“Best Place at the Best Price.”
Review of Cocrico Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Cocrico Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2012

You get great amenities at a fraction of the price at Cocorico and great customer service. I stayed here with my husband, and 2 daughters-9 & 1. We really wanted a pool for the kids and their pool is beautiful. It was in walking distance a fort that had a playground and beautiful view overlooking Turtle Bay.Scarborough, beaches, gas, groceries where all nearby. You do need a car but it is perfectly located to everything on the island-nothing is too far and its a great spot if you want to explore. The best thing about this property is that it is family owned and operated and the Changs do everything they can to make sure you have a pleasant stay. I do not understand the negative reviews if people had a problem the Changs would have fixed it. I celebrated my birthday while I was there and they went out of their way to make sure I had a great time. The room was basic but has cable, hot water (i think its solar only got hot in the day), comfy beds, balconies, and ours had a small kitchenette. It is not a fancy place but you arent paying $200US you are paying 200TT. My family and I have stayed at Bananaquit, Store Bay Holiday Resort, and a few others and this is by far the best value. Only thing I would just is more cleaning service but if we had asked for clean sheets or towels or anything they would have been provided. I recommend this place to anyone who wants a great value, to explore the island. If you want luxury this isnt it. This is by far the best value with the best customer service. Beautiful pool. Enjoy it!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline H
changrela, Owner at Cocrico Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

We are ever conscious of the effects of the recession, both locally and internationally, on holidaymakers. Hence, our policy of deliberately keeping our room rates at a price that the average traveler can afford. We provide basic accommodation at affordable rates.

There are newer reviews for Cocrico Inn

Reviewed 13 April 2012

This place is nothing like what i expected...It is in need of upgrade...I visited here on a last minute trip to Tobago and could not get any of my usual spots...It was the only place available and now i know why..everyone else new better...The location is out of the way...And rooms are awkward...Let me put it like this :

My room was supposed to hold 5 It was large with 4 cot beds a screen division and a twin bed. It had a shared washroom and my kitchenette was outside the room...That trip was not one i want to remember...Well just the hotel part...Beware...You have been warned..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GCLB
changrela, Owner at Cocrico Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

This traveler obviously made a last minute booking and got the only available room, which is a low budget room that families or large groups with children normally book when they want to cook outdoors, stay close together, lime and have fun under a covered area, next to a spacious swimming pool. When combined with the adjacent room which has an indoor kitchen, groups of 12 or more people are easily accommodated. GCLB obviously does not fall into this category and was dis-appointed. Travelers in a hurry are encouraged to check the Inn's website for information on accommodation before booking.
The location is out of the way for the un-informed, since route taxis and buses are easily available for those without transportation. Shuttle service can also be provided.
As mentioned before, GCLB got a low budget room. As such, the sleeping accommodation provided is two double beds, two single folding beds and two children beds. Sleeping accommodation is provided for up to 8 persons. Cot beds are not used at the Inn. As explained before, a large private cooking area is provided outdoors and not a kitchenette. The washroom is only shared by occupants of the room.
GCLB is obviously a busy frequent traveler and is encouraged to visit us anytime and stay in one of our standard or superior rooms and not the low budget rooms that large families and groups find attractive. Thanks for your feedback anyway, since you gave us an opportunity to explain to others who may not know otherwise. Make sure you book early though.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have been to cocrico inn on many occasions. The prices are the best. The family and friendly setting is exactly what you are looking for, the manager and manageress you cannot beat.The manager will go out on a limb to assist you in whatever you would like to get done. I will continue to visit the inn whenever I am in Tobago. Franklin B

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Franklin B
changrela, Owner at Cocrico Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Yes, we are family owned and operated. And we treat our guests as our own family. That's why we go out of the way to make your stay as comfortable as possible at the most affordable rates.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I believe that the Cocrico Inn is the smart choice. From my point of view its ideal, based on the premise that you are looking for a decent, well maintained and conservative hotel to occupy whilst you explore the beauty of Tobago during your many escapades. Personally I've been to the Inn many times (as recent as today) and I can testify to extremely reasonable prices,very accommodating staff and barrage of other seemingly insignificant qualities that makes Cocrico Inn the ideal place for me. Its not a fancy hotel with all the luxuries of a home but rather the necessities of one and hey there is even a pool if you like (in my case love). I believe that there is a concerted effort on behalf off the staff for continual improvement as everytime i go to the Inn there are new improvements being made, the most recent being the wireless internet option which is useful. I would recommend it to anyone/persons seeking the ideal place for an enjoyable get-away at an affordable cost.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Christopher P
changrela, Owner at Cocrico Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

We take pride in making your stay enjoyable. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Well its less than half-a-star in terms of hotel ratings I would imagine.
I did not choose this place(chosen by others). Not recommended at all.
Very poor guest house overall.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jmbmujer
changrela, Owner at Cocrico Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

There is not much to respond to in this review since it is just a blanket statement without any facts. If this reviewer did in fact visit the Inn, it would be appreciated if I be contacted at my e-mail address or on my mobile phone. Contact information can be found on the Inn's website. We do appreciate any feedback that will help us improve our service.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Had a gr8 time it was the jazz weekend and we were pretty close to the jazz on the beach at Mt Irving Bay. As for my boys the really enjoyed the pool. Owners were friendly and very helpful and they even let me use the kitchen to make meals for my family.

Room Tip: If u looking for posh rooms u wont get it here basic room and furnishing is what you will get.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank knicks23

Our pool is certainly the No.1 reason why families with young children return here, year after year. Some rooms have cooking facilities. Guests in rooms without are allowed to use our restaurant's kitchen and dining room to prepare and enjoy their meals. I guess this is the No.2 reason why families keep returning. Those not inclined to cook are free to place an order with our Innkeeper for breakfast, lunch or dinner at extremely reasonable prices. Rooms are not posh, but basic and clean. Not pricey, but matched to suit your pocket. We offer a blend of rooms depending on your needs. Those interested in occupying the entire Inn are advised to contact us as early as possible. In some cases 6 to 9 months before arrival.Check out our photos, on the media page and our Accommodation and Rates page on our website.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

I visited ths hotel fro a mere 6 hours after we (friends and their families including mine) were told that we cannot bathe with long sleeve, hijaab and pants in the pool. Our kids were also discriminated for their wear even though they wore bathing clothes (spandex). We had to search for another hotel in the night with our kids and luckily found one. We were totally discriminated due our religion - Islam. I have not had this experience in any other hotel in Tobago since coming here for the last ten years. Furthermore, we didn't get a full refund. They charged us for a night ($300.). I would say that they need to work on their public relations with the entire world, whatever the race, religion, age or kind.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank aneesakhanali

As the new owners of the Inn, we are obliged to reply to this review as part of our re-branding exercise.The leader of this group chose to return to the Inn last year, having enjoyed the pool with their children the previous year. The pool rules were posted on the wall next to the pool in big bold letters and also on our website prior to their arrival. It is difficult to understand how no one in the group noticed them. The group chose to leave of their own accord when the notice was brought to their attention. Asking for a full refund under these circumstances is also difficult to understand. The public is open to judge for themselves whether or not any discrimination took place.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
Hibiscus Heights
Hibiscus Heights
#3 of 97 in Tobago

Been to Cocrico Inn? Share your experiences!