“Quiet, clean,just like home.”
Review of Casa Asia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ungasan
Casa Asia
Ranked #1 of 18 Ungasan B&B and Inns
Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
“Quiet, clean,just like home.”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

First off, thanks Nicola & Silvia for being such excellent host. Casa Asia is so serene & quiet that you can't help feeling refreshed the next day after a hard days touring the island. The spacious room is extra bonus to the fact that cleanliness in both rooms that I stayed in were amazing. There's no real need for air-conditioning as the atmosphere there is really cooling. Our gracious host would assist in every way possible, even picking us up from the airport. Did I mention the really cheap rates & constant supply of beers...!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Benedict_Jong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Read the reviews before this one and it will tell you what a wonderful place this is .. and it is no joke. Like all my reviews I need to put this place in context for all types of travellers so here are some points that may help people decide if this is the place for them, so as not to get any bad reviews posted.
This place is ideal if you want to be away from the bussle of Bali, it is a bit isolated so be warned, though the local shops are no more than 5 to 10 min walk way, there are more shops further away probably a 30min walk so you need a scooter or taxi. So if you need a lot of stimulation and different places to eat and don't want to hire a scooter then you will need to arrange transport. The same is true for the beach you will need transport. I used this place as a base to visit sights and to come back to a quiet place to relax.... perfect.
The food is good at this place but may take a bit of time comming ( or it did when I was there ) as there was only 1 cook, this may not always be the case but the delay in food is all taken with good humor. The Pizza oven was not up and running, shame I was looking forward to a Pizza. The female staff are really funny and quite mad.
A very very minor point which did not effect my stay but my turn peoples nose up, was that this place is close to what looks like a recyling dump, you don't see it unless you look over the wall as you walk to the shops, shame they have this but it has to be done somewhere. As I said it did not effect my stay nor will it effect your stay.
This place is a surfers place but as a non surfer I was still welcomed. Free WiFi and the rooms are great, the pictures on their web site do not do them justice, I had the standard room and it was perfect, fridge, lovely big bathroom, hot water and only 200,000 bargin. Did not see or get bitten by an mosquitos.
I would suggest arranging them to pick you up at the airport since my taxi driver did not know the place, even with me giving him the address. Luckily I had the phone number and he called for directions, he phoned twice as he still could not find it when we got the hill it was on.
Would I go back Yes Yes and Yes again.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are the best value unless you need the extra space for more people, don't thi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Sydney
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Centrally located and in a quiet location this is a great value option. Ac and wifi available too. This is family friendly, even for little babies. The owners are Italian and the staff very welcoming. Good for surfers as not far to all of the best spots. A great little find!

• Stayed June 2012
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We (2 adults and 1 child) stayed at casa asia 4 nights at the end of june. The rooms are very big (we had room nr 9: deluxe). There is a fan and aircon, a swimmingpool and a good atmosphere.
The location is good for exploring the south of Bali. You will need a car or motorbike.
We will come back at the end of our trip!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Marije1975
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

Found Casa Asia by chance and glad we did. Wasn't expecting 5 star for the price but was very pleasantly surprised. Very nice pool and eating area, rooms were basic but clean and comfortable with a/c. A bit hard for taxis to find so recommend having a good map or getting a scooter which the owners can rent to you. Nicholas and Sylvia very nice people that relay made us feel at home. We will be back!

Stayed April 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I found Casa Asia on tripadvisor I was looking for a budget stay at the beginning and end of our holiday in Bali/Lombok this place had a great price tag just $20 a double $30 family room. I reserved a double and when we got there Nicola upgraded us at no extra cost as all his doubles were full. The hotel is exactly as shown on their website and was a very friendly place. Like others have mentioned many of the guest are long term and the place has a family feel to it everyone acknowledging each other each time you pass.

We also stayed in Lombok on our holiday and although the rooms were quite simple in Casa Asia the beds were high quality and better then some in much higher prices accom in Lombok the shower had hot and strong water and each room had a nice verandah to sit on. The pool area was very pretty with beautiful gardens that were maintained closely everyday the water was quite warm.

The staff were very friendly and could always be heard laughing and giggling they didn't speak much English but they had mastered Italian as Nicola and Sylvia are from there originally but now live permanently in Bali with there gorgeous little girl Asia. This place is very popular with the surfing set so we stood out like sore toes as we are middle aged Aussies who don't surf but by the end of our 4 days we too felt like part of the family.

I could recommend this place to any one on a budget the rooms and food was cheap and if you ride a motorscooter Nicola hires them and boards for a reasonable price. Close to all the top surfing spots and just 20 min to airport and Kuta.

Room Tip: If you want lots of room go the family room "huge"
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Nicolas and his family were such accommodating hosts, I do not know where to start! We spent a short week there but the in-the-know crowd spend months at a time in this mini resort which has more of a family feel than the sterile hotels of Nusa Dua. From airport pick-ups to restaurant recommendations (and dentist, and other acomodations on the island), I felt like we received a five star treatment all along. Thank you again! We will be back!

Room Tip: Regular rooms are great, larger rooms are perfect for couples with a kid or friends traveling togeth...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PlanetVagabond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
Karma Kandara
#2 of 11 in Ungasan
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,211 reviews
Flower Bud Bungalows Balangan

Been to Casa Asia? Share your experiences!