“Off it's head amazing.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Ungasan
Sydney, Australia
“Off it's head amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My sister got married here in March. We stayed in Villa Jamadara next to Tamarama. Because the wedding guests hired all the villas we got to check them all out, each of them are completely individually styled and set up but all are absolutely sensational! We asked for the pool fence to be put up because we were travelling with infants, it served its purpose! The staff are absolutely incredible, they would go into town to buy groceries and cook up whatever you like, we had a little party at one stage and they make a mean gin and tonic even in bulk orders :) - this is luxury at its finest, would definitely stay again, a very relaxing stay even with an 11 month old :)

Room Tip: It doesn't matter where you stay, each of the villas are incredible in their own right!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Littlebug22
SemaraManagement, Manager at The Ungasan Clifftop Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to start by thanking you for such a beautiful review. Not only do we wish to offer exceptional service but we also work very hard to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the entire family. Villa holidays are an amazing experience as they offer a home away from home plus much more such as the private chef, butler and driver that you have highlighted. Weddings are incredibly popular at our resort as we can 9 different venues to offer. The seven villas all with differing architecture, Selatan Cliff Top Restaurant and Finns Beach Club. Nothing makes us happier than offering a family a few relaxing days, free from their day-to-day worries. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to do that for you and your family.
On behalf of myself and the entire team, we thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Semara Luxury Villa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in Villa Chintamani for the first 4 days of our Bali honeymoon. It was fantastic. The view itself was enough to convince us we'd made the right choice. The staff was wonderfully attentive and prompt, we were thoroughly pampered and taken care of throughout. Finns beach club was amazing, I had the best steak sandwich of my life there. We ordered ourselves a private BBQ one night, and were served dinner at the edge of a cliff! Fantastic food, great staff, beautiful resort. I highly recommend it if you want peace, quiet, solitude and pampering.

Room Tip: The ocean view master bedroom in chintamani is fantastic, but doesnt offer privacy as its separated...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the entire Semara team, please allow me to thank you for your praise of our resort. The Suite rooms are perfect for honeymooners as they provide the facilities of a full villa eg. Living Room, Dining Room, Media Room, Butler without the price tag. There is also a main swimming pool in all villa plus many suites have their own private plunge pool. We currently have a 60% OFF Suite Rooms until 31 July if you want to come back !! Glad to hear you had some memorable experiences at Finns and with your private cliff top dinner.
I wish you all the best in your new married life and hope to see you both again.

Best Regards,
Semara Luxury Villa
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Best experience and excellent staff. A excellent layed out property with mesmerising beauty of indian ocean. fantastic beach access and excellent food in the Finn's club. The people serving in the villas are excellent and knows how to keep u happy around the clock.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AmitC4
SemaraManagement, General Manager at The Ungasan Clifftop Resort, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear AmitC4,

Greeting from Semara Luxury Villa Uluwatu...

It is so great to hear fabulous comments like yours about our resort. The resort have been built with a design to help preserve guests privacy and intimacy in the villas whilst providing many additional activities and facilities such as tennis courts, putting green, gym, and spa! We are also very happy to have one of the best swimmable white sandy beaches down at Finn’s. Once checked in you really don’t need to leave Semara….. I will pass your great comments about the food to our Chef and his team!
Hope to see you in a next trip!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed in Villa Chintamani for a yoga retreat.
I was almost in tears upon arriving at how magnificently beautiful the entire resort is.
By far the best resort I've stayed at.
I was lucky enough to stay in the Oceanview master suite and I felt like royalty!
Finn's beach club is also amazing! I loved spending the whole day down there relaxing on the beach.
Special thanks to Wawan our butler, he was so attentive and brought me some chamomile tea every night before bed after I asked him for some the first night.
He was so friendly and happy to be around.
And also to Ketut, she gave me the best massage of my life!
This place really made my trip to Bali!
Thank you so so so so much!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Rhiannon K
Dear Rhiannon K,

Greetings from Bali Island!

Thank you very much for such a great review of our unique property and also your personalized butler! A Yoga retreat is an amazing way to come and experience our breath taking view and relaxing atmosphere.
I am happy to see that Finn’s and our Spa complimented your days between yoga sessions. I will pass your comments to both Wayan and Ketut, I am sure they will be very flattered to be mentioned on Trip Advisor.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in semara for 3 nights from 2 -5 nov 13. We stayed at terrace ocean view suite. The room a bit small than other hotel around uluwatu. The service was very nice and really helpfull. All u have to do just ask.Even when i forgot to bring my swimsuit to the beach .. The buttler will help u to take it from ur suite just call him/ her from the bar on the beach. And when my son have an alergic they help us bought the medicine from outside the hotel , u just write the prescribtion they will help u find one. The other good things is the beachh.. Goshhh i really love the beachhh the sea.. The breeze.. the sun..The restaurant the bar.. The snorkling time , kayaking with my son.
even i willing to go there again all by myself.. The things need to improvement is ...the food at the restaurant. Its really need to improve alot. Staying there not going anywhere we stuck with selatan restaurant n room service.
On day two we already get bored n the food we think tasteles. N please be informed that beside the inclinator u have to go down with stairs also. Especially when u go with ur child like mine i have 3 y.o son. When they get tired u have to carry them up. I forget how many stairs is but really really make u work especially if u dont exercise much. Really meant it.Please becarefull going down the stairs with old people , i advise not to go for coz its quite steep. And dont put ur clothes outside ur suite coz the monkey can steal it. they tried to steal my bikini n they even bite my husband's google. But its a funny experiene tried to get ur stuff from monkeys. I did write the review at hotel.com which i booked from but i dont know why they didn't put my review. Hope this review help u..

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Olivia B
SemaraManagement, General Manager at The Ungasan Clifftop Resort, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Olivia B,

Greeting from Semara Luxury Villa Resorts....

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Our dedicated butlers are always there to serve you and attend to every detail to make your holiday experience special even bringing swimming costumes to the beach ! Regarding the food, we are working on a full new menu for both Selatan and In Villa. The new menu will be full of flavor and will appeal even the highest critics! We hope that you will come to try. Our suite rooms are very popular for couples and small families such as yours. As mentioned you still get the villa services such as butler service plus full breakfast daily, Free Wifi, 20 min spa treatment, complimentary gym ,tennis and putting green. Plus of course free entrance to Finns Beach Club, one of Bali’s best beaches.

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed in Villa Chintamani for 5 nights this week. Amazing villa, spectacular views and very quiet till a family with babies moved in next door on the last day.We found our Butlers Dayna and Wayan to be outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. Finns Beach definitely worth it for dinner and the sunset. They do have an inclinator however there are also many steps from the inclinator to the beach - but managable. Car and driver included each day for 8 hours - we used this and airport transfers included. Chef cooked breakfast each morning and a fabulous Indonesian lunch one day. The Villa is simply stunning!!My only complaint would be the office staff when we checked in didnt seem to be able answer any questions about our stay and the resort - rather disappointing start.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dancer1962
SemaraManagement, General Manager at The Ungasan Clifftop Resort, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed Villa Chintamani, one of our most private villas. We feel very fortunate to call this amazing setting our work place!
Dayna and Wayan are such an asset to our resort and so attentive of our guests needs. I will make sure to personally pass your comments on to them.
On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that our office staff was not able to extend the welcome that you expected, but am very pleased to mention that we are working on a special in-villa check-in so that each of our guests’ experience starts with our dedicated team of butlers. They will be more than able to answer all of your inquiries regarding our beautiful resort and this amazing island that we call home upon your next visit.

Janick Couturier - General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Just amazing views from the various villas! We were there as part of a wedding group that booked up most of the resort. The views from almost all the villas was spectacular, and the beach was lovely as well. What was remarkable was our team of service staff at the Villa Jamadara, who tried very hard to please. We had a villa lead manager who always had a smile, and his team was very attentive to our every needs. We asked for a seafood buffet which we had guests join us for, and the food was excellent and well organized.

The only negative was a friend had left her ring on the sink, which disappeared after the evening 'turn-down' crew was done with the room. Despite the whole team trying to turn the place inside out to find it, it was never found.

Room Tip: Room 110 at Villa Cintamani - The privacy and the views from that unit was incredible!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ianxteo
Dear Ianxteo,

I am very glad to see that you and your wedding group enjoyed our stunning views, our unique villas and especially our team of service. Our team works incredibly hard to create the best memories for each of our guests, and I am very pleased to be able to congratulate them on a job well-done in your case. I will make sure to pass on a special thank you to our Chef as well.
As per the missing ring, we take these matters very seriously and did a thorough search of the property as well as the staff. I cannot apologize enough for this loss and hope that your friend does track down her ring.
I hope we will see you and your group back next year to celebrate the happy couple’s the first anniversary!

Janick Couturier - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
Karma Kandara
Karma Kandara
#2 of 11 in Ungasan
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,128 reviews

Been to The Ungasan Clifftop Resort? Share your experiences!