“Just Perfect!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ungasan
Hong Kong, China
“Just Perfect!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The property is very new, and nicely designed!

we booked for Xmas 2013, we were well taken care of! We were picked up by a very friendly driver @ the airport, and we checked in Villa 125, which we got upgraded from Garden view villa to Sea view Villa.

The Villa is massive, nicely designed, the private pool was a bit small and cold tho. But then, even at raining season, we managed to got sun burnt and tanned. So i guess we were quite lucky

Breakfast was great, room services are yummy and quick =)

All staff speaks good english, or even mandarin.
Food are at reasonable price, we dine @ hotel/ room services for 3 days, only cost us USD 300, which i think this is quite cheap!

we will be back =)

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to beach!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Helmy_Shaukany, Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Chris S,
Thank you for your kind and flattering comments on your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan. Your comments have been shared with the team and they were indeed pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.
With best regards,
Helmy Shaukany – The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Wonderful place,lovely staffs
A memoriable place to be people are freindly and staff are always happy to help
Villas are beautifull and newly furnished
Had a superb honeymoon
Located just 30 mins away frm Kuta

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Helmy_Shaukany, Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Deepak T,
Thank you so much for the gracious comment.
We are all very happy that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We all look forward to welcome you back again to Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali.
Best regards,
Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali is by far the worst expensive resort hotel I ever stayed in. From the reservation, the hotel tried to change my date of travel unsolicited AFTER I paid USD 10,000 for 6 nights, and claimed they moved the dates and cannot move it back even if I wanted to. Then I and my son had 3 days of continuous diarrhea and vomiting from a burger there and the hotel simply said they have no medicine other than aspirin. The New Year Eve's dinner cost USD 1,200 for 3 adults and 1 5-year-old child, and they didn't even publish that price anywhere as the buffet looks almost identical to any other night buffet except for a few party hats and a couple of Bali dance shows. There is no one to clean the room on New Year's Day. No one came to clean the room service table after 2 calls on our arrival night. Upon arrival, it took 20 minutes to check in while a family of 3 generations including one 5-year-old and one 5-month-old baby had 8 hours of day tour in Ubud and were absolutely exhausted. The staff didn't even speak good enough English without my having to repeat almost every question. And he kept going on about opening hours of each restaurant while this should have just been on a sheet if it were such important information which frankly I never got briefed on such useless details at any of the high end resort hotels I had stayed at, including multiple Four Seasons resorts, other Banyan Tree, Anantara, Evason. I would never recommend this to any traveller who has the budget and has the tastes for good service.

Room Tip: We were in Villa 209 which is a seaview double room villa to the eastern most end of the hill. The r...

11 Thank Martin M
Dear Martin M,
I am extremely sorry that there occasion of disappointments during your stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali.
This should not have occurred in the first place. We thank you for your comments and assure you that we take such feedback very seriously. We have already addressed your comments with a view to improve in a noticeable way.
Once again my unreserved apologies. Should you wish to come back to Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali, rest assured that we will make it up to you.
Best regards,
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stay in a new hotel/resort nearly every month so after a while you get a fair idea of what is outstanding, average and terrible and I must say Banyan Bali was terrible. Firstly my driver was 40 minutes late picking me up, but I thought hey, maybe it was just a once off. Then I arrived at my room and found my bedroom door, front door and fridge was broken. For a room that was costing $1100 this was an absolute joke.

Due to the driver being late and the damaged room, they gave me a complimentary dinner. It was better than nothing, but still was it acceptable? No! Not only was the room tired and worn out (needs a makeover), the food and service was ordinary. Three times they made mistakes with the same in-room dining food order. Plus the food was average, and way overpriced.

On the last night I decided to check out the restaurant, which was 20% full (not busy). I ordered a basic drink (vodka & soda) which took 35 minutes to arrive to my table. During the 35 minutes I asked four waiters where my drink was and they said it was coming. Finally I lost it and called a manager over and demanded my drink. They apologised and gave me the drink complimentary. I didn't want a free drink, I wanted 5 star service which you would expect at a premium resort.

Management need overhaul their processes and invest heavily into staff training. For the prices they charge, this resort was a huge disappointment.

8 Thank Luked123
Helmy_Shaukany, Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Luked123,
Thank you for your constructive comments. I apologize profusely for the shortfalls and for the fact that we couldn't alleviate your problems immediately. You are absolute fully right that this should not have occurred in the first place. Once again my apologies.
Let me assure you that your comments have been addressed and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our "true colors”.
Best regards
Helmy Shaukany – The Management.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Booked this hotel because of the rating. Greatly disappointed after returning from this trip. It is nowhere near a five-star hotel or worth the price per night to stay at this hotel. We have always trusted house keeping staff at five-star hotels but apparently this isn't the one. Left valuables on the table during the day while we were not in our room and cannot find it when we return at night. Will not stay with this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank aquaxhaha
Dear aquarayleigh,
Thank you for your feedback and comments on your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan. I am very sorry that you found the hotel did not match your expectations.
In regards to the valuable things left in the room, “without prejudice” investigation have carried out immediately after reported upon your departure. The House keeping cleaners have been interrogated, the villa has been thoroughly searched again to no avail and we will definitely report to the Lost and Found Department for any items left behind.
I do hope that we will one day in the future still have the opportunity to receive you once more here at Banyan Tree Ungasan
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for 6 days during New Year's eve 2014. The hotel location and the gardens are amazing. We had a garden pool villa. The pool of the villa is one of the biggest private pools you can find in a hotel. The villas are huge and beautifully decorated.We strongly suggest this resort in Bali in case somebody is looking for a hotel away from crowded areas like Kuta Beach.
The beach is not swimmable but the views from Jumana Restaurant are fantastic, Central pool is also amazing. The resort is really value for money.

Dear Npasxa,
Thank you so much for the lovely comments on your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali. We are delighted to hear your positive review.
Thank you once again.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I just want to thank you and the Banyan Tree Staff for doing an awesome job to ensure that I had a wonderful stay in Banyan Tree. The service was exceptional and we enjoyed the stay at our wonderful villa tremendously. My parents would also like to thank the Banyan Tree Team for celebrating their anniversary with the nice decorations and delicious cake.

We hope to come back to Banyan Tree Bali soon and I look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you and We wish you a Happy New Year too!

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
Alila Villas Uluwatu
#2 of 11 in Ungasan
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali
#2 of 8 in Uluwatu

Been to Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali? Share your experiences!