“stunning view”

Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ungasan
Reviewed 1 December 2011

we stayed at cliff edge ocean view pool villa. it's a very private & romantic place, stunning view... the staff are very polite, very helpful, quick response... everything you need is all there already, won't make you to go somewhere else. it's a perfect place for couple who wants to stay out of crowded, just the two of them, having an unforgettable wonderful moments...

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Reviewed 1 December 2011

I was totally disappointed with everything we experienced at Banyan Tree Ungasan during our wedding anniversary holiday at Bali. We were informed that there will be a wedding party when we check-in so they arranged us to stayed at Seaview villa 108 for the first night and unfortunately we had experienced a poor air conditioning. We had our first dinner at Bambu and it was terrible!!!

Second night - air conditioning fixed but still hot! We also experienced a noisy music from 9ish until mid-night as there was a wedding party at Bambu so we called the lobby and they suggested us to move to another villa (we rejected as it is no way for us to move in the mid-night!).

Third day - we complainted to the Manager and he offered us from Seaview villa to Cliff edge villa 129 and even offered us a free lunch and dinner for the day due to poor dinner and breakfast.

Besides, I think they really need to train up their cleaning staffs and make sure the rooms are clean not just tidying up. I even admit there was a male cleaning staff throwing the rubbish from the Presidential Villa outside to the cliff, environmental cleanliness?!? and thats why we didn't pay for the Green Environmental Fund or something Banyan Tree associate with.

I will definitely won't come again.

7  Thank PPP841
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your feedback at Tripadvisor.

It is with regret I noted the inconveniences you experienced. In our efforts to achieve a level of service whereby guest expectations are being anticipated and met, we have obviously failed on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for these shortcomings

Please allow me to take your comments with all it points and use it as training and learning exercise for our associates to ensure fine tuning is made in the future. We really appreciate your constructive feedbacks and please rest assured that they have been identified to the managers concerned for the necessary rectification.

I was most concerned to read about the the noise of our function which have disturbed your peace of mind and privacy. We will absolutely work with all Managers concern to manage a better arrangement for our next function where guest convenience will not be affected.

Once again, please apologize for the inconvenience. We hope our shortcomings will not place us in your permanent disfavour and we look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Ungasan.

Yours sincerely,

Reinhold Johann

Reviewed 30 November 2011

My world has been luxury hotels for the past 4 years as I've traveled he world. The service at this hotel is some of the best I've seen. Each staff member was warm and gracious with every encounter. They remembered my name, knew how I liked my coffee, what was my choice drink; and I stayed only 4 nights and wish it were longer. I've stayed in several Banyan Tree hotels worldwide and am always impressed with their product as its private, high end, fully stoked and the most comfortable place to rest your head and just chill out. The common areas of the hotel are also fun; huge infinitey edge pool, great bar, even a private white sand beach. Jumana restaurant is not to be missed - have the lobster cappaccino!

This hotel is accessible, but expect to want to venture out during the day to some local sights like the temple at Uluwatu or Blue Point Bay for view of the surfers, seafood in Jimbaran (try Menega) and maybe a day at Balangan Beach.

• Stayed: November 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 28 November 2011

It was the first time to stay in Banyantree pool villa. Banyantree pool villa is very private and romantic room. In fact, clean status of room was not good, location is pretty far from center. But other services are very nice. I think, family and couple are very good to stay in Banyantree Ungasan.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 November 2011

The room is very nice. You will not want to leave the room. I've plan for visits many places but feel hesitate to go out because it was so comfortable. Everything is made with details. You could be relax in every corner of the room.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Telan
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This is the best hotel in my experience. Pool villa may sound ordinary, but champaign in outdoor jaguzzi with Bali sea in horizontal view is so incredible. Breakfast is nice and it comes along with unlimited champaign. The only one disappointed thing is that there's no compromising on late check out even for an hour.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I had received a free stay at banyan tree with my Amex card, it was suppose to be an experience of a life time. But turned out so dreadful. I had even paid extra to have my family upgraded to a pool/sea view villa.
I had made my booking a year in advance and extended the stay by 2 nights. I had already informed them that I would be traveling with my family, wife and 3 kids.
On the day of check in they gave me villa 108. Somehow on that very night there was a wedding and they were having an after party till around 12+ on the first night. It kept me and my kids up with all the noise. The resort was only half full why couldn't they have placed us at a quieter villa in the first place when they were aware about the party. . When I called they said sorry the villa that I was suppose to have wasn't ready at that time, I checked in at 6pm and there were many that are empty. They also kept saying that it was only for that one night.
Although they offered to move us to another Villa it was already 11pm+ and we had unpacked.
The next day my baby fell ill due to the late night and we have to call for a in-house doctor.
With this kind of experience I should have listened to a friend and stayed at St Regis.
On a good note the staffs are polite and friendly.
Unfortunately for now I will not be planning to stay here next June.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Joseph_sg
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear valued guest,

Firstly, let me humbly apologize for a less than perfect stay. I fully understand that the noise of our function have disturbed your peace of mind and privacy.

I do hope these unacceptable lapses do not preclude you from visiting us once again. As a gesture of goodwill, we have rebated the surcharge of room upgrade and the 3rd person charge which originally the reservation was for 2 adult and 3 children. No surcharge had been applied for any villa upgrade at any given time. The charges applied was for the third adult as we had no information that you indent to occupy one bedroom villa with 3 adults and three kids. Further we also like to clarify that the medical charges had been absorbed by the hotel, once again we like to apologize and our associates are advised to consider better in the future.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your time in communicating these valuable comments. It is feedback of this nature that makes us continually strive for tangible improvements, in providing luxury accommodation and service, to our guests.

We hope that we are given the opportunity of reinstating ourselves in your good faith by welcoming you back to our lovely resort in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reinhold Johann

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
The St. Regis Bali Resort
#2 of 11 in Ungasan
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali
#2 of 9 in Uluwatu

Been to Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali? Share your experiences!