Suites Alba Resort & Spa
Lagoa Hotel(Lagoa)(Great Value!)
US$55
Vale d'El Rei Hotel & Villas(Lagoa)(Great Value!)
US$94
Agua Hotels Riverside(Lagoa)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Colina da Lapa Resort(Lagoa)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$80
  • Pool
Quinta dos Oliveiras(Carvoeiro)(Great Value!)
US$67
Pestana Golf Resort Gramacho(Carvoeiro)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$114
US$171
US$149
Agoda.com
Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA(Carvoeiro)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$112
Hotels.com
US$114
US$90
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe cliffroom servicesea viewsmoked salmonwedding venuesmall beachliving roomdouble jacuzzi bathevening restaurantyour luggageoutdoor poolnearest townalgarve coastturkish bathbirthday cakefull kitchenrooms are big
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Overall Comments: In the middle of nowhere, but nice rooms with great beach. More like an apartment complex with some management.

Room: Excellent, apartment style, without any kitchen utensils, but well furnished and modern. Great bathroom with huge spa bath.

Location: Very secluded and quiet. 15 minute taxi ride to nearest town.

Facilities: Limited…one restaurant (good food though). Poor gym with terrible quality equipment. Indoor and outdoor pools and spa.

Food: Great but limited choice as only one restaurant.

Service: Friendly but limited, not really hotel standard service.

Parking: On site outdoor.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FoodJunkie66
Frederick M, General Manager at Suites Alba Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about our property, and I am glad to hear you have had a pleasant stay with us. I think our remoteness is definitely an asset as we are surrounded by beautiful mediterranean lanscape and right (almost) on top of the ragged coastline of the Algarve. I do agree with you that the gym requires some equipment upgrades and we will be planning this for 2012. We do hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you back at Alba Villas.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Spacious luxury houses, nice pool area; located in the albandeira beach, 8 km from carvoeiro town. A bit isolated, 5 km or so through a woods' path. Overall, recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We were here during the end-of-year holiday. The place was for sure not fully occupied. The appartments were the best value we ever had. Each appartment had a large living room with seats, a television, a dvd player (!), next to that a smaller kitchen with a large table, two bedrooms each with a televeision and a large bathroom. What can a (wo)man ask for more. Well, the outside pool was obviously too cold (although at the newyear celebration some portuguese people jumped in.) and the slammer indoor pool could have been a bit larger. The water in the pools is salty. there is a sauna and a turkish bath (with massage sessions if you care to pay extra) and a work out area. I presume that we had a good deal because of the time of the year.
Make sure you've got a GPS to find it because it's not well indicated.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Midrac
Reviewed 2 May 2011

A perfect location for relaxing and escaping the stress of modern day life. Away from the hustle and bustle of the commercial world, this was honey to the bee!!
Surrounded by extremely thoughtful and polite staff, nothing was too much trouble. From the spa to the restaurant, every request was efficiently executed. We visited a local restaurant which served typical Portugese cuisine and enjoyed a delightful meal, cooked to perfection The lady owner was extremely hospitable, even volunteering to deliver some shopping to us the following day!.(which was Sunday). It doesn't get much better than this....

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank polly097
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Travelled with my husband and son in April. Overall a good holiday in very roomy and clean suite.
Arrived at reception- not what you would expect from 5 star. Simple desk with two members of staff on duty (not the friendliest of check ins).
As we arrived in the evening I was convinced we were the only guests as the resort was silent with all of the shutters down........ very very quiet!
Taken to our suite which was lovely. Very clean and lots of room. Large living room area- two sofas and chair. DIning and kitchen with no cutlery, utensils, crockery what so ever? Very strange? Immediately went back to reception and asked for directions to nearest Inter marche - supermarket and asked for kitchen equipment. The look of horror on the receptionists face was evident. He seemed to be appalled that I might want to buy and prepare some food in the kitchen for us to eat?I refused to be put off by his manner and when we returned from the shop we received a limited amount of equipment. I was so convinced that we wouldn't get a pot or pan or sharp knife that I bought a couple of cheap ones in the supermarket to get us by, and we needed them too!
Broad band in room via a lead (we took our own) very slow unable to watch I player. had to down load over night.
The bedrooms were spotlessly clean with large beds. ( a little hard for my taste) but perfectly acceptable. Had a good giggle watching my 6ft hubby try and fit into a size 12-14 complimentary robe! They really need to invest in more sizes. The seem to only have one ladies size and a tiny new born baby size!
The bathroom looked lovely, nice stone tiles and pristine white. Unfortunately it had a few problems. The shower had no way of staying up on the hook. It was evident that this has been a long term problem as the door had been warped with all the water accidents. The shower glass over the bath makes it impossible unless you have really long arms to turn on the bath without taking your shoes off and standing in it.
First night sleep was a non event due to the cistern in the toilet leaking and constantly filling up with water every 5 mins. Reported this to the reception and with in minutes were assured it would be fixed. Returned later that day to find someone had clearly been in but it was not fixed it. Fortunately my hubby located two water valves on the wall and we opted to switch the water off every night! After that we had a lovely quiet sleep. The reception at no point phoned or followed up our complaint to see if it was sorted. I do pity the next guests in the room as they will too have a sleepless night with the noise. If your going look out for the valves!!!
The restaurant waitress was lovely and very helpful, a real asset. Breakfast for us was perfect no problems at all. Ate once in the restaurant. Quite a fancy menu if you desire it, a snack menu and a kids menu so they do try and cater for everyone. Wasn't blown away with the food or disgruntled just not wooed into going back for another night of cuisine. Used their room service twice and really enjoyed the food delivered.
Location/pools etc. The decking and chairs seemed to be constantly getting jet washed during the day when you would want to sit at the pool. As a result we only got one day out of seven at the pool side. Some of this work could have been done else where or outside peak times I am sure. The pool has a beautiful view into the sea and the wee pool inside is somewhat intimate and can only take two or three at a time without it feeling a bit too cosy!
Beach- you are very close to two lovely small beaches. My son loved the beach, it was simply stunning, very beautiful. A word to the wise if the have mobility issues. Bring sturdy walking shoes to get you down the steep crumbly decline to the beach. Sandals and flip flops will cause a problem..... trust me!! I have some mobility problems and struggled a few times, especially on the return back up to the hotel. It is worth the attempt though.
If you have a car you can take a wee side road down and it will take you to the picnic tables saving the cliff descent but you will still have to step down very steep decking with some wooden slats missing. It is soooo worth it hough!
Overall, seems like I have moaned on and on but all these wee minor things could have be easily fixed with better maintenance and it started to niggle me as the week went on. The service isn't on a par with the uk star rating, but I suppose you come to expect that. I would recommend it as generally it is still lovely, spacious and clean, all you really want when you are abroad and it does have the most beautiful location.
If you have booked to go I am sure you will love it. Just ask for kitchen equipment and turn the water off at night if the loo leaks and embrace the novel way of standing in the bath to reach the taps..... you get used to it...... infact you might come to like running your baths that way ;)

Room Tip: Visit Porches Pottery along the road!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family