Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
Renaissance Hotels
Karma Kandara(Ungasan)
US$538
US$508
My Dream Resort and Spa(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$791
US$735
Asri Jewel Villas & Spa(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$75
Agoda.com
US$63
US$58
Trip.com
CK Villas Bali(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$85
Trip.com
1,111 results
All reviewsjumana restaurantju ma na restaurantthe cliffocean viewbuggy driversjet poolin villa diningour honeymoonprivate poolpresidential villafine diningvilla bbqbuggy serviceguest servicesindian oceanliving roomhuge bathroom
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 10 July 2012

As a villa, when I first stepped into it, I saw lots of falling leafs/flowers in the pool. At night, I have to find all switches to turn all lights off. Wanna go some where, I have to call buggy. Went Fumana/Bambu for afternoon tea or dinner/lunch, I don't know where to call buggy to go back to room. I tried to follow the map to walk to Fumana, it always brought me to dead end because it has only one way from my room. The turtle club for kids is good, but it is so entry level if comparing to many other kids club. The main pool is actually too small, and the water is pretty cool. The same problem also happen to the pool in our villa. You should have some heater if your water is always so cold.

And, on the day for check-out, we stand outside for the arranged buggy to come by 12:15, and it was 30 minutes late. (this arrangement was made by you, not mine.) Fortunately my flight is on 15:30, I have plenty of time to wait for buggy.

It is really not a pleasant stay in your villa.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
hong kong
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have come to Bali since 15 years and saw most major resorts. I came back the second time to the BT and really liked it even better. The service is much improved and the villa's are top notch with large size plunge pools and a jacuzzi. The restaurant/food choices are outstanding and the resort in general is amazing. Definitely come back soon again.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I must confess I had read some harsh reviews of this Property before visiting, from other fellow Reviewers with a significant number of reviews under their belt and, silly me, I thought they might be biased for whatever reason. Guess what? They were right.........

I first would like to say that my review is calibrated for a 500 USD / night property, and that my capacity of forgiving misdeeds in this case is far less than in a more down-to-earth place.

I have stayed in a variety of places in Bali over the years, visit Indonesia very regularly on business, and can reasonably say that I have been through a wide sample of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly in this wonderful country to be confident in writing what is coming next.

-Property is secluded, to say the least. Taxi takes 10 - 15 minutes to come to the resort, when summoned from Reception. Count an additional 15 min drive to the closest Village (Ungasan, a smallish place with limited shopping and entertainment options) or be prepared for a LOOOONG ride to the typical Bali staples, where most nice restaurants are: Jimbaran, Seminyak, etc.

-I was less than impressed by service in general: Calls to reception could go unanswered for at least 10 calling tones, and this happened at least 5 or 6 times during the stay. On a couple of occasions, I just hung the phone. Check out took forever, and I was alone at reception.

-Food at their buffet restaurant, Bamboo, was mediocre, and I'm being forgiving. I ordered a vegetarian pizza for dinner, and I would hands down take any microwaved previous-night leftovers from Pizza Hut, Domino's or the local Delivery Place instead of what came on the plate. Unbelievably small, tasteless and yucky. I've browsed other reviews and it seems I'm not the only one saying that... Sorting this mess out should be a top priority for Management, as I'm sure it's a main source of frustration and no-repeats from Customers.

-A glass of white wine-by-the-glass to wash the pizza down was another awful experience. Bottle had been open for quite some time (I'd say at least 1.5 days) and wine was stale, and way way past its prime I did not even try to discus the situation with the waiter, as I'm afraid it would have been useless.

-Resort was running at a very high occupation and it showed in unacceptable ways: lack of clean juice tumblers at the breakfast buffet, both days of my stay. Wait, a minute, you say you had to wait for a clean juice tumbler for 10 minutes, at a 500 USD / night Banyan Tree property? They cannot afford to buy some additional tumblers for their Customers to enjoy their handsomely paid juice? You must be kidding or working for a Competitor? Neither, nor, dear friends.

-Food took forever to come during breakfast. My omelet came with a 15 to 35 minute wait every morning. As there is no Egg Station, you have to order from your table. Staff bringing it seemed perfectly OK with the timelines, as if it was the most natural thing in the world to wait half an hour for an omelet.

-The room mini bar was never replenished during my stay: I drank the only can of Diet Coke on the first evening, and then I had to manage my way through a choice of Ginger Ale, San Pellegrino and Evian, in subsequent moments of acute thirst. Frankly, i did not even bother to call reception, as it was clearly one more sample of the overall standards.

It is true that I'm not necessarily awed by a Banyan Tree Logo on the door of a Property, but by what the Team serving under that Logo can deliver. In this case they delivered subpar hospitality at way above par prices. I have sincerely counted this one out, and no, I don't work for a Competitor.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank AntonioShanghai
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Pay a little more and get an Ocean View, it's worth It. We stayed in an Ocean View Villa and The View is superb. Service is impeccable and The staf are all Vera polite and friendly. Breakfast buffet is very NICE with many selecions of Asian and western dishes and even a La carte included in the price. Buggy Service is very prompt and The drivers are so friendly. We had In Villa Dining and It was the best. They lay all the food out on the table for you. Very nice. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the General Manager and that is quite unusual as we have travelled a lot and often never see the GM. Overall an excellent stay although it is not cheap staying here. I will certainly be using Banyan Tree again.

1  Thank Adam H
Shanghai, China

Almost perfect.

The water temperature in the private pool (inside Villa) is little bit low for swaming.
WiFI signal is not very stable. But Lan cable could not connect to internet. Better to check Lan connection in each room although there is WiFi/