiring and returning of equipment was no problems,ski lifts are across the road making it very easy to hit the slopes,nothing bad to say about Hotel 21 besides wishing that I could of been there longer : ) ,When We Holiday, We Holiday.

Room Tip: Room 11 for a couple was great with ski mountain views ,12 had the same views and fitted 5 peeps wit...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This place is a favorite of mine, and my mates love it too.

Over the past few years I've seen the carpark sealed, the front stone wall completed, the entry renewed, additional TV's and things, the gyprock has been replaced, the interior painted, a few weeks ago I turned up and they've got some awesome new art works in the area with the giant new leather lounges... it just keeps getting better. The food was great thanks guys, except I don't like mushrooms. Being across the carpark from the hotel and ski lifts is a bonus... the only drawback... you don't have a giant outdoor deck, and we had to walk across the road to the Smiggins deck... That was 100+ meters with heavy snow and I was wearing thongs.

central coast
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Lodge 21 has had a long and successful reputation as a place to stay in the lives of many people. Unfortunately this year my experience was again marred by excessive & prolonged noise in the early hours. The current manager was instructed by the owner to monitor & reduce noise after complaints in 2010. This has been made difficult because the owner is the main perpetrator! If you like to ‘party’ the owner is a great guy to know! Everybody at Smiggins does! If you expect to get a good night’s sleep consider a lodge elsewhere until this is resolved.

("there is a DVDplayer/TV in every room" - our TV wasn't connected! - the loose bathroom door lock trapped several of us and is a potential fire hazard - the Chef & Staff are great!)

Room Tip: upstairs only - renovated - with ear plugs! LOL
1 Thank crickitCentralCoast
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed at the lodge for 6 day/5 nights. There were 4 of us and we stayed in a double room and a double single room. The double single rooms were a little on the small side but the double room was perfect size. At the end of the day, we spent so much time outside the room either on the slopes, in the lounge room or in the tv room that the size really wasnt an issue. The bathrooms were clean, nice strong water pressure. They have a extensive DVD library which is great as every room has a dvd player.

The staff were extremely friendly and more than willing to tend to our every need.
The food, wow, what a wonderful chef they have there at the moment - breakfast and dinner every day was superb.

The staff are young and helpful but do what they have to do. My friends and I had a great time and we got along with them really well and had a great week. The price was half of what some of the other venues were quoting but besides the hotel right on the snow it was the closest one to the lifts! So great value.

There were 2 families with young children at the same time as us and they seemed to be having a good time too. I guess some people expect to much, but having travelled the world, I would give this accommodation 3 stars in terms of the look of the hotel but 5 for everything else. It's getting there.

Will definitely go back.

#5 of 10 in Jindabyne
Sponars Chalet
Sponars Chalet
#11 of 22 in Kosciuszko National Park

Been to Lodge 21 Smiggin Holes? Share your experiences!