“Fun Under Sun”

Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The place is good. The rooms are fine but kinda pricey. The staffs, particularly in the reception/receiving area are not so nice.. but the staffs in restaurants are good. The owner of the resort is really friendly although i must advise to replace the staffs in the reception area because they are not that friendly and accommodating especially to us locals. I appreciate that they have a separate pricing of food for foreigners and locals.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BlueKiss88
Joan_Nepangue, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Hello and thanks for your review. I guarantee you that we have no separate pricing for locals and foreigners. Sometimes if a person asks for discounts depending on how busy or slow we are, we can give discounts. About the friendliness of my staff, I alsways encourage all to always be friendly. But sometimes if a person has problems at home, it can't be avoided that they may not be so happy at work. Although I preach and encourage to all to be nice and friendly.

Thanks for your input and all is noted for us to do better next time.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here for a night and find another resort the following day. The place was not really good the beach was not clean. The room was small and expensive for us. The staff are not friendly. In a resort or in a hotel they should take into consideration about the staff manner and being accommodating but in this resort they are so cold.

Room Tip: seaview room is much better
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mahal Kita M

Thanks for your input. We clean the beach in the morning and afternoons always. The room prices are competitive to other resorts. Room sizes vary depending in the price and location of the cottage. As far as the staff I disagree that we are not friendly.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My room was over priced even with the discount. American breakfast was terrible, no bacon and toast over done, snap in half. Eggs not over medium, was over hard. The customer service was great, maybe the best since I've been in the Philippines. I would stay there again because of thier service.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lesterhall

Good day and thanks for your review. As I mentioned in prior comment, our room prices are competitive with other resorts in the area and we give discounts while others don't. Sometimes when ordering local language barrier may play a major role. Maybe the waitress did not understand eggs not over medium. Sometimes in a foreign country, you just have to describe it literally.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We recently stayed at Beach Placid during our small group's volunteer mission to help with typhoon damage to a local elementary school. Joan and her staff were wonderful --friendly and accommodating -- and have done an incredible job themselves of repairing their own devastating damage in only 3 months. The beach is gorgeous, the sunrises are like something out of a travel magazine. They went out of their way to meet all of our needs, and arrange for boat & transportation services that we requested. They kept their restaurant/bar open late for us, on our last night there when we requested to linger with our fellow volunteer friends we'd met. I loved the little touches, like beachside or cottage room and drink service, and the platter of fresh mangoes and bananas available for us 24 hours a day. The caring and friendly staff at Beach Placid really made our stay memorable, and given a chance, we'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wsfield1
Joan_Nepangue, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your review. At Beach Placid we treat everyone as family. We are glad you enjoyed you're stay and we thank your family also for extending help to the victims of typhoon Yolanda. Thank you for fixing the Mojon elementary schools and helping those poor children. God speed to you all!

Joan

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

It was my first time in Bantayan Island, however it was after the typhoon, so i was sad to see the devastation that the typhoon has made to the island.
i really wanted to have a cottage type room, so we booked beach placid, their location is convenient that its only minutes away from the pier and also to the market and restaurants. They have friendly attendants and they clean their beach front everyday that makes it safe for you to roam in the sand.
I was really happy with the room, although they could make their bathroom mirror a little bigger, that you could see half your body, since we could only see our face and we are not able to see how we look on what we wear, i was just surprised with the size of the mirror but its not a big deal, although they could take note of that, we still had a grand time there. For tv, i understand it was because of yolanda that they were not able to offer that service, wifi, we tried to see if there was one but there wasn't, and we didn't bothered to ask them for it was really no that important for us.
Their restaurant serves good tasting food, i really liked it and i really love crabs, but then when they serve the crab it was a frozen crab as i could observe the meat of the crab are somewhat hard-ish, i really didn't expect that since it's a beach resort, but since they seasoned the crab well it was still good. That night at the restaurant there were only 2 waiters and it was hard for us to call one since there was a time when they left the area and we wanted to order something, not really good idea to leave the area without even making sure that there would be someone who will take over their place. But the waiter was friendly, he answered our querries very well.
Overall we were happy couples as we enjoyed the beach views of the sun and the sand and very clean air to breathe...
The owner is also friendly, they adopted a dog, the dog was nice but then i was kind of scared when the dog followed me around when the dog thought i was bringing food...:) but the dog is harmless i saw a child of one of their guests that was petting the dog...
Thanks beach placid!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank bhabyadik

Thanks for your input. We are glad that you we're pleased with your stay. Thank you for your suggestions about the mirror and the food. We will start making changes. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I went to Bantayan for a month on my own, not part of an organization, to help typhoon victims in January . I stayed at Beach Placid Resort and it was truly an amazing experience. The staff treated me like a king, practically at my beck and call. If I ever had a problem or request it was taken care of immediately. The food was very good and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Amazingly that was not the best thing. I must pay tribute to the owner of the resort, Joan (Joanne) Nepangue (also a locally elected public official) . She was extremely helpful guiding me on how to help people in the community, giving me suggestions on how I could help even providing me transportation to locations that I could help. In addition she herself, out of her own pocket, giving her own time, using her own staff and equipment provided food for hungry children all over the island and built homes for people with nowhere to live. I was privileged enough to help with providing that most generous aide.

The Philippines is a country with a reputation for public corruption at all levels. Yet it should be known it does not apply to my friend Joan. She is true public servant and humanitatian. I wish her all the best and give her all the praise she deservers.

In short if you want to stay at a beautiful at a beautiful beach front resort and support people who support a community in such dire need, stay at Beach Placid!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Alexon1
Joan_Nepangue, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Wow, no words can express my thanks to such a nice review! I'm just really doing the best I can for my guests, the community, my people, and my country. I have deep passion on what I do, and I believe in honesty and integrity among anything else.

I thank you for also sharing your time and money to help the victims of the super typhoon, and thank you for helping us feed and clothe the homeless and hungry children. You are an amazing guy!

May God bless you and guide you to places and people who needs help. Again, we thank you!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We rented several rooms for our party. Everyone enjoyed their stay and the staff was very accommodating. I stayed in the native designed house and it was small but cozy. Staff arranged transportation without isue for our party of seven to see the island. Thanks! I will return.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ecar8

Thank you for your review. We are happy to be of service to you and your family and friends. We will see you again soon!