“Its not Shanahans on Green !!!!!”

Keenan's Hotel, Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tarmonbarry
Cork, Ireland
“Its not Shanahans on Green !!!!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Myself and a friend have eaten here several times over the last eighteen months or so . We ate there last week giving it one final outing as our previous experience to this was also disappointing.....what do I say steak cold as was veg staff very friendly as normal but the reality is that keenans is pub grub at a hugely inflated price .....I actuall believe the steaks could possibly be the most expensive outside of Dublin and sadly the quality does not match the prices of anything on the menu. Disappointed

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Recently stayed in Keenans hotel in Tarmonbarry and absolutely loved it. The hotel is small and so cosy, rooms are a delight, very clean with modern decor. Beautiful view overlooking the Shannon - a relaxing treat with lovely staff. Had dinner in the bar/restaurant downstairs which was delightful too. Can't say enough good things about this hotel and its staff and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Shannon are delightful. Family room is interconnecting plenty of space.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Castlerea, Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I normally wouldn't both reviewing a place, but I went along last night for a bite to eat with the gang from work. Now, I got diagnosed as coeliac less than a year ago and it's eating out that's the hard part; I miss certain foods, and when i'm in a restaurant, it's a nice steak and chips that I REALLY miss. Anyway, in Keenan's last night, I ordered the alternative, the mash, and because the staff knew of my condition, I was told 'No, you can have the chips - we cook them separately'.

Dear reader, I have never been so happy. Sure, the pepper sauce was still off limits, but dammit, chips! It's nine months since I've had this! And it was delicious. Plenty of Gluten Free dessert options, and they very kindly did a GF garlic bread for me as well.

This was great service. Put it like this - I wouldn't normally drive to/from Dublin via Tarmonbarry. After my experience here, that might well change!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ivan M
Dubin
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My family and I have being stopping off here for lunch for 8 years or so on our journey from Dublin to Roscommon up to 10 times a year as the food, service and hospitality is always excellent and extremely good value. There is a good choice on the menu which has a slight edge over your average pub grub and the food always comes out quick which is important when you have three hungry boys! The only down side is the toilets which are very dark and dingey and could do with updating, however that would not stop us from dining here.

• Stayed March 2013
Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Recently went for Sunday dinner here with family and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
The staff are so welcoming, friendly and nothing is too much even when they're run off their feet. It was really busy there, but you'd never feel like you were left waiting. Very attentive staff.
The food is yummy, really delicious, the nicest food i've had in a LONG time and I just can't wait to go back. Definitely one of my favorites now.

Will highly recommend :) :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My family and I had a lovely 3 night stay at Keenans. Theres a Great range of breakfast options and it was no trouble for items not on menu. Beautiful scenery, the Shannon flowed gently by our window. There's also a restaurant which is very popular, especially on Sunday, I would recommend you book a table. The bar is welcoming and friendly too. I could have stayed there forever. Thankyou to Annette and the team for looking after us.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed here for one night in January and it was great from start to finish. Got a really warm welcome from all the staff, particularly Michelle, who's the owner I think. The hotel is furnished to a very high standard, is beautifully designed and the food is also great. Great views of the Shannon in the morning. The bar is really comfortable, has an old Irish pub feel to it and even the bar food is great. The only thing I would say is that the food is a little on the expensive side but as the portions are big and the food tasty we didn't mind too much. A great find. Enjoy it if you do go.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Shannon are good as the views are lovely in the morning. They also have a litt...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maryland_7733
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarmonbarry
Viewmount House
#2 of 3 in Roscommon
Sheraton Athlone
Sheraton Athlone
#3 of 9 in Athlone

Been to Keenan's Hotel, Bar and Restaurant? Share your experiences!