“Not so good”

Price range: US$19 - US$38
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018

My husbands fish was not cooked properly, and appeared to be frozen and not fresh, therefore he could not eat it.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

So the food has been generally OK.... But the Breakfast is excellent.
Evening meals were a bit pricey, but at least they were tasty and very well presented. 3 circles due to price only.... But it is a Hilton Double tree.
Buffet theme nights were a little disappointing but again the food was tasty and well prepared.
I've stayed at hundreds of hotels and this is higher than middle of the road. The price is just a little high in my opinion.
Did I mention the excellent breakfast.
Fine for a business stay, breakfast is the best I've had in a hotel in UK.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We love this restaurant, always visit very often, and have had some fantastic meals , but went for the Sunday carvery ,took 10'of our family,and we were very disappointed .The meat was much too rare ,and we couldn't chew it. Only two to choose from which is fine,but unfortunately only liked the beef., and didn't realise you can't just have two courses anymore.,you have to have the three?? We are disappointed really like this restaurant, but the carvery was not has good this time ,we didn't enjoy.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel and wanted a quick bite to eat after a very long day and no lunch. I sat in the bar and ordered the beef lasagne with chips, service was were quick both in the order taking and the food delivery and it ticked all the boxes as lasagne was lovely ( came with bread) and the chips were spot on. It is hotel prices (£17 in total which is why I’ve only given 4 stars) but it was fast, tasty and just what you need if you don’t want to go offsite just to get something to eat. Lovely service from the bar staff and waitress, very helpful.

1  Thank jla113
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Its a Hotel Restuarant, its not going to be a destination restuarant of itself, but its perfectly acceptable.

For a Business trip, booking meal vouchers (evening and breakfast) to the room makes expense claims easy. Reasonable selection, colleagues tuna steak looked good, my fish and chips . . . Was okaaay, maybe the oil just needed changing. Served skin side up for some reason.

But for a meal away from home its perfectly acceptable . . .