“Lovely suit, friendly fantastic service, great value for money”

Balivillas.com Estate
Perth
“Lovely suit, friendly fantastic service, great value for money”
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Very easy to book over email, collected at the airport by our own driver who would be our own driver for the whole of our trip, greeted at the suite by our Butler, Maid and cook.
Amazing service and fantastic food, in a lovely private villa with our own pool, all for US $285 per night, great value

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 March 2011

BOOKING:
Completed online via their web site and I took advantage of the further 20% discount for bookings within 14 days of travel. Stayed 14.03.11 to 26.03.11 with two half days for early check in and late check out. Total payment US$4992 incl. VAT/service tax. Excellent service booking this way. Friendly e-mails and a feeling of confidence borne from their professional manner. I paid them US$40 for the VIP service at the airport. Brilliant way to go as the delegate did everything for me and I was processed very quickly. Balivillas driver was there to meet me. Only a 15 minute drive to the villa.

ARRIVAL:
As I was traveling on my own until my husband arrived a week later, I felt totally comfortable and made to feel very welcome. All of the staff delegated to my villa were there to greet me. Wayan (butler), Made and Ketoot (house boys), Frankie (cook) and Nengah (driver) were so amazing to us throughout our stay I can't even find the words to describe how wonderful they were. A welcome drink, tour through the villa and explanation of how everything work ensued so I was completely aware of the environment I was about to enjoy for the next two weeks. I was to enjoy a complimentary spa treatment each day for two hours and could select from a good range of options that included hair cream massage, body scrubs to full body massages.

THE VILLA:
Water Spa 1 is double story offering stunning views of Jimbaran Bay and on a clear day you can see the vast mountain range that seems to meet the clouds. The upper story came into it's own of a night when looking out to see the twinkling lights of Jimbaran and beyond and to the airport watching the planes come and go. I loved the outdoor sitting area with two comfy couches and had music blaring all day from the CD player with great Bosch speakers while swimming in the pool. I loved the pool and it was just the perfect temperature to cool off. The villa was very private and provided a sense of space that hotels don't.

Now you have to keep in mind that Bali is tropical and that the sun, rain and resultant humidity are cruel to buildings requiring ongoing, consistent maintenance. Obviously the villa's need to be rented or they won't make money so I imagine maintenance has to be carefully scheduled among the bookings. I noticed a lot of maintenance going on within the Balivilla's compound so I got a sense that this is an ongoing process. Water Spa 1 is a fantastic set up and the decor very much Bali inspired; however, there are some areas on the walls and eaves that will need to be sanded, filled and re-painted which I am sure they will do in due course. The furnishings are great ; however there are some pieces that are a little tired BUT in my experience, even in hotels I have paid a great deal of money to stay in, this is nothing different. I found a wonderful, serene ambiance in the villa that made me happy and relaxed.

My husband and I both agreed that we have never slept better and the master bedroom downstairs became our sanctuary. With flat screen TV's and DVD players in all rooms, it was lovely to sprawl out on the bed in the cool air conditioned bedroom watching a movie. Put it on pause, go have another swim, grab a cocktail and then back to it. I seriously loved the villa layout and the decor.

LOCATION:
My criteria was not to be stuck in the middle of chaos and hordes of tourists so the villa location was ideal for me. On the 'bukit' hill with a great view below and around a 4 minute walk to the Nirmala Supermarket and other amazing Balinese shops, you are among the people. Of course your driver will take you anywhere you want to go so for the pleasure of peace and quiet, it isn't an issue. We loved to walk around the streets and soak in the local atmosphere.

STAFF:
This is where Ballivillas really lift the bar. The staff are simply AMAZING. Nothing too much trouble, their attention to detail is uncanny and their friendly, professional manner just warms the heart. Their efforts were consistent and thorough. The villa was cleaned twice a day with fresh towels, sheets and the bed turned down each night. All with a big smile and genuine desire to make your holiday special. I can't thank Wayan, Made, Ketoot, Frankie and Nengah enough.

We ate at the villa quite a bit and the food was so delicious. I had the best peppered tuna and grilled lobster I've ever had all thanks to Frankie's amazing talents. Each morning at breakfast I told Wayan what we'd like to eat and Frankie would go down to the markets to purchase stunningly fresh produce. When I arrived I gave Wayan money and he would then let me know if we were getting low and I would give more. All purchases are clearly itemized with receipts so I was always aware what was spent each day. Worked out very cheap by comparison to dinning out which we did a lot of too.

THINGS TO DO:
The villa provides an extensive array of reading material about Bali and can book anything you want. Wayan certainly helps so much with suggestions and his local knowledge is great in helping you plan your days. He would ring different places for me to get information if needed which was a godsend.

Our Balivillas driver, Nengah, was fantastic and I swear the best driver in Bali. Nengah and his trusty horn kept us safe from the onslaught of traffic. We were entitled to 10 consecutive hours of his time per day. After than, a small hourly fee could be imposed if you required him for longer. We just stopped for petrol, paid him and he would give us a receipt. The air conditioned, comfortable care was used exclusively by us so we always knew when petrol was required.

Of course Jimbaran Beach was just down the road so Nengah would drive us to one of the seafood restaurants on the foreshore and wait until we had finished to drive us back. We love you Nengah.

We will definitely be returning to Balivilla's next year such was the quality of the service we received.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FirstClassDiva
Plover, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Rumors of beauty, romance, an international blend of nightclubs, all within or on the ocean with the largest variation from the best warmth combined with an oceanic breeze and lush earth spewing out in green and any color imaginable. The rumors sound wonderful, and if you haven’t been tempted yet, then consider the above wrapped in a vacation with the best hospitality and service, differing from the world, this service is sincerely offered, and consistently genuine. It is not only when visiting a store, your hotel, a nightclub, beachfront, or a market. The sincerity in Bali is on the faces of the locals you meet and will pass by if you choose to travel throughout the island. The simplicity of sincerity is captured within seconds continually throughout Bali. The truth is, Bali is well deserved of the tagline, “heaven on earth”. Bali is the earth’s purest form because of the truth in the eyes of Bali, a gift to humanity and what was meant from the origin, love all living. If you think this is even close to being over the top, go see for yourself and understand how it is simply impossible to put into words what I experienced in Bali. I stayed at Balivillas.com, Waterspa Villa II, and I would never imagine staying anywhere else because the staff and security in addition to my ratings, as a young single woman, exceeded my expectations because I have not known such a paradise existed.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank tabatha0605
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Dear fellow travellers,

The accomodation:
It was our first trip to Bali and we had 2 choices: either going to a resort 3,4,5 stars or rent a villa.
The choice was very easy: renting a villa was at the end much better and cheaper than going to a mega hype super resort surrounded by thousands of tourists (like us ;o) with no intimacy.
And.... we found out "Balivillas.com", no bad surprise, the villa was exactly as same as the pictures available on their website, no hidden cost, super professional, efficient and friendly staff. During our stay in the villa, we were at home in the island of gods !
When you have a young kids like we have (5months) renting a villa is the best solution: if the little boy (or girl) wants to sleep, you can leave him in one room of the villa and stay with your wife and friends in the swimming pool or living room without worrying.
You are not stacked in your bedroom until your child wake-up as when you are in a resort.

Location:
the villa was located in Tanjung Benoa (close to Nusa Dua), a beach was located nearby the villa (100m), the beach was std one and very far from Riviera Maya (Mexico), Maldives or Boracay beaches but actually it does not matter. Indeed, we understood one thing, in Bali, even if you have several beaches, it's not the premium activity to do there !!! (and i can tell you that my wife and me we love to stay on the beach). The country side of Bali is simply amazing, you can do sightseeing, mountain bike, rafting, volcano hiking, you can visit temples, villages, national park (with rain forest), all surrounded by beautiful nature and landscape !
If you are travellers oever 25years old, we would not recommend you to stay along Kuta Beach, a strip of sand plenty of bars, (over priced) restaurant, shops and discos.
This location is good to party but after 35years old, it's not your place anymore !!! ;o) (I'm 37years old)

The food:
Balinese food is tasty, colourful, spicy (but not too much), many different dishes. Very good.

Weather:
We were there in January, during the raining season. It was fine as actually the rain fall down around 6-7pm and does not last too long.
The good point of those daily showers is that it cool down the temperatures !

The people:
Balinese people are very very very friendly (and not only because you are a tourist if you see what i mean). They are very close to nature, very smiley.

Conclusion:
Bali is heaven on earth and renting a villa is the top over the top. Forget all the resorts that propose all the same food, shows, services and go and take a rest in your own swimming pool surrounded by nature !

ciao
Chris

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ChrisfromShanghai
Hannover
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I was not overly impressed by this villa. Overall it was quite ok. The staff was friendly and helpfull, the equipment and furniture in the villa was good. But somehow it always could have been a bit better. For example, the butler could have been a bit more helpful in planning the activities, several times he had wrong times for the beginning of shows we wanted to visit, so that we were much too early or much too late and even when we stayed at the villa the whole day, he justed looked in once for 5 minutes - that was the butler "service". The room boys could have been a bit more attentive when doing the rooms - there was always something missing. When we handed them our washing we got back some clothes, that did not belong to us. The massage was always a bit to short, often 50 minutes instead of one hour (including the preperations!).

The villa Rambali was advertised as "new in our portfolio" but actually the furniture was quite used, the plaster came of the walls in several places and there was a large fungi stain in the lower bathroom.
Positive is the private setting, the nice garden and the very nice pool. Also the car with driver for 10 hours every day is great. And the food prepared by the cook was excellent.

Overall, for what the villa was like and the quality of the service, I found it rather overpriced and would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 1 January 2011

What a great experience my family and I had at Bali Villas.
I originally booked in to stay elsewhere for our 20th wedding anniversary/family vacation, when I stumbled across the Bali Villas website. I was amazed at the range of villas on offer and the service that came with it, so with that in mind I booked it. Our villa came with a butler, chef, housemaids and a driver (the driver was available for 10 hours per day) this was something that needed to be shared with my family!
As this was our first time in Bali, I initially had no idea what was on offer and was a little apprehensive with this site, so I read the trip advisor site and the comments looked very promising and reassured my decision to book.
When you look at what is on offer it almost looks too good to be true, well, let me tell you it isn't!
Upon arrival at the Airport we were greeted by our driver with a smile and a welcome. Our luggage was escorted to the car, which was very clean and air conditioned. We arrived at our accomodation and was greeted by our butler, and house staff- we were blown away at our accommodation. We had stayed in the Bouganvillia Villa for 2 nights, and then the Bali Impian Estate for 12 nights. Both villas were very clean, spacious and we had our own private pool.
The menu on offer was diverse and the quality of food was amazing. We ate 5 star food every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, all at a very reasonable price. We put in our order and the chef purchases the ingredients and cooks it for you.
Being a special occasion, I wanted to feel that my wife could relax and not have to cook, which is exactly what we got. The staff are so friendly, attentive, non obtrusive and nothing was too much trouble. My entire family felt extremely comfortable with the staff.
Thank you Bali Villas for an amazing experience and any one reading this wanting reassurance..... trust me, you will be amazed!
Many thanks to the staff and our driver. This is a holiday that will be remembered for a very long time!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Tombluhm
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Having never been to Bali I was uncertain about the whole "private villa" option. With so many choices for private villas on the Internet who knows what you are going to get. Well I'm home now and I can tell you about one of the best if not the best places to stay in Bali. It's just outside Ubud and sits atop a valley with breathtaking views, rice paddies, a river, coconut groves and mountainous volcanoes in the distance and it is called Villa Dhyan. Everything about this place in spectacular but what makes it so memorable for me was the staff who cared for us while we were there for three weeks. Everything and I mean everything was handled by the staff including arrangements for excursions, laundry, some of the best meals I ate in Bali, the driving, they even took care of packing the treasures we found so that they would make it home safely. Never too intrusive but always attentive and the price was unbelievably inexpensive. I can't wait to return and see the people who became my friends at Villa Dhyan.

• Stayed November 2010