This place was amazing from the start to the finish of our holiday. We went for a 5 day break out of season and loved every minute of our stay. The accommodation was 5 * Our own luxury home, with televisions in the bedrooms and living room and a DVD player. The kitchen was immaculate with a hob and microwave which allowed us to cook simple meals if we required. (We had some amazing fish!) The restaurant was excellent and the food beautiful, although we can only comment on the breakfasts ( champagne and fresh orange juice :-)). Lots of cold meat/ cheeses and smoked salmon, bacon and eggs e.t.c and lovely fresh baked rolls as well as pastries, cereals and fresh fruit. We only didn't eat at night as we'd gone on a budget and the evening meals were quite expensive, ( in our opinion) but the standard was high so probably not for what you got.
The pool and grounds were immaculate and even though they were in the process of completing an additional pool, it didn't detract from the peaceful atmosphere.
The setting ,for us, couldn't be bettered. Set Above a couple of little cove beaches with steps leading down to them and a small restaurant/ cafe in the process of opening and nothing else in the near vicinity.
Walking along the cliff tops in either direction was a joy. That said, if you prefer action, entertainment and plenty of things to do at night, then this probably isn't the place for you. A short taxi ride would take you to a nearby resort village though if you want the best of both worlds.
We hired a car which was very cheap to do and not far to get to Portomaio and lots of shops!
Would have loved to explore the area more but time didn't allow as our deal included a lovely massage each ( the masseur was brilliant) and a cleopatra bath ( honey milk and essential oils, soothing music,soft lights in the bath and candlelight. We certainly felt relaxed! Robes and towels are provided and the swimming pool was lovely after a bit of a session in the gym.
The staff went out of their way to be helpful, and were very polite and always had a smile.
I only wish we had more time there!! A romantic anniversary treat maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the top of the cliff of the Albandeira beach, surrounded by unspoiled typical Mediterranean and Algarvean vegetation, Suites Alba offers a unique spot in Algarve's worldwide awarded beach. Direct public beach access through a path from the hotel (beach about 150 meters from the resort). A very quite and calm environment; the resort comprises 50 Suites in total, being 31 Villa category units, 10 Partial Sea View category units, 6 Sea View category units and 3 Alba category (1 bedroom and Jacuzzi + kitchenette), all of them offering a spacious 85 sqm of building space. Includes also 1 restaurant, 1 bar and Spa. The facilities and the romantic setting make the resort the ideal retreat for couples and with its all-suite accommodation and location just a short stroll from a great beach, Suites Alba provide all the ingredients for an excellent family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Suites Alba Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Alba Hotel Carvoeiro
- Suites Alba Resort And Spa
- Suites Alba Resort & Spa Portugal/Algarve