“Stunning, absolutely stunning.”

The Ungasan Clifftop Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Ungasan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed in the first lot of villas, Villa Chintamani. The view from our room was spectacular with a 180 degree view of the ocean. Our butlers where great and could not be faulted. We ate at Finns Beach Club restaurant and found the food to be excellent and even scored a complimentary glass of champagne. Breakfast was very nice with so much fruit, bread, croissants we couldn't eat it all.

I stayed with my girlfriend but I will have to bring more friends and family so we can stay in one of the larger villas for next time. Upon checkout the manager introduced himself to me and asked about my stay and how it could be improved which I made a few comments and he took them onboard. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SemaraManagement, General Manager at The Ungasan Clifftop Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Micah C,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad we were able to meet. Not only did I take note of your comments - we are already working on it!

It is great to see that you loved our resort and please let us know when you are back in Bali. In the meantime, join us on Facebook for all the latest news and specials facebook.com/semaraluxuryvillaresort.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

As part of a wedding party we stayed in Villa Pawana which had a luxurious tropical feel - so distinctly Bali. As we walked through the entrance doors we felt we had entered paradise. Access to each luxury ensuited bedroom guaranteed privacy. Each had an outside area. Kitchen, dining and lounge facilities, with media room and study were expansive. An infinity pool and gazebo gave unrestricted views of the jewelled ocean below. Our own personal butler ensured we wanted for nothing. All this, and the wedding in Semara's wedding villa to cap it off! Just exquisite! And I even overcame my fear of heights to ride in the inclinator down to the amazing Finns Beach Club for cocktails on bean bags in the sand and a dip in the pristine waters!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Wandoan,

Thank you for your kind review. It is such a pleasure to receive great comments like yours!

I have to agree that the entrance of Pawana is exotic and magical, and I am very happy to see that our newly improved “Dedicated Butler Service” is showing great results.

We hope to see you again soon and congratulations to the newly wed couple!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We recently hired both Villa Ambar and Villa Tamarama, and they were both uniquely different and stunning. Each Villa has it's own positives. I much preferred the Balinese feel of Villa Ambar, it's open plan layout and the the hidden Master Suite is the perfect touch. Villa Tamarama has the felling of a grand estate house, something reminiscent of the deep south. The details thought of in each villa really are the icing on the cake. Our villa staff were welcoming, very accommodating and fantastic.
There were only a couple of negatives making our stay just shy of perfect. The outdoor furniture in both villas looked like they needed a good wash from maybe having too many guests in quick succession without the time for a soak clean. Also for villas of this luxury and price tag breakfast really should be included, having to sign a bill every single time we ordered did get a little tedious and we would have preferred an option where we could have avoided this.
Though all in all the view and scenery that these villas are surrounded by is breath taking and well worth staying for.
Venture down the stairs to Finns Beach Club, dinner there is beautiful with the waves coming in and there is a bonfire on the beach you can toast marshmallows on. During the day the water is crystal clear, perfect for a swim or snorkel.

Room Tip: The Master Suit in Villa Ambar is the must see of these two villas
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RandR-Travelling

Dear RandR-Traveling,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our resort and especially about our dedicated team!

Breakfast is not included as each villa has a dedicated Chef and Butler who can prepare any food you would like to eat from 7am until 10pm daily. If breakfast was included you would not have the ability to choose what you want to eat for breakfast and when you want it served.

Our seven villas do all have a unique design which allows our guests to choice the villa that suits there group and style. Villa Ambar is an amazing villa, especially for family vacations. The bedrooms are side by side except for the master which as you mentioned is in a secluded location within the villa. Prefer as a parents retreat ! Villa Tamarama with its white colonial style is a particular favourite for wedding couples.

I am very pleased to hear that you were able to experience our new beach bonfire at the popular Finn’s Beach Club. Day or night a visit to Finns will be a highlight of your Bali holiday.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My sister got married here in March. We stayed in Villa Jamadara next to Tamarama. Because the wedding guests hired all the villas we got to check them all out, each of them are completely individually styled and set up but all are absolutely sensational! We asked for the pool fence to be put up because we were travelling with infants, it served its purpose! The staff are absolutely incredible, they would go into town to buy groceries and cook up whatever you like, we had a little party at one stage and they make a mean gin and tonic even in bulk orders :) - this is luxury at its finest, would definitely stay again, a very relaxing stay even with an 11 month old :)

Room Tip: It doesn't matter where you stay, each of the villas are incredible in their own right!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Littlebug22
SemaraManagement, Manager at The Ungasan Clifftop Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Please allow me to start by thanking you for such a beautiful review. Not only do we wish to offer exceptional service but we also work very hard to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the entire family. Villa holidays are an amazing experience as they offer a home away from home plus much more such as the private chef, butler and driver that you have highlighted. Weddings are incredibly popular at our resort as we can 9 different venues to offer. The seven villas all with differing architecture, Selatan Cliff Top Restaurant and Finns Beach Club. Nothing makes us happier than offering a family a few relaxing days, free from their day-to-day worries. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to do that for you and your family.
On behalf of myself and the entire team, we thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,
Semara Luxury Villa

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in Villa Chintamani for the first 4 days of our Bali honeymoon. It was fantastic. The view itself was enough to convince us we'd made the right choice. The staff was wonderfully attentive and prompt, we were thoroughly pampered and taken care of throughout. Finns beach club was amazing, I had the best steak sandwich of my life there. We ordered ourselves a private BBQ one night, and were served dinner at the edge of a cliff! Fantastic food, great staff, beautiful resort. I highly recommend it if you want peace, quiet, solitude and pampering.

Room Tip: The ocean view master bedroom in chintamani is fantastic, but doesnt offer privacy as its separated...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

On behalf of the entire Semara team, please allow me to thank you for your praise of our resort. The Suite rooms are perfect for honeymooners as they provide the facilities of a full villa eg. Living Room, Dining Room, Media Room, Butler without the price tag. There is also a main swimming pool in all villa plus many suites have their own private plunge pool. We currently have a 60% OFF Suite Rooms until 31 July if you want to come back !! Glad to hear you had some memorable experiences at Finns and with your private cliff top dinner.
I wish you all the best in your new married life and hope to see you both again.

Best Regards,
Semara Luxury Villa

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Best experience and excellent staff. A excellent layed out property with mesmerising beauty of indian ocean. fantastic beach access and excellent food in the Finn's club. The people serving in the villas are excellent and knows how to keep u happy around the clock.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AmitC4
SemaraManagement, General Manager at The Ungasan Clifftop Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear AmitC4,

Greeting from Semara Luxury Villa Uluwatu...

It is so great to hear fabulous comments like yours about our resort. The resort have been built with a design to help preserve guests privacy and intimacy in the villas whilst providing many additional activities and facilities such as tennis courts, putting green, gym, and spa! We are also very happy to have one of the best swimmable white sandy beaches down at Finn’s. Once checked in you really don’t need to leave Semara….. I will pass your great comments about the food to our Chef and his team!
Hope to see you in a next trip!

Janick Couturier

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed in Villa Chintamani for a yoga retreat.
I was almost in tears upon arriving at how magnificently beautiful the entire resort is.
By far the best resort I've stayed at.
I was lucky enough to stay in the Oceanview master suite and I felt like royalty!
Finn's beach club is also amazing! I loved spending the whole day down there relaxing on the beach.
Special thanks to Wawan our butler, he was so attentive and brought me some chamomile tea every night before bed after I asked him for some the first night.
He was so friendly and happy to be around.
And also to Ketut, she gave me the best massage of my life!
This place really made my trip to Bali!
Thank you so so so so much!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Rhiannon K

Dear Rhiannon K,

Greetings from Bali Island!

Thank you very much for such a great review of our unique property and also your personalized butler! A Yoga retreat is an amazing way to come and experience our breath taking view and relaxing atmosphere.
I am happy to see that Finn’s and our Spa complimented your days between yoga sessions. I will pass your comments to both Wayan and Ketut, I am sure they will be very flattered to be mentioned on Trip Advisor.

Best regards,

Janick Couturier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
Karma Kandara
Karma Kandara
#2 of 11 in Ungasan
AYANA Resort and Spa Bali

Been to The Ungasan Clifftop Resort? Share your experiences!