“good location, get the beachfront cottages” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar

Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar
manila, the philippines
“good location, get the beachfront cottages”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Over the phone, I told the reservations lady that I wanted a native-style beachfront cottage but was told that it was booked the day I wanted it. For half the price, the lady offered me a non-beachfront room with an electric fan, instead of an airconditioning unit. I agreed. Upon my arrival, the resort van picked up from the ferry terminal for free and brought me to the resort. I found the room most basic but it was enough that the sheets and toilets were clean and the fan and plumbing were in tip-top condition. The resort itself is near the wharf and in the middle of a long picturesque creamy stretch called Alice Beach, beside other resorts and several fishing villages. The depth of the beach is shallow, fit for wading around.

Unfortunately, the walls of the room I stayed in was thin and I could hear the late night, past midnight conversations of the people next door as well as the chatter from outside and the karaoke from the restaurant. If you are sensitive to sound, avoid this and check the other available resort accommodation if they are properly sound insulated. The food is unremarkable and a tad pricey. I wouldn't mind paying more for better coffee or better-than-generic food. On the plus side, the service is quite good, attentive and helpful but not overly solicitous.

Room Tip: choose from the beachfront huts first. explore the other resorts in other side of the wharf to gain...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank readerwalker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Bantayan island itself is a HIDDEN Paradise coupled with beach placid resort equals One of a kind Perfect Vacation !Beach Placid is a perfect example of "you don't need to pay the price for a superb service..We got the superior duplex 1 for 5k (2n/3d w/ breakfast,aircon van service to & from sta fe port)!Can you get better than this?KUdos to ms joan & staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank dimpledude
pasay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

It took us almost 8hours from Manila to Bantayan for an overnight stay in Bantayan Island. We were picked up by Beach Placid van for free, they were on time. Good Job!
The sand was awesome, powdery white beach. Upon checked in the staff offered us a menu, exactly what im waiting for... Im hungry to death as i i wasnt able to ate a decent food on our way to the island. We waited for 30 mins before it was served. It's alright, the food is newly cooked and the servings are good for 2-3 persons.
We were booked in room 11 beach front, airconed with queensize bed. Room is simple, no tv and no wifi, but of course for the price of 1500 + 200 for extra person, not bad at all with breakfast.

Location is 10 mins from port. Beach is almost infront of the port. Surprisingly, the water is still clean even if the beach is very near to the port.
I am dismayed that the water is low tide when I am about to swim. There are seagrasses in deeper portion of sea which i hated most :(

Room is just right for two person, there are lots of handwritten notice for customer posted in wall written in bond paper. Curtains are colorful yet dusty. Pillows ate too thin. Bedsheet are clean yet old.Aircon even on max temperature doesn't accomodate cool the whole room so they handed me (i carried the fan from reception area to our room) an electric fan to use in our room as support for aircon.

Overall for the price and service, i will still recommend this to budget backpackers.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank ilovebalicasag
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Spent there 3 quiet and relaxing weeks, in the P500 basic room. Its hard to come by such a great combination of quality of service, value and location. Resort is located right by a beautiful stretch of white sand and crystal clear water. Staff was amazingly nice and helpful.

Perfect place to find lost muses or stimulate your romance.

You won't be disappointed by anything on their menu as well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank NimoDoodle
Dumaguete City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I and my boyfriend stayed here and we ended up choosing this place after searching different places. We never regret. It was fantastic to live in the comfy cottage. We loved it so much coz we were free to do anything and the place wasn't noisy. The beach was awesome, perfect white sand beach without many people bugging you. I have been everywhere but I loved my stay in bantayan. My boyfriend loved it so much too and so we stayed most of our vacation time in beach placid. The workers were so nice too. I miss them so much and especially the owner's so sweet and accommodating. I couldn't ask for more. And above all, I loved their food. They tasted like my home-cooked meals. so I recommend this place to my friends and people I meet. You must see this place..:) Being here won't make you feel like missing your home coz you feel at home here plus the room rates are so affordable so what more can I ask?

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank belleandStefan
Quezon City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Beach Placid Resort can boast of its shoreline of fine white sand and clear waters. It has a good view of the sunset and the sunrise. It is also near the Sta. Fe Port, less than 10 minutes away.

The resort has basic facilities since it is categorized as bed and breakfast inn- a no frills resort. They have a bar and restaurant that's open until 11 pm, I think. They have bicycle and motorbike rentals at reasonable rates. They also provide island hopping services at reasonable rates.

On a personal note, the room we rented was a non-beach front native fan room. It was not luxurious but it was clean. The room doesn't smell and the sea breeze was enough to keep us cool. The only thing that bothered me was the swishing of the coconut leaves at night. I wasn't sure if it was raining or not.

Aside from the shoreline, the resort's service was exceptional. In fact, the service was the best thing that I remember with Beach Placid. The staff are friendly and always ready to smile. They are more than willing to assist you in your needs.

For a budget resort, their service is more than what you could have asked for!

For more info: http://bitsandpieces-fvitz.blogspot.com/2011/08/beach-placid-bantayan-simply-wow.html

Room Tip: Book in advance since they have limited rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank merrymaid_05
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

We've always wanted to go to Bantayan Island and searched the resorts and found Beach Placid Resort. It was just what we wanted. Serene and quiet, but not too far from the port with a wide stretch of beachfront. The staff was great and attentive. Food was delicious, too. We stayed here for three nights and we just loved it. The resort was quiet, clean, and the rate was very affordable. We paid Php1,500 per night ( usually at P2,000 per night on a regular season). The non-beachfront room was spacious, with hot & cold shower, 2 double bamboo beds, towels and A/C. Since the rate didn't include breakfast, we just ordered from their menu and we were not disappointed. Apart from the cheap price, the servings were big and filling. I especially liked the fried shrimp and the fried "danggit". If you want to try some other dishes, you can opt to dine at the restos outside the resort, about ten minutes by pedicab.

Room Tip: Reserve early. Rates can double during high season especially during Holy week.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple