“nice place”

Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Beach Placid is conveniently located about 3-5 minutes from the port of Sta Fe... The Resort itself is very peaceful and relaxing. When we arrived there last oct 12, 2013, i got alarmed because i found trashes in the shoreline but not only in beach placid.

I said to myself that it should be well taken cared of because it has the potential to be a famous tourist attraction. Then out of curiosity, i asked some locals what happened, and they told me that during habagat season (southwest monsoon) some trashes were brought by the waves to the shore. Good thing, the next day, I saw people cleaning and the trashes were all gone. I just hope that its on a regular basis atleast twice a day.

I would like to thank Ms Joan for giving us discount for our 2 night stay, She's nice and easy to deal with. I just got a slight problem regarding the booking but its tolerable. I also hope they can add extra fan or aircon to their beachfront rooms. Hats off to the employees and staffs, for being accommodating and nice.

All in all, Its a nice stay and i will definitely go back...

Room Tip: beachfront room is convenient and spacious for 4 persons...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeval3

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Cozy, clean rooms...peaceful environment...less than 5 mins from the port. Super friendly staff. Certainly worth your money. Food is good (try grilled squid and crabs in garlic butter for lunch; Filipino breakfast with banana shake). Reservations staff are very easy to deal with.

Room Tip: Concrete beach front rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KissetDG
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We're from manila and before getting to the place we took a plane ride from manila to cebu-mactan international airport( 1 1/2 hour air travel). Land travel via bus or van from cebu north bus terminal to hagnaya port (4-5 hour ride). Finally sea travel from hagnaya port to the port of Sta. Fe (1hour ferry ride). We stayed for 3d/2n in cottage 3 beach front. The room was just right for two persons. I like the nipa hut concept of the room. Gives you a pleasant ambience. The rates are reasonable. They have maintained the cleanliness of the beach. The white sand and crystal clear unpolluted seawater. I feel rejuvenated and refreshed after the vacation.
But there was this unpleasant situation we encountered in beach placid. Not all the staff were accomodating. When we asked for can opener, plates and things to use in dining (since we're on a tight budget, we brought canned tuna), this one particular staff gave us an obnoxious look as if we should be ashamed for bringing our own 'baon'. Since not everyone was like her and we dont want to spoil the moment, we ignored her offensive attitude. I hope this wont happen again to other guests.
Despite the rudeness of this particular staff, overall, we enjoyed our stay in Beach Placid nonetheless!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank thefrugalwanderer
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We came as walk in from nearby resort since we wanted to extend our stay for one more night in Bantayan, lucky for us they have one lead-in room left. Check in was quick and the receptionist was welcoming.

The room was okay-clean and simple. Did not have tv but it was okay since we are here to enjoy the beach. The bathroom had some odour at the beginning, but gone after a while. The shower drain seemed a little clogged because the water run quite slow.

The resort area is nice and everyone seemed to enjoy their time here. The beach area is maintained well by the staff.

We noticed that outside at the walkway near the beach-front room, you use shells as a landscape decoration on the path-line, however these shells look very sharp and could injure guest, especially kids when running around. Maybe you can look into this area- just a concern though.

Overall it was a nice stay. If I ever to back back here, I will have beach placid in my resort-to-stay list. Thank you.....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TJAbdul
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We been here before and was fantastic from the service, the room and the staff. In our second visit was very disappointed we choose the room that we like and booked it but when we arrived they give different room but that was ok and also our first night. But the second night was soooo terrible the guest (3 or 4) at next door whole night was talking and laughing so loud you can hear when they open the door all the time. We checked out in the next morning. Sorry not staying this place again..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lyn3252
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked cottage 15 which looked very nice on their internet site and were dumped in cottage 8. On entry I went to the bathroom and noticed toothpaste from previous occupants around the hand basin. There was hair and soap scum all around the shower drain. The toilet pedestal was very badly cracked and the underside of the seat appeared never to have been cleaned. The booking included a cable tv but there was no tv, only the cable. If you adjusted the shower so that the water flowed down it fell out of the holder. To get wet you had to stand at the far side of the shower as the water came out horizontal.
We went to the restaurant in the evening and were advised that a dish we ordered was good enough for two . When the dish arrived it was hardly enough for one. When I complained the waitress just laughed and walked off. We also tried their breakfast twice and they made the same mistakes both times. Their so called English breakfast took over one hour to arrive. We asked for our eggs to be well cooked and they arrived runny and not cooked on both occasions. We asked for our toast to be toasted and not warm bread, we even sent the toast back and they returned it in the same condition. They were so slow on our last day we missed our ferry and had to wait an extra two hours in blistering heat. The restaurant has no insect killer lights so you are constantly pestered by flies. The first morning there was dog mess outside our cottage and I noticed it frequently around the resort and on the beaches. There is a pack of stray dogs running around on the beach area urinating and fighting etc. In view of the presence of rabies in the Philippines I think this is a matter of concern especially for visitors with children. On the plus side the beach and views are very good. They take you from and to the ferry terminal free of charge. In conclusion I will never book this place again. I only booked it after reading good reviews.

Room Tip: My tip for a good room, book another resort
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Foreststag
Joan_Nepangue, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I'm so so sorry about your experience. Although you never complained once when you were here. We could have corrected our short comings. The toilet seat is now being replaced. The food serving for a normal Filipino is good for 2. Although that depends on someone's appetite. The speed of cooking the food depends on how busy we are but I doubt it took 1 hour. We have no control of stray dogs on the beach since that is a public area. It seems like you always trying to critique or find faults in areas that are normal to island living instead of just trying to relax on your vacation. I hope you find happiness in your vacation and in your life

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The place is good. The rooms are fine but kinda pricey. The staffs, particularly in the reception/receiving area are not so nice.. but the staffs in restaurants are good. The owner of the resort is really friendly although i must advise to replace the staffs in the reception area because they are not that friendly and accommodating especially to us locals. I appreciate that they have a separate pricing of food for foreigners and locals.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BlueKiss88

Hello and thanks for your review. I guarantee you that we have no separate pricing for locals and foreigners. Sometimes if a person asks for discounts depending on how busy or slow we are, we can give discounts. About the friendliness of my staff, I alsways encourage all to always be friendly. But sometimes if a person has problems at home, it can't be avoided that they may not be so happy at work. Although I preach and encourage to all to be nice and friendly.

Thanks for your input and all is noted for us to do better next time.