Stayed from April 4-7, 2014, to attend a wedding on April 5, 2014. It was my first visit to Turtle Beach but I'm unsure if I'll be back. Here are my experiences:
The Resort itself - Great setting, close to the beach. The beach itself wasn't fantastic but the scenery was great. the resort itself could use an upgrade, but I guess its the rustic look that may be appealing to visitors.
The Pool - Clean and well-laid out. Great for children as it isn't that deep, 3 or 4 ft, if I'm not mistaken.Has a swim up bar but the service is a bit slow, with more attention to the normal service.
The restaurant - Having breakfast beachside is always a memorable experience. However, during the 3 nights I stayed there, there weren't much variety at all times, and I noticed that some dishes were not replenished when it was finished from the trays. The fried fish was fresh and tasty, and the spiced mahi mahi and the sweet chili chicken was delicious. And breakfast was amazing as usual.
The service - The service at the restaurant was generally poor. There were alot of servers who didn't smile much, even if you smiled at them, which came off as very unfriendly. This should be improved. The service at the bar was generally ok, but the drinks were delicious considering the not so premium liquor at hand. The reception/lobby personnel should improve on their service also. I want to mention the cleaning staff with great admiration. they were all friendly and polite, considering they deal with dirty rooms etc. I must say that my room was in a bit unclean at one point because of an 'accident' the night before, consuming too many drinks and when I came back from breakfast, the room was spotless. Didn't see the cleaning lady, so I did not get to thank her. So thank you for your service in Room 222.
The wedding - The bride and groom was disappointed in the planning of the wedding (didn't get the flowers they wanted, requested bar-be-que on the menu, and didn't get it, and the videographer left as soon as the ceremony was over when he was supposed to stay a bit longer and charged an exhorbitant fee for that half hour or so). But it was memorable for them nonetheless.
Considering all this, I'm not sure if i'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "best beach resort experience in Tobago" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Rex Hotel Scarborough
- Turtle Beach Tobago
- Turtle Beach Rex Resorts
- Turtle Beach Hotel Tobago
- Turtle Beach By Rex Resorts Tobago/Plymouth