“Unique, different and enjoyable”

El Patio de Lajares
Ranked #1 of 1 Lajares B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Unique, different and enjoyable”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We stayed 10 nights here - having previously visited Fuerteventura, we knew we wanted to stay in Lajares.

From the outset even in the booking process it was apparent that Hanna has a keen sense of detail and is genuinely enthusistic about her guests and the business. This extended to the great welcome we received on arrival - with cava and tapas - the perfect start to the holiday!

The accommodation itself was very comfortable, well appointed and spacious with a regular change of towels. The only comment we would suggest is that some of the linen, whilst clean, was starting to get small holes.

Otherwise, we really enjoyed our time. Rainer is in charge of the kitchen and the daily breakfasts are certainly plentiful - a big plus! We also ate twice in the restaurant and can see why it has received the praise (although a little pricey). But it's not just about the actual food and quality of food - it's as much about the dining experience - Hanna and Rainer are very entertaining!

It's worth mentioning the pleasant pool too - the gardens are a very peaceful and relaxing setting.

Overall, if you want a souless, immaculate and bland hotel then this is not for you. However, if you enjoy personable people (and do bear in mind that Hanna and Rainer are not only great hosts but also entertaining characters whose enthusiasm may not always agree with all types of people) then this is not just another hotel stay but also a great experience.

Recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I chose to stay here when my wife and I were visiting Fuerteventura for a business trip. I live in La Palma but I am a British citizen. I read the other reviews before visiting Hannah and Rainer and therefore I was not surprised by anything. Hannah and Rainer took great care of us and attended to our special needs also.

Breakfast and supper deserve a special mention. Good food does not go out of fashion and should not be given an origen. I come from families that have had houses for centuries that have more rooms than humans have fingers and toes so I found the quality of food to be an absolute pleasure and correct.

Like everything in life planning is of key importance and with Hannah and Rainer you need to PLAN and COMMUNICATE well if you are speaking only English. It helps to know Spanish and/or German as they speak German natively. Hannah's English is not perfect: is your German perfect?

I visited because I needed peace. I loved Hannah's cats and just had time for a quick swim in the pool.

Hannah and Rainer are strong minded and speak their mind so make sure you have the ability to express your opinion and you will a great time.

I did not like the position of the reading lights in the room. They were shinning in my face. The fridge was leaking a small amount of water. Hey, I ask the reader...¿Is your house perfect? Nothing can reach perfection.

When I can I will return to El Patio.
Mr. Ouchterlony

• Stayed October 2012
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We booked a night at El Patio de Lajares to cheer ourselves up after a disappointing start to our trip. After reading reviews we thought we'd be in for a treat but instead we found the staff rude and pushy.

Upon arrival we were admonished for booking online and confused with other guests who had a child. The bedclothes were stained and the 'luxurious' double room consisted of a bog standard boxy space with two single beds pushed together.

Rainer has a very high opinion of his food. It's pretty good - if you like pepper. But if you're hoping for a peaceful meal be aware you will be repeatedly interrupted by his gossipy wife and rushed through your courses.

Perhaps we caught them on a bad day but to be honest we couldn't wait to get out of there and won't be recommending it. It was terrible value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travella2
Dunblane
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I Have a holiday home on Fuerteventura and discovered this Restaurant quite by accident a few years ago. My wife and I, together with our two daughters went for dinner the next evening.We have eaten in many fine restaurants in our time, but this rates up there with the best. Ingrid and Rainer are wonderful hosts, and we visit their excellent restaurant at least once every week we are on the island.The food is to die for, and Rainer is definitely "King of the sauces". Ingrids knowledge of wine is incredible, and as such I seldom even look at the extensive wine list, but simply ask her to chose something suitable. She has not let me down yet!
I am looking forward to seeing Ingrid and Rainer soon and enjoying their excellent hospitality again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Corralejo, Spain
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Best Sunday afternoons lunch, very welcoming hosts with surperb food and service in a stunningly tranquil surrounding. This is a must visit you will not be disappointed. I have visited many times and each time is always as good as the last, can`t wait for the next time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ann M
Fuerteventura, Spain
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Highly recommend treating yourself to be pampered in this lovely place el Patio de Lajares, you really feel you are being spoilt, we just enjoyed an amazing evening with the wonderful hosts Rainer and Hannah, really fabulous meal excellent wine and marvellous company thank you both, we will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

It has been our second visit to El Patio de Lejares and it was equally impressed as we were were the first time. Rainer's culinary skills are unbeatable. The quality and presentation of each dish is done to exacting Germanic standards. The experience and taste begins immediately the meal is brought to the table. Hannah Ingrid, the other half of this team is both charming and delightful. She becomes most animated when conveying stories that are humourous and informative. Our enduring memory is their kind and unpretentious nature, their love for the environment and their unassuming and accepting attitude towards each guest. We shall not miss an opportunity to dine in their restaurant and to enjoy their company. Looking forward to our third visit. Christopher & Sheryl, Manchester, UK.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Office72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lajares
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real
#1 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Bahiazul Villas & Club
Bahiazul Villas & Club
#2 of 45 in Corralejo

Been to El Patio de Lajares? Share your experiences!