Yooneek Beach Resort
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Pros
The staff are warm, friendly and courteous.
The fruit shakes are good and just right for the price. Try banana-papaya or banana-mango shake.
Try also their potato dishes.
The resort is just a five minute walk from the church.
There is free Wi-fi.
The view from the resort is just breath-taking. The clear waters of Bantayan coupled with good weather take a whole lot of stress.

Cons
Food service especially on breakfast time needs improvement on speed. If you travel in a big group like us you may want to arrange ahead of time your breakfast/meals especially when the resort has many guests.
There should be enough power supply on stand by especially in brown-outs.
Improve on pest control.
I hope the transportation from the port to the hotel and vv. would be improved too.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 July 2013

What can I say, that was the Boracay 25 years ago. Everything is going very slowly but also anything that does not bother. Waiting for the food, the ants in the room, low water pressure, cleaning room is u duty(to remember u that u must one day go back to work),frequent power cuts .... u just calm down and letting it flow. Breakfast right next to the beautiful sea repay it all. Food is surprisingly good. In any case, it is necessary to visit the Virgin Island. buy sea food at local market and they will cook for u on island. Bantayan city is worth to visit, just rent the motorbike, u will be surprised. Santa Fe city has some very good restaurant and on saturdays live music. The trip from Cebu city is a little bit stressful bcs of the traffic jam but u can see the country side of island. Very diffrent comparing to Cebu city. I will definitely return. The staff is very friendly. They make the best mango shakes. I fell like a new person after one week.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marjan S
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The real attraction is the beach-front drinking/dining! What a beautiful beach it is. Dinner was really quite good, more than I expected. Bantayan was one of the most incredible places I have seen in the Philippines, and I have seen quite a bit! It's a very sleepy and picturesque island...people here are wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank IDreamedOfThis
Reviewed 20 May 2013

i understand that we all have different opinions but based on my experience, my stay there was worth the price! the beach/shore was clean, room was clean and the staff were really2 friendly..the only con i can say about the resort is that they have limited choice of food..but it was ok, we were satisfied eating their lechon kawali anyway..:) overall, i would really recommend this place..btw, we stayed here may 2013.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank keysandstrings
Reviewed 31 March 2013

For the price we paid I think we fairly got what our money's worth. The location of the resort is excellent as it is a beach front property so that alone made us booked for this resort. Just like most resorts in the island of Bantayan, Yooneek is a small family-run resort so service is personalized and good as long as you don't expect a 5-star service that you will get in those generic resort chains. They serve very good pizzas and pastas aside from the usual local dishes.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank kegler747
Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

It's not the most beautiful resort, it is quiet old. Needs to be updated, but had a wonderful time. It's not the most important thing that it looks good, but it is the atmosphere and Yooneek prooves this. The food (for Philippine standards) was very good. Prices for the food are really good. Staff is very helpful and friendly.?The airco is à little bit noisy and there is no hot water... Wifi works good. Would defenitly stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Robinenilona
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I had originally booked at White Beach Bungalows but left. One of the restaurants in town recommended this place among a few others. Soon as I walked up and seen the beach I was happy. I stayed in the VIP on the third floor for 2800php incl breakfast. It was HUGE. one very large room for dining, kitchen and living area with two small couches. TV was old though. The large bedroom was very nice with a balcony over looking the beach; though through some trees. They need to trim a bit.

Good
- Beach was fantastic. One of the best for powdery white sand I have seen in the philippines.
- VIP room is a great value at 2800php...it was HUGE!
- Service was very good and friendly people.
- Walking distance to the town restaurants

Bad
- Breakfast was very basic and bread was whatever they had on hand. I got a hamburger bun one morning. I ate in town and never at the resort accept for the included breakfast
- Nice lounge area on the beach but only the two tables had umbrella. They had no umbrella for the chairs. Could use a bit more shade
- The room below me on 2nd floor complained to me that they could here us walking. They said it was so loud but we were not stomping far as I know. So, I would hate to stay there if there is a room above me.
- In the VIP suite, only AC in the bedroom. It was hard to enjoy the living room area with only fan. Though there is a large fan above the couches which made it bearable.

I would consider staying again as the beach itself was so great and outweighed any negatives I had but might want to research other resorts on the same beach.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelpro69