“Happy family”

Darnley Lodge Hotel
Darnley Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Athboy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Darnley Lodge Hotel overnight before heading to Dublin airport the next day and found it to be the most wonderful hotel. Our room was fabulous, incredibly spacious and luxurious. We found the staff incredibly accommodating. The food was delicious too. A big thank you to Hazel and David for a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank k0n34

Reviewed 30 June 2014

was in the old darnley yesterday for the first time since it opened. i had turkey and ham very tender nice veg. i myself did not have desert but the people i was with did and they got hard to find a waitress and when they did she took there order. but a few minutes later another waitress came down to take our order again a bit of confusion in the kitchen. the people were waiting for the duration of 20 minutes for 2 deserts. need to be more organised and have better service

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank anonymous4u2213
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I found myself in Athboy at lunch time Friday . So I popped into The Darnley for a spot of lunch. I had only entered the food area when a most pleasant man greeted me and said the chef would be along in a minute and as I waited a second person asked was I looked after. The chef carved me a nice plate of beef and the veg on offer was also of a high quality and may I say piping hot. What the place lacks in ambiance makes it up with the food and the price under €10 I Elbe back soon. Best of luck to the young couple who took over the hotel they deserve all our support and custom TomC

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just back from a weekend at the Darnley Lodge and had to leave a review. Fifteen of us stayed here for a hen party and everyone agreed that the staff were great and that the food was beautiful. We ate in the hotel both nights, really nice menu and very reasonable. Everything was organised smoothly and efficiently and nothing was a bother to the staff here. Nicola was such a great help before we had even arrived and she managed to have a function room set up for us with a projector which she sourced on my request, so that we could play mr and mrs on a big screen. The service we recieved from Nicola carried on when we got there and she seemed to make everything run smoothly. All the staff were warm and helpful, a special thanks to David who looked out for us all weekend and Sinead who was so friendly and full of information during breakfast.

Thanks so much for making our time in Athboy so special!

If anyone is thinking of doing the Causeyfarm package, I would highly recommend booking it with the Darnley Lodge.

A Happy Hen!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank siobhan f
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Let me start by saying the food was fine nice and hot......it was the staff I was disappointed with they did there job...just...we did not feel welcome..there was no warmth or frienlyness... It was not vey busy...when we arrived we order a jug of water...the waitress picked up a bottle from the bar it was room temperature and I had to go to the bar to get ice.....it not that I expect staff to fall at my feet but I do expect to feel welcome....it may just have been bar food but the prices did not reflect that

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Have to say it s great to see this hotel open again. Food is good , the chicken caesar is lovley. service is only ok. A lot of young staff that seem nervous . Have been back a few times since it reopened and wish them the best as athboy needs this hotel badly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hotmammaWestmeath
david s, General Manager at Darnley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi HM,

Thank you for your review and supporting the Darnley Lodge Hotel. Great to hear you like our food. Thank you for your comments in regards to improving our service. We have taken this under advisement and we are confident you will see an improvement on your next visit.

Thanks again,
David

Reviewed 31 March 2014

great that the Darnley is open again as regular visitors to this part of Ireland we have always gone to the Darnley for a meal . last time it was closed .so now its under new owners and up and running .just as good as it always was and just as busy good food good value for money friendly staff even when one of our party only wanted an omelette not on the menu it was supplied. cannot fault it will be back again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Marie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athboy
Newgrange Hotel
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ardboyne Hotel
Ardboyne Hotel
#3 of 4 in Navan

Been to Darnley Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!