“Ha ha - Fawlty Towers says it all”
Review of Sekar Nusa Villas

Sekar Nusa Villas
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Ungasan
Reviewed 8 January 2014

How apt upon reading. I went out for a tour at 7am to be asked at reception if I had had breakfast. I asked what time breakfast started and was told 7.30am hmmmmm Manuel The exchange rate is around 10400 to the dollar everywhere but there it is 7800 not surprising I didn't change my money there. I saw plates from left over room service in the gardens around the hotel grounds outside rooms for days on end and even placed a tray full on the path after getting tired of seeing it every time I walked to my room. At least the animals and rodents are kept fed I guess. An empty Bingang bottle stayed between the 2 doors leading to the pool from the lobby for 4 days before being removed with staff constantly walking past ignoring it. The Spa that is on the website is a run down empty building that isn't useable, the pizzaria doesn't operate, the library has no books, but I'm sure you get the picture. A cab driver asked me why? when I asked to be taken there after eating out and I had to ask myself the same question so checked out next morning. My advice to any one who sees the wonderful website that must have been built with the hotel is DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF IT AS ITS ALL LIES. This is a struggling run down 2 star hotel and I'm being generous.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Batman181
Dodi P, Manajer at Sekar Nusa Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Mr/s. Batman181

I would like to thank you for your review which naturally is very disappointing and we take very seriously. I will have a complete review of all your points raised with our team to ensure further improvement.

Over the past one year or so, we have been upgrading and renovating certain aspects of our villa’s and whilst these are not all completed, we do expect this to be done before the end of the year which includes the surfaces in the bathrooms and pool in all villa’s is shortly to be installed.

I am also disappointed to hear that you found our service of poor quality as we take our quality of service very seriously and generally find that our staff are recognized by guests as being most helpful and willing to please. I will certainly address the points you have raised with our entire team to see where we have failed on this occasion.

If I may also refer to the subject of the currency exchange rate mentioned in your review which is indeed regrettable. As a matter of course, we do our utmost to updating day by day related exchange rate.

I have looked into this and it appears there was a misunderstanding. I am aware that you had requested. It certainly does not mean that we give priority to other guests and we try to be as fair and accommodating as is possible to all our guests.

I am not sure if you are aware that our SPA is under renovated and will be complete in early of 2014 and also with our product Pizzeria Bar to make more enjoyable and provide services during your stay with us. I sincerely apologise as it appears this was not adequately communicated to you. In any event, I would like to apologise for any confusion that may have been caused and any inconvenience as a result.

As mentioned, we take you feedback very seriously and will take appropriate steps to ensure that improvement is shown.

Kinde of Kindnest Regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

First impressions can be very misleading and certainly were in the case of this hotel. Wonderful photos and descriptions on the Booking.com website, coupled with a very attractive reception area had us feeling confident that we had made a good choice in booking this hotel for our honeymoon. How wrong we were.
Our booking confirmation clearly stated that we were booked into a private villa with wonderful ocean views. When we told the receptionist that we were looking forward to the lovely view, she said that yes it was a lovely view.......from the restaurant. We showed her our confirmation and she said there were no rooms with ocean views but that she would call the manager for us. He arrived and also told us that there were no ocean views since the Mulia resort across the road opened. When we showed him the booking he said he would get in touch with booking.com and update the description. Not much help to us but we decided to soldier on.
After taking over an hour to be served a light lunch and a couple of beers in the restaurant we were finally shown to our private " garden view" villa. In its day this place must have been something, but those days have long passed. A very large but tired room. Separate bathroom with sunken bath and a beautiful outside private pool gave us a taste of what might have been. However what now was included threadbare, dingy bath-towels with holes in them, stained coffee cups ( no teaspoons) dirty room service trays in the gardens outside, non existent room service, mini bar or any other of the facilities listed in the compendium. Ironically, the bed and sheets and pillows were beautiful quality which was a welcome surprise.
The main pool and gardens were beautiful however it was like a ghost town with guests seeming to check out as quickly as they checked in. Breakfast was appalling on most mornings although we did strike a fresh set up one morning.
We decided to leave early and were politely told that as we had booked on Booking.com they had to charge us the whole fee regardless. When I pointed out that through Booking.com we had been promised an ocean view they decided to waive the extra day.
Overall, a tired, run down resort with poorly trained ( though friendly) staff. This place needs a serious injection of time and money to bring it up to even 3 star level. Interestingly, our taxi driver as we were leaving told us that the hotel had only reopened in the last 6 months after a 3year closure. Perhaps their website and details on Booking.com need to be updated to reflect the current state.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole M

Dear Nicole,

Over the past one year or so, we have been upgrading and renovating certain aspects of our villa’s and whilst these are not all completed, we do expect this to be done before the end of the year which includes the surfaces in the bathrooms and pool in all villa’s is shortly to be installed, im aware that taxi driver provide you with confusion information related our villa.

I am also disappointed to hear that you found our less information as we take our quality of service very seriously and generally find that our staff are recognized by guests as being most helpful and willing to please. I will certainly address the points you have raised with our entire team to see where we have failed on this occasion.

If I may also refer to the subject of the information related our type of Villa features, I have looked into this and it appears there was a misunderstanding related details information through booking information, in another we have been communicated directly to agent to provide and change clearly details information in regard our feautures.

For your acknowledge our SPA is under renovated and will be complete in early of 2014 and also with our product Pizzeria Bar to make more enjoyable and provide services during your stay with us.

Kind of Kindnest Regrads,

Reviewed 26 December 2013

this is supposed to be a 4-star hotel, but I really find it almost equal in service and facility with another 3-star hotel I stayed at 1/3 of the price. we stayed in a one-bedroom villa that looks very nice in picture. but when we actually stepped in to the room, i can't help but feel cheated. the furniture is old (you could argue it gives you a sense of antiquity), and the drawers are difficult to open/close (probably due to rust). the private pool looks dirty and we didn't use it at all. what's more frustrating was that we didn't have hot water!! we called the hotel service and waited for about 15 mins for the engineer to come (we were told he was fixing another problem), then they spent about another 20 mins to fix it, and another 10 mins for the water to become warm. I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpeakingPig
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I booked a 1 villa room, the room is approximately 25 square meter excluding the bathroom, and it lacks of space if you're travelling with 2 large sized suitcases. Worse, you have to buy sandals from the hotel, which SHOULD BE FREE as with all other hotels. The bed creaks with every moves you make. I got the room with a view to air-conditioning compressors, very nice and relaxing to look at, the air-conditioning itself is not cold enough. The balcony door can't be opened, I assume you have to ask for the key from the hotel's staff, that if they care to give it to you.

The point is, DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: No Recommended ?
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank robert k
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Thank you for great moment since we stayed in a beautiful and comfort room.
We had so much great memories in this resort and villa in Sekar Nusa with ethnic and real have the ambiance WOW amazing!! we love it.. Thank you for the team who arranged bday cake for my wife it was so wonderful,he loves the cake :) the bfast buffet and food WOW outstanding and the service also thank you for your warm welcome...
This is the best place we spent our time in holiday in Nusa Dua :) :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed with 8 of friends for 4 days. We booked 2 BR villa. The villa was ok, nice pool inside, lounge area was clean, but on cooking area there's only microwave, kettle & toaster, no stove, it would be nice if there's one but it's not a major problem.

The service was super slow, the breakfast was horrible (cold dish and greasy). I suggest you may stock any milk or cereal or fruits or ANY food in your villa. A friend of mine asked for an iron and it took half an hour to bring it. The bathroom was clean but for the toilet, it really bothered me because of the smell from the drainage.

Please improve the service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We went there two weeks ago... everything was just ok.. their buffet breakfast was horrible.. not alot of choices. Prefer only the ala carte.. our room are nice but alot of mosquitoes. Need to prepare insect repellent. Their service tip-top. They really know how to take care of their guest. Not so convenient cos the city quite far.. Overall i would rate 6.5/10.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BullElly

Dear Bullelly,

We are very glad to hear that you had comfortable stay with us and do appreciate the good comments for the rooms and friendly & helpful staff. I will definitely forward the message to our staff to encourage their working spirit to provide better service to our guests.

Alow me to thank you for your review which naturally is confusion in regard breakfast selection and we take very seriously. I will have a complete review of all your points raised with our team to ensure further improvement.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the nearest future.

A very best regards,

Dodi Pusdinata

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort
Mercure Bali Nusa Dua
Mercure Bali Nusa Dua
#29 of 54 in Nusa Dua
Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences

Been to Sekar Nusa Villas? Share your experiences!